ECT The AMAZING opinion of Oatmeal

God's Truth

Ok explain John ch14. Jesus said the Father is greater than I. Jesus said the Father is in Him and that He was going to the Father. And Jesus said He would manifest himself to us.
Obviously there are different manifestations of the one True God at the same time.

I already explained it. God came as a Man. A Man is not as great as God. God really came as a Man.

oatmeal

God is invisible. Jesus is God made visible.

Jesus is not a mere man.

You and I are mere humans Jesus is not.

Our shed blood takes away no one's sins.

Jesus' blood takes away the sins of the world.

Jesus said that to those who would lay the foundation. Jesus sent his Apostles, as God sent Jesus.

It does not make you God like Jesus.

Again, God allowed miraculous things to happen during the laying of the foundation.

You know that you are not doing those things.

If we humble ourselves and obey Jesus we will be saved.

Again, God testified to the message being proclaimed by the Apostles. God testified to what they said to be true. God testified to it by allowing them to do miraculous things.

We do not do those miraculous things, because the message has already been given, and the foundation has already been laid.

Hebrews 2:4 God also testified to it by signs, wonders and various miracles, and by gifts of the Holy Spirit distributed according to his will.

God is invisible. Jesus is God made visible.

Jesus Christ is the image of God, not God himself.

Do you know what an image is?

God is invisible, I gave you three verses that say so.

Do you realize how you contradict scripture with your statement?

Read and believe what scripture says, not what tradition says.

oatmeal

Jesus is God the Father come in the flesh as a Man.

Who came in the flesh?

a. God

b. Jesus Christ

c. God the Father

I John 4:1-3

Evidently, you have not read who came in flesh which puts you in a very awkward position with God's truth.

God's Truth

Who came in the flesh?

a. God

b. Jesus Christ

c. God the Father

I John 4:1-3

Evidently, you have not read who came in flesh which puts you in a very awkward position with God's truth.

God the Father is the only Father, and He came in the flesh.

God's Truth

Jesus Christ is the image of God, not God himself.

Do you know what an image is?
Jesus is God made visible...and the flesh counts for NOTHING.

God is invisible, I gave you three verses that say so.

Do you realize how you contradict scripture with your statement?

Read and believe what scripture says, not what tradition says.

You will have to struggle with Jesus saying the flesh counts for nothing.

Maybe after you are done struggling, you will come to know that Jesus is God the Father come in the flesh.

oatmeal

Jesus is God made visible...and the flesh counts for NOTHING.

You will have to struggle with Jesus saying the flesh counts for nothing.

Maybe after you are done struggling, you will come to know that Jesus is God the Father come in the flesh.

Indeed, Jesus' life by doing the will of the Father always showed the heart of God but God is invisible, Jesus, being flesh and blood is not invisible. God is invisible, Jesus was seen by thousands, this difference alone proves beyond any doubt, that God and Jesus are not identical.

John 6:63

It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

So Jesus dying, his flesh dying
counts for NOTHING.
?

What was Jesus referring to in your passage?

Was he saying that his flesh, his body and soul, dying was useless?

or that the carnal knowledge obtained by the flesh, the five senses was worthless?

That we need to align our lives and thinking with spiritual knowledge and wisdom that come from God's word?

oatmeal

I already explained it. God came as a Man. A Man is not as great as God. God really came as a Man.

The son of God, not God, came in the flesh.

The word became flesh. John 1:14

And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.

Jesus had glory, not the same glory as the Father, but the glory as of the only begotten of the Father.

Jesus was begotten, he had a start, a beginning, where as his Father is eternal.