The Actual Truth About MLK, Jr., a Response

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Since aCW is over in his thread decrying people not answering him after locking it down repeatedly to keep them from doing that :chuckle: I thought I'd set out an answer to his last and a general, brief comment on the facts.

...Speaking of TOL'ers who in real life voted "pro choice" (but pretend to be pro life on the worldwideweb)
I've never voted pro choice.

You must have missed it, but there was a Supreme Court case that settled the abortion question and absent a Constitutional Amendment it's not likely to move.

Anyone who voted for either national candidate in any recent presidential election voted for someone who believed in abortion rights, differing only on the particulars. Neither gentleman was going to undo Roe, which a Republican appointed majority gave us.

If you like TH we can move the conversation..
I'd be surprised if you didn't want to move the discussion off the point I made and the one you can't counter.

Speaking to that point...

As for King, he was at best a man who played too loosely with attribution as an academician and at worst a plagiarist and he was an unfaithful husband, a major moral failure. Neither of those are things to be glossed over, nor should they define a lifetime of choices. He was a flawed human being, unquestionably, as so many of us have been or are or will be.

What we should celebrate on MLK, Jr. day is the cause he championed and the sacrifice he made doing so, remembering that in a time when the color of your skin could be a death sentence, in the heart of a land riddled with hatred and violence he stood up against both and gave his last, full measure to see an institutionalized evil stricken from the face of law.

That, as they say, ain't hay.

GFR7

Since aCW is over in his thread decrying people not answering him after locking it down repeatedly to keep them from doing that :chuckle: I thought I'd set out an answer to his last and a general, brief comment on the facts.

You must have missed it, but there was a Supreme Court case that settled the abortion question and absent a Constitutional Amendment it's not likely to move.

Anyone who voted for either national candidate in any recent presidential election voted for someone who believed in abortion rights, differing only on the particulars. Neither gentleman was going to undo Roe, which a Republican appointed majority gave us.

I'd be surprised if you didn't want to move the discussion off the point I made and the one you can't counter.

As for King, he was at best a man who played too loosely with attribution as an academician and at worst a plagiarist and he was an unfaithful husband, a major moral failure. Neither of those are things to be glossed over, nor should they define a lifetime of choices. He was a flawed human being, unquestionably, as so many of us have been or are or will be.

What we should celebrate on MLK, Jr. day is the cause he championed and the sacrifice he made doing so, remembering that in a time when the color of your skin could be a death sentence, in the heart of a land riddled with hatred and violence he stood up against both and gave his last, full measure to see an institutionalized evil stricken from the face of law.

BBM- Beautiful invocation of the value of MLK's life and mission. :thumb:

Zeke

Yet the same spring that watered that injustice, is still contributing to the same perpetual recycling of that morphing cancer, and follows the same MO that just hides behind a different color/ethnic group who gets to be the new whipping boy for the corporate compact that you embrace.

King was just a man dealing with the same "old BS" (still going on) and the fact about it's foundation isn't something that a legal loyalist veiled mind can even relate to, you have been fooled since the creation of that paper birth name you think is you, which makes you even more a slave than he was.

A registered citizen/artificial programmed actors should obey, and celebrate the holy days set in paper for them to celebrate, just like the Bankers/wallstreet get to rape and pillage the flock, they also get Baaled out to enjoy the fruits of the scheme, keep voting TH liability is coming to a town near you.

Last edited:

resodko

BANNED
Banned
the south was populated by scumbags

king was a scumbag who wanted the white scumbags to stop oppressing the blacks

....so their children could become scumbags

l.jpg

way to go, you retarded scumbag libs :thumb:

Last edited:

JosephR

l.jpg

way to go, you retarded libs :thumb:

Why is res allowed to be here?

Arthur Brain

Well, it was no real surprise that Connie was gonna lock his thread after dropping such an enormous clanger. It's not the first time he's been bitten for not checking his sources...

:thumb:

shagster01

l.jpg

What have the people in this picture done to be labeled scumbags?

I'm asking because I don't know who they are. So give me some examples of their scumbaggery.

Morpheus

It was almost funny how aCw finished with some rant about how I didn't answer a question he asked after I left. Sorry, but my life, unlike his, does not revolve around TOL. Given the choice of attending the birthday party of one of my 16 grandchildren or continuing to reply to his irrational ranting, the grandson wins. After reading through the prior responses to this thread there was nothing surprising in them. The usual suspects were drawn in like rats to cheese and the positive responses came from those one would expect.

Considering the vitriol and hatred expressed by the King detractors, if the standard for acceptable behavior is theirs then the bar is set so low that almost everyone can clear it. Expecting near perfection out of a man far exceeds the expectation God sets for us, as you said, "and so grace.". But for some men to attack another relatively honorable man for not meeting such an impossible standard while they themselves fall so short of it is pure hypocrisy.

As for the accusation about King being awarded the 1st Margaret Sanger award, he did not seek the award or the association. In fact at the time it was given little was known about Sanger or Planned Parenthood other than they taught about birth control and sex education. Being the very 1st Sanger award, obviously her organization wanted to associate themselves with big name heroes. That 1st award was given to 4 men in 1966 including King. Roe v Wade wasn't decided until 1973, 7 years later. aCw chooses to attack King (primarily because he read about it on a neo-Nazi, White supremicist website) because an organization teaching birth control and sex education (at the time) wanted the associate themselves with his name to gain credibility. Yet aCw chooses to associate himself with White supremacist and confessed Nazi organizations, unwilling to retract the associations even after the truth about them is repeatedly shown to him from their own literature that he had already been using. That double standard exposes the raw bigotry of some here.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
you voted for bammy in 08, the most pro-abort candidate on the ballot
Abortion was settled already. And until those of us who continue to argue and convince people can raise enough agreement for a Constitutional amendment that's how it will remain.

It was settled by a Republican appointed majority to the Court.

town dissembles:
No. I didn't.

On “Meet the Press,” McCain said he had “come to the conclusion that the exceptions for rape, incest, and the life of the mother are legitimate exceptions” to an outright ban on abortions. “I don’t claim to be a theologian, but I have my moral beliefs.” If Roe v. Wade is overturned and abortion outlawed, McCain said he believes doctors who performed abortions would be prosecuted. “But I would not prosecute a woman” who obtained an abortion.
Source: Boston Globe, p. A9 Jan 31, 2000​

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
It was almost funny how aCw finished with some rant about how I didn't answer a question he asked after I left. Sorry, but my life, unlike his, does not revolve around TOL. Given the choice of attending the birthday party of one of my 16 grandchildren or continuing to reply to his irrational ranting, the grandson wins. After reading through the prior responses to this thread there was nothing surprising in them. The usual suspects were drawn in like rats to cheese and the positive responses came from those one would expect.
He's a peculiar fellow.

Considering the vitriol and hatred expressed by the King detractors, if the standard for acceptable behavior is theirs then the bar is set so low that almost everyone can clear it. Expecting near perfection out of a man far exceeds the expectation God sets for us, as you said, "and so grace.". But for some men to attack another relatively honorable man for not meeting such an impossible standard while they themselves fall so short of it is pure hypocrisy.
That's their meat.

As for the accusation about King being awarded the 1st Margaret Sanger award, he did not seek the award or the association. In fact at the time it was given little was known about Sanger or Planned Parenthood other than they taught about birth control and sex education.
He doesn't care. He likely thinks the local library had the internet, but the stupidity of suggesting that someone would knowingly ally himself with someone working against his race and life's aim is so outrageous it's nearly its own counter.

aCw chooses to attack King (primarily because he read about it on a neo-Nazi, White supremicist website) because an organization teaching birth control and sex education (at the time) wanted the associate themselves with his name to gain credibility.
It's been said, but the boy has more issues than Grit Magazine and Time combined.

Yet aCw chooses to associate himself with White supremacist and confessed Nazi organizations, unwilling to retract the associations even after the truth about them is repeatedly shown to him from their own literature that he had already been using. That double standard exposes the raw bigotry of some here.
As with most bigoted malice it only hears what feeds it. You can't reason a man out of a position that was never held by virtue of that faculty.

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
MLK, Jr. was not shot for being a civil rights advocate. He was assassinated after he became an anti-war advocate. That made him a threat to the military industrial complex.

Daniel1611

MLK, Jr. was not shot for being a civil rights advocate. He was assassinated after he became an anti-war advocate. That made him a threat to the military industrial complex.

This. People think MLK was just about civil rights, but he was against the Vietnam war and was advocating a complete restructuring of out political system. I don't like the guy was allegedly a Reverend but didn't believe on Jesus Christ, but he championed some good causes.

PureX

:up:

It's the words I will take the time to remember, and honor. He was a great orator. And those words will echo in our minds forever, I hope.

"I am not unmindful that some of you have come here out of great trials and tribulations. Some of you have come fresh from narrow jail cells. And some of you have come from areas where your quest -- quest for freedom left you battered by the storms of persecution and staggered by the winds of police brutality. You have been the veterans of creative suffering. Continue to work with the faith that unearned suffering is redemptive. Go back to Mississippi, go back to Alabama, go back to South Carolina, go back to Georgia, go back to Louisiana, go back to the slums and ghettos of our northern cities, knowing that somehow this situation can and will be changed.

Let us not wallow in the valley of despair, I say to you today, my friends.

And so even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow, I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the American dream.

I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal."

I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia, the sons of former slaves and the sons of former slave owners will be able to sit down together at the table of brotherhood.

I have a dream that one day even the state of Mississippi, a state sweltering with the heat of injustice, sweltering with the heat of oppression, will be transformed into an oasis of freedom and justice.

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.

I have a dream today!

I have a dream that one day, down in Alabama, with its vicious racists, with its governor having his lips dripping with the words of "interposition" and "nullification" -- one day right there in Alabama little black boys and black girls will be able to join hands with little white boys and white girls as sisters and brothers.

I have a dream today!

I have a dream that one day every valley shall be exalted, and every hill and mountain shall be made low, the rough places will be made plain, and the crooked places will be made straight; "and the glory of the Lord shall be revealed and all flesh shall see it together."2

This is our hope, and this is the faith that I go back to the South with.

With this faith, we will be able to hew out of the mountain of despair a stone of hope. With this faith, we will be able to transform the jangling discords of our nation into a beautiful symphony of brotherhood. With this faith, we will be able to work together, to pray together, to struggle together, to go to jail together, to stand up for freedom together, knowing that we will be free one day.

And this will be the day -- this will be the day when all of God's children will be able to sing with new meaning:

My country 'tis of thee, sweet land of liberty, of thee I sing."​

republicanchick

l.jpg[/IMG]

well, this is a little over the top, but there is definitely some truth to it. Now Blacks try to oppress Whites.. (cause them to feel guilt, cause them to want bend over backwards to please Blacks...)

I am not falling for this. You see, it's like this

I didn't do it

heck, my ANCESTORS didn't even do it... they were poor, most of them... couldn't have owned slaves if they wanted to. And most of them didn't want to b/c they were Catholic and knew slavery was a terrible sin

+++

republicanchick

well, this is a little over the top, but there is definitely some truth to it. Now Blacks try to oppress Whites.. (cause them to feel guilt, cause them to want bend over backwards to please Blacks...)

I am not falling for this. You see, it's like this

I didn't do it

heck, my ANCESTORS didn't even do it... they were poor, most of them... couldn't have owned slaves if they wanted to. And most of them didn't want to b/c they were Catholic and knew slavery was a terrible sin