ECT THE CATHOLIC CHURCH & DOCTRINAL AUTHORITY: Three Sources

Aimiel

What little credibility you had on this forum just fell flat.
I'm sorry you feel that gives you reason to celebrate, but I made myself of no reputation by design. It makes it easier for me to bring you His Truth. I must decrease and He must increase.

But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
Categorically refuted here and here. Try again.
Your answer just isn't reaching to where the Truth is. The Truth inhabits my members. He imparts His Gifts as He wills in my life. He walks with me and talks with me. I wouldn't trade that for all the property the RCC owns.
The rest of your claims have already been answered in previous posts.
Your brief and ignorant answers have done nothing to refute the Truth that I have shared with you. It has only displayed the fact that you're completely brainwashed by your cult. If I wanted to know what the RCC has to say, I'd re-read the catechism. It's your beliefs and faith that I'm interested in sparking. Yours is dead, because you follow the dead. I would like to be able to wake up your dead bones. LIVE!!!

Cruciform

I'm sorry you feel that gives you reason to celebrate, but I made myself of no reputation by design. It makes it easier for me to bring you His Truth.
"Truth" = "the assumptions and opinions that Aimiel has derived from his chosen man-made non-Catholic sect"

Aimiel

"Truth" = "the assumptions and opinions that Aimiel has derived from his chosen man-made non-Catholic sect"
I don't assume. I study, meditate and listen to The Lord; and I don't follow men. I follow Christ. That makes one of us.

Cruciform

I don't assume. I study, meditate and listen to The Lord...
Hey, me too! :thumb:

...and I don't follow men. I follow Christ.
However, everything you claim to "know" you have learned from men who taught such information as "the truth." In short, both Catholics and non-Catholics follow their particular doctrinal traditions---and you are certainly no exception to that fact.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Tradition is one of my favorite apostolic doctrines of the Catholic Church...
"So then, brothers, stand firm and hold to the traditions that you were taught by us, either by our spoken word or by our letter" (2 Thess. 2:15).

Addressed here. Try again. ;)

If you had held firm to the apostle's tradition we would not have a quarrel with you....but you believe the bishop is to be obeyed as though he were Christ.

No apostle ever taught that.

Cruciform

If you had held firm to the apostle's tradition we would not have a quarrel with you....but you believe the bishop is to be obeyed as though he were Christ. No apostle ever taught that.
It is taught in the following texts, among others:
  • Matt. 16:18-19/Is. 22:15-22
  • Matt. 28:18-20
  • Lk. 10:16
  • Ac. 15:6
  • Ac. 16:4
  • 1 Tim. 3:15
  • 1 Jn. 4:6

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
It is taught in the following texts, among others:
  • Matt. 16:18-19/Is. 22:15-22
  • Matt. 28:18-20
  • Lk. 10:16
  • Ac. 15:6
  • Ac. 16:4
  • 1 Tim. 3:15
  • 1 Jn. 4:6

All of these scriptures can be used against the usurpers of Christ's church.

They would not hear Assisi, they would not hear Hus or Wycliffe.

....but they could not but hear Martin.

Cruciform

All of these scriptures can be used against the usurpers of Christ's Church.
...that is, the usurpers of Christ's one historic Catholic Church.

They would not hear Assisi, they would not hear Hus or Wycliffe...but they could not but hear Martin.
On the contrary. These very biblical texts (and many others) were used by the early Christian Church to support its belief and teaching that the bishops possess precisely the same doctrinal authority as the apostles themselves. Here you're forced to read the assumptions and opinions of your chosen recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sect into the text of the Bible---as do all of the Protestant (non-Catholic) sects that have sprung up like weeds over the past five centuries.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

revpete

Apostolic Tradition is itself the word of God (1 Thess. 2:13; 2 Thess. 2:15; 1 Cor. 11:2).

See this.

In such passages as 2 Thess. 2:15 and 1 Cor. 11:2, paradosis refers to Apostolic Tradition---teachings handed on orally by the apostles---and is actually commanded by St. Paul. Surely, Paul would not command believers to follow the Jewish Law Code...? No, rather this is binding Christian doctrine passed along by the apostles in unwritten form.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform

+T+

Right, Apostolic tradition is the Word of God! So, doesn't it follow that in those early days of the church when Christian doctrine was still being formulated, that the tradition the Apostles passed on would have been based on The Word of God?

What then, in your opinion was the source of the tradition if not God's Word?

As for your reference concerning the magisterium; all you have done is quote RC sources to substantiate RC teaching. If I bear record of myself my record is not true.

Pete 👤

HisServant

The original post makes me hum a version of the sesame street song (2 of these things are not like the other...)

The bible is a WITNESS to what Jesus did... the Pope and the Magesterium are just men sitting in a room dreaming up things because the Holy Spirit doesn't communicate with them...

Cruciform

Right, Apostolic tradition is the Word of God! So, doesn't it follow that in those early days of the church when Christian doctrine was still being formulated, that the tradition the Apostles passed on would have been based on The Word of God?
Tradition is often expressed implicitly in Scripture, sometimes explicitly, and is always in harmony with Scripture, and vice versa.

What then, in your opinion was the source of the tradition if not God's Word?
The source of both Scripture and Tradition (Divine Revelation) is Christ himself, who has delivered it through the authoritative teachings of his one historic Church (Magisterium).

As for your reference concerning the magisterium; all you have done is quote RC sources to substantiate RC teaching.
The source I cited is in fact simply a list of biblical texts and patristic quotations.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

republicanchick

Tradition is my favorite sin of the RCC...

But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

much king.[/I]

doctrines like this

accept Christ as personal savior (words found NOWHERE in Scipture)

or like this:

Once you have accepted Christ you cannot lose salvation no matter what heinous sin you commit (words found NOWHERE in Sciprutre)

etc... etc

__

oatmeal

My history, knowledge and scripture gives me more authority than all your authority.

My Daddy is bigger than your dad.