Tet and Godrulz at dinner

God's Truth

Romans 6:6, 8:1 thoroughly refute you.

No law, no condemnation.
No old law.
We have a new law, and it is the law of Christ. The law of Christ is the commands for the new covenant.

Paul taught the new covenant.

2 Corinthians 3:6 He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant—not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

Hence Colossians 2:13. If you'd believe that, you'd understand it.

That scripture is about the Gentiles not having to get circumcised before Jesus saved them.

Colossians 2:13 When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins,

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Paul said the believer is forgiven all. Your statement pretends not to deny this, but it does.

Forgiveness is either plenary, finalized and permanent or it isn't. Pick one.

When Paul talks about justification, it is dealing with the past since those sins actually exist. There is provision for present and future sins, but not while persisted in (same thing with justification; one is justified by grace through faith, not by persistent, godless, sinful unbelief).

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Romans 6:6, 8:1 thoroughly refute you.

No law, no condemnation.

Hence Colossians 2:13. If you'd believe that, you'd understand it.

Paul condemned the sinning saints. He did not coddle them in their sins nor did Jesus. Rom. is relating to full justification and is assuming they are walking in light vs darkness. Rom. 6-8 deals with sanctification which you seem oblivious to.

musterion

When Paul talks about justification, it is dealing with the past since those sins actually exist. There is provision for present and future sins, but not while persisted in (same thing with justification; one is justified by grace through faith, not by persistent, godless, sinful unbelief).

Straw man. 'All' means all, Col 2:13.

Paul prescribed no means for the Body under grace to WORK to stay in the forgiveness of God, which you have imagined and embraced. Your anti-grace error is of Shugartian proportions.

Paul condemned the sinning saints. He did not coddle them in their sins nor did Jesus.

I agree...and yet they were still called saints: sanctified ones.

But you're not listening, really. You never do.

Keep on despising the Blood of the cross.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
I do not despise the blood (straw man) and believe it is effective for past, present, future sins. As an Open Theist, I do not believe future sins exist (they may or may not obtain). The verses about repentance, confession, obedience, holiness, etc. may be dismissed by MAD error or hyper-grace error, but not by sound exegesis. Sin persisted in is not innocuous. Saying God sees Jesus while a Christian fornicates is idiotic, unbiblical, illogical, dangerous.:bang:

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
I am saying He was genuinely tempted like us. It was real temptation that He could have yielded to (He had a will and mind as a personal human being), but DID NOT (so, fully sinless then, now, forever). Will not is not cannot.

SD: “ Could he [Jesus] have sinned?
Godrulz: “I believe He could have, but did not…” Link

Being genuinely tempted :freak: does not necessitate his being a sinner (Rom. 5:12, 16). He is able to sympathize and he is without sin (Heb 4:14).

It is not praiseworthy if a robot cannot sin.
He is a robot if he is not a sinner? Is 5:3, Ga 5:9 :dizzy:

It is praiseworthy that he is holy (Ps. 16:10, Is. 11:4, 5). Man's heart is evil (Matt. 15:19, 20). His is not (1 Jn 1:5).

robot.gif
He gave Adam a will. Forced love is not love. If God destroyed freedom, then God would destroy love. If God destroyed love, then God would destroy the highest good. God could not destroy evil without destroying freedom. If we are not free to choose good, then we are not free. There must be therefore the ability to choose evil. For God to destroy evil would be evil because God would be destroying the capability for the highest good--and that is for his creatures to choose to love him and to serve him (Rogers).

"The greatest sin is sinning against love." ~ J. Vernon McGee

See:

How to Make Sense Out of Suffering by Adrian Rogers

meshak

BANNED
Banned
While driving through Canada on my way to Alaska, I stopped in Edmonton and had dinner with Godrulz.

I really enjoyed meeting, and talking to Godrulz over dinner.

tet (on left) and Godrulz (on right):

picture.php

Hey,

I met with bybee and she treated me with coffee. We had a nice chat.:)

She brought her son. I hope it was not meant to be her body guard.

SaulToPaul 2

I believe Sozo and The Voltenator (Voltaire) met up for some french fries and sodas one time a few years back. :chew:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
How many posts per day did rulz have when had 50,000 posts? With spare time, I have no problem with 20 or 25 posts in day. That doesn't take long at all.

Dan Emanuel

Hey,

I met with bybee and she treated me with coffee. We had a nice chat.:)

She brought her son. I hope it was not meant to be her body guard.
Rigidity is a tool we can wield, and when its the right job for the tool, rigidity is the right tool for the job.

There are other tool's in the workshop though. When its not the right job for the tool, that can be such a frustrating thing. You have to go find the right job for the tool your using, or you have to learn to use another tool, for which, it is the right job, for that tool.

You can teach an old dog new trick's, but its got to be step-by-step, line-upon-line, with ton's of repetition. The kind of thing that work's with kid's, so long as the kid's are well-behaved, because if your an adolescent about it, it won't work. Your building new synapse's, new interstate highway's through you're brain. It take's fine detail, precision, and a lot of repetition, and the degree of repetition determine's how much time is needed. And with a rebellious, adolescent attitude, the process grind's to a halt. Hopefully, the old dog's have at least learned this, and can be trusted to repeat there lesson's.

DJ