THE CHURCH IS NOT THE BRIDE OF CHRIST

Pipiripi

No I am not attending a church now. My church is in my room. I am a bit of a monk.
So,if we will walk in Jesus His footsteps, then we must imitate Him. And we all know that Jesus go to their synagogue as His COSTUME!! So don't forget that if we break one we have broke all!!

marke

2 Corinthians 11:2 For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.

Paul here is not saying the church, the body of Christ, is the bride of Christ. Paul is using espousal to illustrate the faithfulness and purity of the church unto Christ Jesus.

The relationship the church has with Christ is expressed by marriage. Christ is the head of the church just as the husband is head of the wife (Ephesians 5:23).

Paul is admonishing the church for following other apostles and another gospel (2 Corinthians 11:4).

The bride of Christ is a city as seen by Revelation 21:9-10.
Ephesians 5:32 suggests that the mystery between Christ and his wife, the church, remains a mystery to those who do not understand the Bible.

OZOS

The BODY OF Christ is NOT the "bride of Christ"

The Lord's BODY cannot also be His "bride".

If you do not understand figures of speech, you will always be confused by the Bible, as it uses TONS of them.
Those who claim that the Body of Christ and the Bride of Christ are the same, are also claiming that Jesus committed fornication before the wedding.

marke

Those who claim that the Body of Christ and the Bride of Christ are the same, are also claiming that Jesus committed fornication before the wedding.
If you recognize the fact that Christians are married to God right now and the church is Jesus' wife in the present, are you suggesting He will be getting a new bride later which is not the church?

OZOS

If you recognize the fact that Christians are married to God right now and the church is Jesus' wife in the present, are you suggesting He will be getting a new bride later which is not the church?
No, but you are.

OZOS

No. I believe the church and the bride of Christ are one and the same.
They are not, so you are wrong, again.

The Body of Christ (The Church) joins with the Bride of Christ at the wedding feast of the Lamb.

"Let’s rejoice and be glad and give the glory to Him, because the marriage of the Lamb has come, and His bride has prepared herself.” It was given to her to clothe herself in fine linen, bright and clean; for the fine linen is the righteous acts of the saints. Then he *said to me, “Write: ‘Blessed are those who are invited to the wedding feast of the Lamb.’” And he *said to me, “These are the true words of God.”

Maybe you should do yourself, and everyone else a favor and stop talking, until after you have believed the gospel.

OZOS

I have no idea who this group is or anyone associated with them, but I just did a quick search to see if there was a comprehensive commentary on this, so I do not have to take a great deal of my time explaining it to you. READ IT.

marke

They are not, so you are wrong, again.

The Body of Christ (The Church) joins with the Bride of Christ at the wedding feast of the Lamb.

"Let’s rejoice and be glad and give the glory to Him, because the marriage of the Lamb has come, and His bride has prepared herself.” It was given to her to clothe herself in fine linen, bright and clean; for the fine linen is the righteous acts of the saints. Then he *said to me, “Write: ‘Blessed are those who are invited to the wedding feast of the Lamb.’” And he *said to me, “These are the true words of God.”

Maybe you should do yourself, and everyone else a favor and stop talking, until after you have believed the gospel.
I cannot support some speculations which are not specifically detailed in Scripture. I see no indication that there are members of the Church who are not part of the bride at Jesus' marriage of the bride mentioned in Revelation.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Ephesians 5:32 suggests that the mystery between Christ and his wife, the church, remains a mystery to those who do not understand the Bible.

As someone who understands the Bible, it's not a mystery (currently) that the Body of Christ is not Israel (though many are still confounded by their doctrine into thinking that it is), and that there are two different churches, the first being the nation of Israel, the second being the Body of Christ.

marke

As someone who understands the Bible, it's not a mystery (currently) that the Body of Christ is not Israel (though many are still confounded by their doctrine into thinking that it is), and that there are two different churches, the first being the nation of Israel, the second being the Body of Christ.
I draw from 1 Cor. 10:32 the three distinctions of humanity are the Jew, the Gentile, and the Church of God. In my opinion, the Jews in the wilderness were called the church in the wilderness because the people of God in the OT typified the people of God in the NT.

oatmeal

2 Corinthians 11:2 For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.

Paul here is not saying the church, the body of Christ, is the bride of Christ. Paul is using espousal to illustrate the faithfulness and purity of the church unto Christ Jesus.

The relationship the church has with Christ is expressed by marriage. Christ is the head of the church just as the husband is head of the wife (Ephesians 5:23).

Paul is admonishing the church for following other apostles and another gospel (2 Corinthians 11:4).

The bride of Christ is a city as seen by Revelation 21:9-10.
Yes, God illustrates the devotion we should have to Christ as the devotion a wife should have to a husband, a husband who would and actually had laid down his life for his bride.

We are members in particular in the body of Christ, as you say, as scripture teaches, not the bride of Christ, Israel is the bride of Christ

marke

Yes, God illustrates the devotion we should have to Christ as the devotion a wife should have to a husband, a husband who would and actually had laid down his life for his bride.

We are members in particular in the body of Christ, as you say, as scripture teaches, not the bride of Christ, Israel is the bride of Christ
I know God claimed He was married to the children of Abraham in the OT, but I have never seen any indication God calls OT saints the bride of Christ instead of NT Christians who are supposedly not called the bride of Christ.

OZOS

I know God claimed He was married to the children of Abraham in the OT, but I have never seen any indication God calls OT saints the bride of Christ instead of NT Christians who are supposedly not called the bride of Christ.
Take :30 and read your Bible, on who God's word says the bride is, it's not hard to find. I'll wait. 🥱

marke

Take :30 and read your Bible, on who God's word says the bride is, it's not hard to find. I'll wait. 🥱
According to Revelation 21, the bride is God's wife. Also in Revelation Jerusalem is described as the bride of God and in Galatians 4 Jerusalem is called the mother of Christians.

OZOS

According to Revelation 21, the bride is God's wife. Also in Revelation Jerusalem is described as the bride of God and in Galatians 4 Jerusalem is called the mother of Christians.
“Come here, I will show you the bride, the wife of the Lamb.” And he carried me away in the Spirit to a great and high mountain, and showed me the holy city, Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God"

So the bride is Jerusalem, not the Church, the Body of Christ.

marke

“Come here, I will show you the bride, the wife of the Lamb.” And he carried me away in the Spirit to a great and high mountain, and showed me the holy city, Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God"

So the bride is Jerusalem, not the Church, the Body of Christ.
So the church is not married to Christ?

Pipiripi

Scriptures clearly teaches that we (the church) is the body and Jesus Christ is the head. So stop talking about body of Christ.

Jesus teaches us in John 17 how the spiritual work in us. So who is in us? The Holy Spirit. Who is the Holy Spirit? Jesus and the Father.
So BIBLICAL true!!

marke

Which church?

The Church of Israel?

Or the Church of the Body of Christ?

Because the Body of Christ is not the Bride of Christ.
More private interpretations held by individuals who pride themselves on supposedly having superior knowledge of the truth as compared to the majority of Bible-believing Christians.