The Bible is the word of God, all 66 books

Caino

BANNED
Banned
The current Bible book list excludes the lost secular history of the Jews. It is the written Word containing many flaws and redactions as should be expected. Nothing touched by man should ever be considered divine.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Gods Word is contained in the words of the Bible some seven times over and more.

Men construct their doctrines from a verse here and a verse there, but God does not teach that way.

The whole Bible is harmonious of the truth, when you find it.

Eph 4:11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
Eph 4:12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
Eph 4:13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:
Eph 4:14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;
Eph 4:15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:
Eph 4:16 From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.
Eph 4:17 This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind,
Eph 4:18 Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart:

LA
Who was 1 Peter written to?

1 Peter 2:12 NASB - 12 Keep your behavior excellent among the Gentiles, so that in the thing in which they slander you as evildoers, they may because of your good deeds, as they observe them, glorify God in the day of visitation.
Is it that "among the Gentiles" or "the Gentiles" means that which is a people or the people or nations outside of the land of Israel? Is it specific to those who were not believers or is it general to those who are outside Israel at the time Peter wrote this? I'm not convinced Peter was writing to Gentiles. I believe the people Peter was writing to were either Jewish believers or believers in Jesus as the Messiah, a part of Jesus' church. I recognize Peter's ministry as different from that of Paul, but I believe they both served the Lord and His church in the capacity with which God equipped and empowered them. From Peter being a disciple and ministering as an apostle, to Paul being converted from an unbeliever who persecuted the church to an apostle of the Lord Jesus Christ who was able to turn to the Gentiles and minister in foreign lands.

Ephesians 4:17 NASB - 17 So this I say, and affirm together with the Lord, that you walk no longer just as the Gentiles also walk, in the futility of their mind,

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The Bible is the word of God. This first involves the TaNaKh meaning the Hebrew Bible. These writings are the holy scriptures or sacred writings.
edit- sacred writings (it did read sacred scriptures).
Can you follow that the holy scriptures or sacred writings that Paul writes of are the TaNaKh rather than the Old Testament writings, though the content is the same?

Romans 1:2 NASB - 2 which He promised beforehand through His prophets in the holy Scriptures,

2 Timothy 3:15 NASB - 15 and that from childhood you have known the sacred writings which are able to give you the wisdom that leads to salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
It seems we need to recognize that the Bible contains "the words of God" since it was inspired by so many human authors.

God should perhaps be seen as inspiring these different theological frameworks as well as inspiring the very different translations we have for the same biblical passages.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
It seems we need to recognize that the Bible contains "the words of God" since it was inspired by so many human authors.

God should perhaps be seen as inspiring these different theological frameworks as well as inspiring the very different translations we have for the same biblical passages.
The scriptures actually say they are inspired by God, not man.

2 Timothy 3:16-17 NASB.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Most of them were fluent in multiple languages, some up to 14 languages including some dead languages. You're assertions are more propaganda that I'm used to hearing from the unsaved.
How did you get the idea I am "unsaved"?

That sounds like a judgement. Did you mean it that way?

It's an interesting idea that other people claim they can mind-read, guess one's motives, label them or otherwise condemn them.

I think it must come from one's early family dynamics, as most functional folks don't grow up that way.

Anyway, I have not yet found any written evidence that backs up your claim of multi-lingual gospel biblical authors. Would you be willing to direct me where I could read about this as well?

Daniel1611

How did you get the idea I am "unsaved"?

That sounds like a judgement. Did you mean it that way?

It's an interesting idea that other people claim they can mind-read, guess one's motives, label them or otherwise condemn them.

I think it must come from one's early family dynamics, as most functional folks don't grow up that way.

Anyway, I have not yet found any written evidence that backs up your claim of multi-lingual gospel biblical authors. Would you be willing to direct me where I could read about this as well?

If I recall, I've heard you question salvation by grace through faith alone in Christ. If you do reject grace by faith alone, biblically, you would be unsaved.

Further, in that post i didnt say anything about the authors' knowledge of language. I was referring to that of the KJV Translators. You can read about them in Translators Revived by Alexander McClure, which you can read here https://archive.org/details/translatorsreviv00mccl

As for the actual authors of the texts, we can safely assume they were multilingual because they were Jews who almost certainly knew Hebrew and the local Aramaic, and they wrote the texts in Greek. Not to mention, they use some Hebrew and Aramaic within their Greek texts. Most and probably all of the NT authors spoke at least three languages: Hebrew, Aramaic and Greek.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
If I recall, I've heard you question salvation by grace through faith alone in Christ. If you do reject grace by faith alone, biblically, you would be unsaved.

Further, in that post i didnt say anything about the authors' knowledge of language. I was referring to that of the KJV Translators. You can read about them in Translators Revived by Alexander McClure, which you can read here https://archive.org/details/translatorsreviv00mccl

As for the actual authors of the texts, we can safely assume they were multilingual because they were Jews who almost certainly knew Hebrew and the local Aramaic, and they wrote the texts in Greek. Not to mention, they use some Hebrew and Aramaic within their Greek texts. Most and probably all of the NT authors spoke at least three languages: Hebrew, Aramaic and Greek.
Are you referring to salvation from blood sacrifice? I certainly accept it as theology, but I don't see Jesus (or John the Baptizer) requiring a God of justice who demands blood spilled on the altar for repentance.

If Jesus' own death was required for expropriation of sin, then this notion is contradicted by the fact that he saved many from their sins long before his final journey to Jerusalem.

What do you mean by grace?

I am saved by grace, but if you are talking about a set of requirements for the idea, then you are talking about something but you are certainly not talking about grace.

All the history concerned with languages spoken in the first century says that most folks were illiterate. The only traces of other languages in the gospels are a few short sections that translate some of Jesus' words into Aramaic. Much of Paul's theology is Greco-Roman as is Luke's.

I myself have never seen or read any hard evidence that the gospel writers were definitively multi-lingual.

Daniel1611

Are you referring to salvation from blood sacrifice? I certainly accept it as theology, but I don't see Jesus (or John the Baptizer) requiring a God of justice who demands blood spilled on the altar for repentance.

If Jesus' own death was required for expropriation of sin, then this notion is contradicted by the fact that he saved many from their sins long before his final journey to Jerusalem.

What do you mean by grace?

I am saved by grace, but if you are talking about a set of requirements for the idea, then you are talking about something but you are certainly not talking about grace.

All the history concerned with languages spoken in the first century says that most folks were illiterate. The only traces of other languages in the gospels are a few short sections that translate some of Jesus' words into Aramaic. Much of Paul's theology is Greco-Roman as is Luke's.

I myself have never seen or read any hard evidence that the gospel writers were definitively multi-lingual.

Your rejection of Christ's blood sacrifice us why I consider you unsaved. You reject the most fundamental doctrine of Christianity.

Further, whatever your assertions about the illiterate are, they don't apply to the NT authors. They were obviously not illiterate. I'm not sure what to make if that nonsense. We're talking about writers and you bring up the illiterate.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
The scriptures actually say they are inspired by God, not man.

2 Timothy 3:16-17 NASB.

2 Timothy wasn't scripture when the author wrote that.....and he or some think she, was talking about the Old Testament. Followers of Paul made his words Gods words long after he died.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Your rejection of Christ's blood sacrifice us why I consider you unsaved. You reject the most fundamental doctrine of Christianity.

Further, whatever your assertions about the illiterate are, they don't apply to the NT authors. They were obviously not illiterate. I'm not sure what to make if that nonsense. We're talking about writers and you bring up the illiterate.

But Jesus wasn't the founder of Christianity, so anything fundamental to that religion is irrelevant to salvation that can be found in the original, pre-cross gospel.

Daniel1611

But Jesus wasn't the founder of Christianity, so anything fundamental to that religion is irrelevant to salvation that can be found in the original, pre-cross gospel.

How do you know? Because ET told you? The Bible is an accurate historical record. I love how new agers fake a few quotes from Jesus and say it's true, but not the rest. How do you know any of it is true then? I usually try not to engage new agers because i used to hang out with a lot of them and I know they're new age garbage, taking bits and pieces from every religion.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
How do you know? Because ET told you? The Bible is an accurate historical record. I love how new agers fake a few quotes from Jesus and say it's true, but not the rest. How do you know any of it is true then? I usually try not to engage new agers because i used to hang out with a lot of them and I know they're new age garbage, taking bits and pieces from every religion.

The Bible doesn't say Jesus started Christianity, his gospel was called "The Gospel of the Kingdom of Heaven". No "ET"s needed for that.

In the NT Jesus preached his original gospel to the Jews, that's not very complicated to see. But then after Paul's new message began to influence everyone's recollection of Jesus, the gospels were written.

Jesus was "new age", OT didn't like him either. That's what always happens with revelation.

Daniel1611

The Bible doesn't say Jesus started Christianity, his gospel was called "The Gospel of the Kingdom of Heaven". No "ET"s needed for that.

In the NT Jesus preached his original gospel to the Jews, that's not very complicated to see. But then after Paul's new message began to influence everyone's recollection of Jesus, the gospels were written.

Jesus was "new age", OT didn't like him either. That's what always happens with revelation.

Jesus also preached to gentiles. Like the romans and Samaritans.

Hawkins

The Bible is the word of God. All 66 books of the Bible are the word of God. The Bible is made up of 66 books. They are, and it is, the word of God. The Bible is the word of God.

Discuss.

The following link is to a thread that talks about these books and how they together are what we find in the Bible, spoken of variously. I provide it in case a reader has not received an introduction to the Bible or the books found therein.

The different ways of describing or referring to different parts of the Bible

In order to maintain the consistency of the Bible, God assigned an authority as a guardian to keep His Word intact from being purposefully distorted by humans. With such an authority in place, humans in general thus will not be able to add or remove contents from the Bible at will. To put it another way, once a Canon is defined, it will be very difficult for a human to add more contents to the Bible or to remove anything from it.

Moreover, since such a human authority may go corrupted or is no longer capable of acting as a representative of God, God shifts the role of such an authority from one group of humans to another.

The OT is very well preserved by the Jews, naturally the Jews are the ones responsible for the canonization of the OT. This is mostly done before Jesus time. The Pharisees are such a guardian of the OT at Jesus time. However the Jews can no longer carry on the guardian role as they are corrupted and failed to believe in Jesus. In this case, the role shifted to the Catholics. The Catholics are thus assigned the role of canonizing the NT.

On the other hand, God foreknows there will be yet another role shift. That's why He allows the Catholics to adopt the Septuagint version of the OT instead of the already canonized Hebrew version of the OT. When the Catholics go corrupted, the role again shifts to the Protestants. God thus authenticates the Protestants to re-adopt the Hebrew OT which is formally canonized by the Jews.

That's how God authenticates His earthly Church.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Jesus also preached to gentiles. Like the romans and Samaritans.

Of coarse he did, but his first priority was the Jewish people who had remained faithful in anticipation of the answer to Gods promise, he preached the original gospel, he desired that his apostles and disciples remain true to his original gospel, go into all the world proclaiming the original good news. But things got a little side tracked as surely he knew they would, it's only natural, happened to the Israelites constantly.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
2 Timothy wasn't scripture when the author wrote that.....and he or some think she, was talking about the Old Testament. Followers of Paul made his words Gods words long after he died.
Are you familiar with this?

2 Peter 3:14-16 NASB - 14 Therefore, beloved, since you look for these things, be diligent to be found by Him in peace, spotless and blameless, 15 and regard the patience of our Lord as salvation; just as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given him, wrote to you, 16 as also in all his letters, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which the untaught and unstable distort, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures, to their own destruction.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
In order to maintain the consistency of the Bible, God assigned an authority as a guardian to keep His Word intact from being purposefully distorted by humans. With such an authority in place, humans in general thus will not be able to add or remove contents from the Bible at will. To put it another way, once a Canon is defined, it will be very difficult for a human to add more contents to the Bible or to remove anything from it.

Moreover, since such a human authority may go corrupted or is no longer capable of acting as a representative of God, God shifts the role of such an authority from one group of humans to another.

The OT is very well preserved by the Jews, naturally the Jews are the ones responsible for the canonization of the OT. This is mostly done before Jesus time. The Pharisees are such a guardian of the OT at Jesus time. However the Jews can no longer carry on the guardian role as they are corrupted and failed to believe in Jesus. In this case, the role shifted to the Catholics. The Catholics are thus assigned the role of canonizing the NT.

On the other hand, God foreknows there will be yet another role shift. That's why He allows the Catholics to adopt the Septuagint version of the OT instead of the already canonized Hebrew version of the OT. When the Catholics go corrupted, the role again shifts to the Protestants. God thus authenticates the Protestants to re-adopt the Hebrew OT which is formally canonized by the Jews.

That's how God authenticates His earthly Church.
I don't know that you are right in how you see this.

Do you know about the Hebrew Bible, the TaNaKh?