The begining of sorrows

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Mat 24:4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.
Mat 24:5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.
Mat 24:6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.
Mat 24:7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.
Mat 24:8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.

Then--

Mat 24:9 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.
Mat 24:10 And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.
Mat 24:11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.
Mat 24:12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

This is also described in--

Rev 6:8 And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.
Rev 6:9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:
Rev 6:10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?
Rev 6:11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

as under--

Rev 8:10 And the third angel sounded, and there fell a great star from heaven, burning as it were a lamp, and it fell upon the third part of the rivers, and upon the fountains of waters;
Rev 8:11 And the name of the star is called Wormwood: and the third part of the waters became wormwood; and many men died of the waters, because they were made bitter.
Rev 8:12 And the fourth angel sounded, and the third part of the sun was smitten, and the third part of the moon, and the third part of the stars; so as the third part of them was darkened, and the day shone not for a third part of it, and the night likewise.

Rev 9:1 And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit.
Rev 9:2 And he opened the bottomless pit; and there arose a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit.
Rev 9:3 And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth: and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power.
Rev 9:4 And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads.
Rev 9:5 And to them it was given that they should not kill them, but that they should be tormented five months: and their torment was as the torment of a scorpion, when he striketh a man.
Rev 9:6 And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them.
Rev 9:7 And the shapes of the locusts were like unto horses prepared unto battle; and on their heads were as it were crowns like gold, and their faces were as the faces of men.
Rev 9:8 And they had hair as the hair of women, and their teeth were as the teeth of lions.
Rev 9:9 And they had breastplates, as it were breastplates of iron; and the sound of their wings was as the sound of chariots of many horses running to battle.
Rev 9:10 And they had tails like unto scorpions, and there were stings in their tails: and their power was to hurt men five months.
Rev 9:11 And they had a king over them, which is the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath his name Apollyon.

LA

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I agree. I hold onto this point" See that you are not troubled;

[Mat 24:6
6 "And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars.

See that you are not troubled;

for all [these things] must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I agree. I hold onto this point" See that you are not troubled;

[Mat 24:6
6 "And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars.

See that you are not troubled;

for all [these things] must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

The end is much trouble---

Psa 18:2 The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.
Psa 18:3 I will call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies.
Psa 18:4 The sorrows of death compassed me, and the floods of ungodly men made me afraid.
Psa 18:5 The sorrows of hell compassed me about: the snares of death prevented me.
Psa 18:6 In my distress I called upon the LORD, and cried unto my God: he heard my voice out of his temple, and my cry came before him, even into his ears.
Psa 18:7 Then the earth shook and trembled; the foundations also of the hills moved and were shaken, because he was wroth.
Psa 18:8 There went up a smoke out of his nostrils, and fire out of his mouth devoured: coals were kindled by it.
Psa 18:9 He bowed the heavens also, and came down: and darkness was under his feet.

Psa 18:10 And he rode upon a cherub, and did fly: yea, he did fly upon the wings of the wind.
Psa 18:11 He made darkness his secret place; his pavilion round about him were dark waters and thick clouds of the skies.
Psa 18:12 At the brightness that was before him his thick clouds passed, hail stones and coals of fire.
Psa 18:13 The LORD also thundered in the heavens, and the Highest gave his voice; hail stones and coals of fire.
Psa 18:14 Yea, he sent out his arrows, and scattered them; and he shot out lightnings, and discomfited them.
Psa 18:15 Then the channels of waters were seen, and the foundations of the world were discovered at thy rebuke, O LORD, at the blast of the breath of thy nostrils.
Psa 18:16 He sent from above, he took me, he drew me out of many waters.
Psa 18:17 He delivered me from my strong enemy, and from them which hated me: for they were too strong for me.
Psa 18:18 They prevented me in the day of my calamity: but the LORD was my stay.
Psa 18:19 He brought me forth also into a large place; he delivered me, because he delighted in me.
Psa 18:20 The LORD rewarded me according to my righteousness; according to the cleanness of my hands hath he recompensed me.
Psa 18:21 For I have kept the ways of the LORD, and have not wickedly departed from my God.
Psa 18:22 For all his judgments were before me, and I did not put away his statutes from me.
Psa 18:23 I was also upright before him, and I kept myself from mine iniquity.
Psa 18:24 Therefore hath the LORD recompensed me according to my righteousness, according to the cleanness of my hands in his eyesight.
Psa 18:25 With the merciful thou wilt shew thyself merciful; with an upright man thou wilt shew thyself upright;
Psa 18:26 With the pure thou wilt shew thyself pure; and with the froward thou wilt shew thyself froward.
Psa 18:27 For thou wilt save the afflicted people; but wilt bring down high looks.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Most disturbing is--

Mat 24:9 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.
Mat 24:10 And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
So who here will honor the name of Jesus in opposition to this present evil world even to the point of death if need be??

LA

iamaberean

Mat 24:4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you. ('YOU' are the disciples, They should heed)
Mat 24:5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.
Mat 24:6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.
('YE' are the disciples, THEY would hear)
Mat 24:7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

Then--

All of the above happened to the disciples
Mat 24:15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)
'YE' are the disciples, they would see the destruction coming. That happened in their generation, 70 AD.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Mat 24:15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)
'YE' are the disciples, they would see the destruction coming. That happened in their generation, 70 AD.

No.

God knew about the times to come, and in particular the one that we are now in.

He has not left us without His word which guides us in times of darkness when most men walk blind.

These verses---

Mat 24:4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.

speak of the same time as these verses--

Rev 6:1 And I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals, and I heard, as it were the noise of thunder, one of the four beasts saying, Come and see.
Rev 6:2 And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.
Rev 6:3 And when he had opened the second seal, I heard the second beast say, Come and see.
Rev 6:4 And there went out another horse that was red: and power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: and there was given unto him a great sword.
Rev 6:5 And when he had opened the third seal, I heard the third beast say, Come and see. And I beheld, and lo a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand.
Rev 6:6 And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine.
Rev 6:7 And when he had opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth beast say, Come and see.
Rev 6:8 And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.
Rev 6:9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:

LA

Rondonmonson

Then--

This is also described in--

Rev 6:10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?
Rev 6:11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

LA

Matthew 24 up until the 15th verse has nothing to do with things that happen during the Tribulation period. So if you think Matthew 24:9-12 is the "Sorrows" somehow suggesting that it is the Tribulation you couldn't be more wrong. For starters "Sorrows" mean "Birth Pangs" not a BIRTH.

Matthew 24:1-6 is about the Destruction of the Temple and Jerusalem.

Matthew 24:7-13-14 is about the period after 70 AD until this very day and will will be that until the Rapture comes and the Tribulation starts, that happens just like Jesus said, AFTER the Gospel has been preached unto all the world.

Matthew 24:15-27 is the period, just like Jesus said in verse 21-22, the Abomination happens in verse 16 and Israel flees in verse 17. These False Prophet and Anti-Christ on verse 24 is the REAL ONES, they preform miracles and wonders. Whereas the false christs on verse 5 are just the Jews putting forth a "MESSIAH" just before Rome sacked Jerusalem, they thought Rome was the Fourth Beast (Correctly so) and thus felt the Little Horn was soon to come, not realizing he comes 2000 some odd years later. This "false christs" is the same as Jesus saying this below:

John 5:43 I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive. (They fulfilled this just before 70 AD, just as Jesus prophesied.)

The False prophets in verse 11 is all the false teachers and preachers since 70 AD, whoever the be, Rabbis, Preachers, Liars etc. etc. THINK (Jim Jones and Alan Koresh etc. types)

So what makes you think that Revelation chapter 6 matches Matthew 24:8-12?

They will deliver you up to be killed is unto the Disciples, everyone besides John was killed for Jesus names sake. Notice the false prophet and false christs of verses 5 ad 11 only DECEIVE, whereas the False Prophet and Anti-Christ of Matthew 24:24 both work WONDERS and MIRACLES !!

Three sets spoken about = three time-frames.

Verse 5. False christs = False Messiahs the Jewish leaders put forth just before 70 AD.
Verse 11. False prophets = Lying preachers and teachers since 70 AD until now.
Verse 24. THE FALSE PROPHET and ANTI-CHRIST = The Tribulation period pair.

So can you explain your understanding, reasoning, thought process brother?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
quite self explanatory--

Mat 24:3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?