• This is a new section being rolled out to attract people interested in exploring the origins of the universe and the earth from a biblical perspective. Debate is encouraged and opposing viewpoints are welcome to post but certain rules must be followed. 1. No abusive tagging - if abusive tags are found - they will be deleted and disabled by the Admin team 2. No calling the biblical accounts a fable - fairy tale ect. This is a Christian site, so members that participate here must be respectful in their disagreement.

The biggest evidence of the Flood? The world ocean.

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
To take the Bible at its word, we have to believe that before the Flood, the earth had the same total quantity of water that it has today but that most of it was underground.

We have something like this underground now, petroleum. Crude. Sometimes the crude is under pressure and all you have to do is, like Jed Clampett, shoot a hole in the ground and out it will come pouring, like a spring.

But there is way more water on the earth than oil. Before the flood most of it was underground. That is to say, if we had back then a satellite image like our "Blue Marble", it wouldn't be blue. Green probably, but not blue.

When the Flood happened all the underground water spewed out, geologically speaking "all at once".

"Pangea" 'broke up', and the only thing that I question about the biblical account of the Flood, is that Noah and his family were the only survivors. I think that perhaps some people in Africa and in the Americas also survived it, and they continued to live on their continents as they drifted to their current places, during the Flood.

Does Mr. Brown, as a PhD mechanical engineer, model "nuclear winter" to show that it's not possible for a meteor impact to cause "an extinction event"?

Bradley D

I remember finding clam shells in a hill in Michigan. I see that as evidence of a time when water covered the earth.

Right Divider

Body part
To take the Bible at its word, we have to believe that before the Flood, the earth had the same total quantity of water that it has today but that most of it was underground.

We have something like this underground now, petroleum. Crude. Sometimes the crude is under pressure and all you have to do is, like Jed Clampett, shoot a hole in the ground and out it will come pouring, like a spring.

But there is way more water on the earth than oil. Before the flood most of it was underground. That is to say, if we had back then a satellite image like our "Blue Marble", it wouldn't be blue. Green probably, but not blue.

When the Flood happened all the underground water spewed out, geologically speaking "all at once".

"Pangea" 'broke up', and the only thing that I question about the biblical account of the Flood, is that Noah and his family were the only survivors. I think that perhaps some people in Africa and in the Americas also survived it, and they continued to live on their continents as they drifted to their current places, during the Flood.

Does Mr. Brown, as a PhD mechanical engineer, model "nuclear winter" to show that it's not possible for a meteor impact to cause "an extinction event"?
  • The water under the crust was about equal in volume to the water above the crust.
  • The Bible says that only 8 people survived. Why would you think that it's wrong?
Gen 7:18-24 (AKJV/PCE)
(7:18) And the waters prevailed, and were increased greatly upon the earth; and the ark went upon the face of the waters. (7:19) And the waters prevailed exceedingly upon the earth; and all the high hills, that [were] under the whole heaven, were covered. (7:20) Fifteen cubits upward did the waters prevail; and the mountains were covered. (7:21) And all flesh died that moved upon the earth, both of fowl, and of cattle, and of beast, and of every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth, and every man: (7:22) All in whose nostrils [was] the breath of life, of all that [was] in the dry [land], died. (7:23) And every living substance was destroyed which was upon the face of the ground, both man, and cattle, and the creeping things, and the fowl of the heaven; and they were destroyed from the earth: and Noah only remained [alive], and they that [were] with him in the ark. (7:24) And the waters prevailed upon the earth an hundred and fifty days.

Idolater

• The water under the crust was about equal in volume to the water above the crust.
  • The Bible says that only 8 people survived. Why would you think that it's wrong?
Because of the people who apparently have lived in Africa and in the Americas for over 6000 years.
Gen 7:18-24 (AKJV/PCE)
(7:18) And the waters prevailed, and were increased greatly upon the earth; and the ark went upon the face of the waters. (7:19) And the waters prevailed exceedingly upon the earth; and all the high hills, that [were] under the whole heaven, were covered. (7:20) Fifteen cubits upward did the waters prevail; and the mountains were covered. (7:21) And all flesh died that moved upon the earth, both of fowl, and of cattle, and of beast, and of every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth, and every man: (7:22) All in whose nostrils [was] the breath of life, of all that [was] in the dry [land], died. (7:23) And every living substance was destroyed which was upon the face of the ground, both man, and cattle, and the creeping things, and the fowl of the heaven; and they were destroyed from the earth: and Noah only remained [alive], and they that [were] with him in the ark. (7:24) And the waters prevailed upon the earth an hundred and fifty days.
Hey come on. I believe in a literal six day creation.

Idolater

There are sea shells everywhere on earth, including the highest mountains.
I see that as evidence that water once covered the entire planet.
I see the world ocean as evidence that water once covered the entire planet, because it currently still covers 80% of it even today.

Skeeter

Banned
I see the world ocean as evidence that water once covered the entire planet, because it currently still covers 80% of it even today.
I pains me to agree with divider here. It is not logical. All or none thinking helps no one. But, it is not technically a non sequitur.

Derf

I agree with your premise in general, but it isn't necessary that the water all came from below the crust or was present above the crust within the atmosphere.
Genesis 7:11 (KJV) In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, the same day were all the fountains of the great deep broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened.

"the windows of heaven" could include water sources from above the atmosphere.

Bradley D

Derf

Was all the Earth covered in water?

Image result for was the earth covered by water

New research suggests ancient Earth was a water world, with little to no land in sight. And that could have major implications for the origin and evolution of life. While modern Earth's surface is about 70 percent water-covered, the new research indicates that our planet was a true ocean world some 3 billion years ago.Mar 6, 2020

Ancient Earth may have been a "water world" with no dry land​

https://astronomy.com › news › 2020/03 › ancient-eart...
Genesis 1:2 (KJV) And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness [was] upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

Genesis 1:6 (KJV) And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.

Genesis 1:8 (KJV) And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.

So it was likely an ocean world for a day or so.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Genesis 1:2 (KJV) And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness [was] upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

Genesis 1:6 (KJV) And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.

Genesis 1:8 (KJV) And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.

So it was likely an ocean world for a day or so.

A little over a day.

Idolater

I agree with your premise in general, but it isn't necessary that the water all came from below the crust or was present above the crust within the atmosphere.
Genesis 7:11 (KJV) In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, the same day were all the fountains of the great deep broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened.

"the windows of heaven" could include water sources from above the atmosphere.
Yes.

Idolater

Was all the Earth covered in water?

New research suggests ancient Earth was a water world, with little to no land in sight. And that could have major implications for the origin and evolution of life. While modern Earth's surface is about 70 percent water-covered, the new research indicates that our planet was a true ocean world some 3 billion years ago.
Maybe far more recently than that, for like 150 days.

marke

Secular science has done a very poor job explaining how one alleged meteor impact destroyed all the dinosaurs on earth while having no impact on the proliferation of other species. That is because the hypothetical impact at Chixulub could never have wiped out dinosaurs on the other side of the globe, much less all dinosaurs on earth.

Dr. Brown highlighted the fact that while Mars has over 600,000 craters the earth has less than 200. Dr. Brown's book provides keen insights into the geological mysteries of the earth.