ECT The Bema

musterion

Is there any indication that the Judgment Seat of Christ must take place in a format like the Great White Throne...where en masse all are rewarded one at a time...or might believers stand before the Lord to be rewarded (or not) as each goes to be with Him?

Cross Reference

Is there any indication that the Judgment Seat of Christ must take place in a format like the Great White Throne...where en masse all are rewarded one at a time...or might believers stand before the Lord to be rewarded (or not) as each goes to be with Him?

You mean "if" each goes to be with Him, doncha?

SaulToPaul 2

I believe it will be shortly after the Rapture, all at once, "time" not being an issue. But I could be wrong.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The Bema Seat is not the Great White Throne.

This is just my take on the Bema Seat - only for those saved during the age of grace ............
It will be instantaneous upon your death or rapture (whichever comes first).
Not a mass gathering and judging, but on an individual basis.

I believe it will be the time when God will reveal everything you did right, and everything you did wrong. (The gold and silver will remain, but the hay and stubble will be burned).
And this will prepare you as a judge of others.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Rewarded?
"a reward" as in:

1 Corinthians 3:10 According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.

1 Corinthians 3:11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

1 Corinthians 3:12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;

1 Corinthians 3:13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

1 Corinthians 3:14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.

1 Corinthians 3:15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

musterion

Right, which is why I said "in a format like" the GWT. Everyone, all at once, which the GWT definitely is.

This is just my take on the Bema Seat - only for those saved during the age of grace ............
That is exactly the thought that never occurred to me until today...my conception has been the standard one, all members of the Body rewarded at one event. But who knows, Paul didn't really say either way.

I believe it will be the time when God will reveal everything you did right, and everything you did wrong. (The gold and silver will remain, but the hay and stubble will be burned).
Apart from sins, which are forever put away (and I'm not even sure that's what you meant), I agree with that.

Doom

"a reward" as in:

1 Corinthians 3:10 According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.

1 Corinthians 3:11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

1 Corinthians 3:12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;

1 Corinthians 3:13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

1 Corinthians 3:14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.

1 Corinthians 3:15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.
Yikes. I would be going a different direction with that.

musterion

Originally Posted by Doom
Rewarded?
"a reward" as in:

Yep.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Right, which is why I said "in a format like" the GWT. Everyone, all at once, which the GWT definitely is.
:up:
I knew what you meant, but didn't want it to get confusing to others.

That is exactly the thought that never occurred to me until today...my conception has been the standard one, all members of the Body rewarded at one event. But who knows, Paul didn't really say either way.
Yeah. There just ain't no date set on when it happens.
So it could be either individually or a group setting.
I lean toward the individual, but am not dogmatic about it.

Apart from sins, which are forever put away (and I'm not even sure that's what you meant), I agree with that.
Right.
Sin is already dealt with, so there will be no judgement of sin.

My personal opinion is that your deeds will be shown which were good and which were bad.
And this will prepare you to be a judge of other's deeds.
Sorta ties in with the theme when we're are told that those with little will be over little, and those with much will be over much.
In other words, I don't believe I will be a judge over anyone that doesn't fall into my category.

musterion

:up:
I knew what you meant, but didn't want it to get confusing to others.

Ah. :eek:

Yeah. There just ain't no date set on when it happens.
So it could be either individually or a group setting.
I lean toward the individual, but am not dogmatic about it.

Sin is already dealt with, so there will be no judgement of sin.

My personal opinion is that your deeds will be shown which were good and which were bad.
And this will prepare you to be a judge of other's deeds.
Sorta ties in with the theme when we're are told that those with little will be over little, and those with much will be over much.
In other words, I don't believe I will be a judge over anyone that doesn't fall into my category.

Well said.

Doom

I just have no idea what you meant and was curious. You don't have to say.
I'm sorry, I was just surprised. Didn't know my view was so different than everyone else.

I don't believe in rewards, other than the promised inheritance of all in Christ. I believe the verse in question is speaking of the reward of what remains, as opposed to what is burned up.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
I always pictured the Bema as taking place at the rapture, but for it to happen individually at the point of each one's passing would certainly seem a possibility. Actually, it appears to be a very logical possibility.

Hey, this thread has actually had some good discussion.....mostly.