The Bible is the word of God, all 66 books

Dan Emanuel

Considering that the ONLY thing that is authoritative is the Holy Spirit, I get a kick out of your hair splitting...
Indeed, and what has He actually authoritatively said is authoritative?
...Rome has no authority, my pastor has no authority... no one has authority...
What is a Church "bishop"/"overseer"/"elder" then, if the position has no teaching authority?
...Sorry if that pops your balloon...
:)
...As far as the apocryphal books not being authoritative... just check with your church.
The papacy declare's that they're are 73 book's in the Churches' biblical canon, each being authoritative.

Daniel

Dan Emanuel

Protestants did not translate the KJV... (i know I am nit picking) but its an Anglican Bible.. Anglicans had no part in the reformation and are the result of the decision of a single King.

They are no more protestant than the eastern orthodox churches.
The English church's split with the papacy in a more organized manner than did the earlier European protestant's, but they still protested as they split. And Henry was heavily influenced by protestant thought when he made his choice.

Daniel

Dan Emanuel

What do you mean a lack of Bishops? That Bishops weren't involved in creating the cannon?
Bishop's certainly were involved in that (the 73-book canon), but they were nowhere involved in the protestant/reformer decision to snip the seven book's of the Greek Old Testament from the Church Bible.

Daniel

Daniel1611

Bishop's certainly were involved in that (the 73-book canon), but they were nowhere involved in the protestant/reformer decision to snip the seven book's of the Greek Old Testament from the Church Bible.

Daniel

It was deffinitey pastors who decided not to preach from the apocrypha as if they were inspired. Many Translators were preachers, even if they didn't all pastor churches. Some if them probably did. We don't have full biographies for all if them to know for sure. But the pastors preached from what was considered scripture.

Dan Emanuel

It was deffinitey pastors who decided not to preach from the apocrypha as if they were inspired. Many Translators were preachers, even if they didn't all pastor churches. Some if them probably did. We don't have full biographies for all if them to know for sure. But the pastors preached from what was considered scripture.
I said "bishop's" and not unqualified "pastor's" for a reason. Scripturally the "bishop's"/"overseer's"/"edler's" were at the top of the Church teaching/pastoring hierarchy, and no Church bishop's were involved in trimming the Bible from 73 down to 66 book's.

Daniel

Daniel1611

I said "bishop's" and not unqualified pastor's for a reason. Scripturally the "bishop's"/"overseer's"/"edler's" were at the top of the Church teaching/pastoring hierarchy, and no Church bishop's were involved in trimming the Bible from 73 down to 66 book's.

Daniel

A bishop is a pastor. Someone that pastors a church is a bishop. These Bishops not preaching from the apocrypha as divinely inspired was their part in them being removed.

HisServant

The English church's split with the papacy in a more organized manner than did the earlier European protestant's, but they still protested as they split. And Henry was heavily influenced by protestant thought when he made his choice.

Daniel

The ONLY reason they split was the Pope would not give Henry another annulment or divorce so he could marry another.

HisServant

A bishop is a pastor. Someone that pastors a church is a bishop. These Bishops not preaching from the apocrypha as divinely inspired was their part in them being removed.

The word bishop is a translation error. King James required the KJV to not change it to a more accurate word which would be elder.

He did this to support the existing hierarchy of his church. This was even indicated in the original preface to the 1611 AV. The AV had to conform to the existing doctrines of the Anglican church and he to support its existing hierarchy by not correcting ecclesiastic words from the older translations (Geneva, Great and Bishops's Bibles) that the AV was merely a revision of.

Daniel1611

The word bishop is a translation error. King James required the KJV to not change it to a more accurate word which would be elder.

He did this to support the existing hierarchy of his church.

Thank you for correcting the brilliant men that translated the Bible. I'm sure your Greek is much better.

Regardless, pastor, bishop, elder are all basically the same. The Bible uses them interchangeably

HisServant

Thank you for correcting the brilliant men that translated the Bible. I'm sure your Greek is much better.

Regardless, pastor, bishop, elder are all basically the same. The Bible uses them interchangeably

It's more the other way.. the translators rendered the same greek/hebrew word into different english words based on their doctrinal leanings.

As far as saying the KJV translators were brilliant men... you should do some research on that... many were alcoholics and were hamstrung by the 14 restrictions the King and Archbishop of Canterbury placed on them.

Anyhow, they really weren't a translation team at all... the AV represented no new work, it was just a refresh of the hard work done by the previous translators of the bibles (Great, Geneva and Bishops Bibles) they were basically only reviewing for King James.

Daniel1611

It's more the other way.. the translators rendered the same greek/hebrew word into different english words based on their requirements.

As far as saying the KJV translators were brilliant men... you should do some research on that... many were alcoholics and were hamstrung by the 14 restrictions the King and Archbishop of Canterbury placed on them.

Most of them were fluent in multiple languages, some up to 14 languages including some dead languages. You're assertions are more propaganda that I'm used to hearing from the unsaved.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The Bible is the word of God. This first involves the TaNaKh meaning the Hebrew Bible. These writings are the holy scriptures or sacred writings.

Last edited:

HisServant

Most of them were fluent in multiple languages, some up to 14 languages including some dead languages. You're assertions are more propaganda that I'm used to hearing from the unsaved.

So, that has no influence on the kind of work they did. They were hamstrung by the King and did not do any new work... that is a fact.

Would you like me to post the preamble of the AV 1611 to show you just what they had to do and that in the end it was more of an exercise in conformity then an actual translation?

The individual books of the bible in their original languages as enlightened by the Holy Spirit are the word of God.

john w

Hall of Fame
The individual books of the bible in their original languages....

No scripture says that-you winged that "original languages" jazz, as you just read it on another site.

as enlightened by the Holy Spirit are the word of God.

=subjectivity

I asert that God is Sponge Bob, as that is what the Holy Spirit told me-I was "enlighted."

And you can say NADA, to disprove otherwise, based upon your subjectivity "argument:"

"the ONLY thing that is authoritative is the Holy Spirit.... as enlightened by the Holy Spirit "-you

Daniel1611

So, that has no influence on the kind of work they did. They were hamstrung by the King and did not do any new work... that is a fact.

Would you like me to post the preamble of the AV 1611 to show you just what they had to do and that in the end it was more of an exercise in conformity then an actual translation?

The individual books of the bible in their original languages as enlightened by the Holy Spirit are the word of God.

I've read the introduction. The KJV is the word of God in English. Are you fluent in Hebrew and Greek to read the Bible?

HisServant

I've read the introduction. The KJV is the word of God in English. Are you fluent in Hebrew and Greek to read the Bible?

Actually yes, when i need to. I use my interlinear bible for all my bible studying.

There is a lot of the language constructs that really have no equivanent in english.... so a lot is lost in any english translation.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
So God has not preserved his word for all people?

Gods Word is contained in the words of the Bible some seven times over and more.

Men construct their doctrines from a verse here and a verse there, but God does not teach that way.

The whole Bible is harmonious of the truth, when you find it.

Eph 4:11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
Eph 4:12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
Eph 4:13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:
Eph 4:14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;
Eph 4:15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:
Eph 4:16 From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.
Eph 4:17 This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind,
Eph 4:18 Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart:

LA