THE CHURCH IS NOT THE BRIDE OF CHRIST

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
More private interpretations held by individuals who pride themselves on supposedly having superior knowledge of the truth as compared to the majority of Bible-believing Christians.

Says the one with his own private opinion.

So who's right? Argue your position with scripture, not posturing, please.

PS: your mention of "majority of Christians" is an appeal to popularity. Something is not right just because a majority believes it.

OZOS

More private interpretations held by individuals who pride themselves on supposedly having superior knowledge of the truth as compared to the majority of Bible-believing Christians.
LOL, you're a clown. All knowledge results from hearing / reading what God says, and believing it. A majority of religious people (you) are either too proud to believe God or too lazy to listen to Him, so they follow the majority, those who only claim to believe the Bible.

"Then one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls filled with the seven last plagues came to me and talked with me, saying, “Come, I will show you the bride, the Lamb’s wife.” And he carried me away in the Spirit to a great and high mountain, and showed me the great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God, having the glory of God. Her light was like a most precious stone, like a jasper stone, clear as crystal. Also she had a great and high wall with twelve gates, and twelve angels at the gates, and names written on them, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel: three gates on the east, three gates on the north, three gates on the south, and three gates on the west. Now the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and on them were the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb."

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
Says the one with his own private opinion.

So who's right? Argue your position with scripture, not posturing, please.

PS: your mention of "majority of Christians" is an appeal to popularity. Something is not right just because a majority believes it.
Right, but if you can demonstrate that the Apostles themselves believe it, then that would make it right.

Idolater

LOL, you're a clown. All knowledge results from hearing / reading what God says, and believing it. A majority of religious people (you) are either too proud to believe God or too lazy to listen to Him, so they follow the majority, those who only claim to believe the Bible.

"Then one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls filled with the seven last plagues came to me and talked with me, saying, “Come, I will show you the bride, the Lamb’s wife.” And he carried me away in the Spirit to a great and high mountain, and showed me the great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God, having the glory of God. Her light was like a most precious stone, like a jasper stone, clear as crystal. Also she had a great and high wall with twelve gates, and twelve angels at the gates, and names written on them, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel: three gates on the east, three gates on the north, three gates on the south, and three gates on the west. Now the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and on them were the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb."
That's "Jerusalem which is above" from Galatians 4:26, "the mother of us all". Said by Paul, to the Gentile Galatians.

Idolater

Are you saying that the Lamb is going to marry His mother?
You think "all" in Galatians 4:26 includes the Lord Jesus? I read that as all men, like us and the Apostles, but not to include the Son of God too.

Besides, are you disagreeing that your scripture in Revelation and Galatians 4:26 refer to the same entity?

OZOS

You think "all" in Galatians 4:26 includes the Lord Jesus? I read that as all men, like us and the Apostles, but not to include the Son of God too.

Besides, are you disagreeing that your scripture in Revelation and Galatians 4:26 refer to the same entity?
Revelation says the Bride of the Lamb, His wife, is the "Holy City", who, as I read it, represents the nation of Israel (twelve tribes).
The Body of Christ, is the Church.

marke

Is that all you think the bride of Christ is, bricks and mortar? Is not Jerusalem the mother of us all? Does that mean we are bricks and mortar also?

Galatians 4:26
But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.

marke

Revelation says the Bride of the Lamb, His wife, is the "Holy City", who, as I read it, represents the nation of Israel (twelve tribes).
Maybe.
Isaiah 62:12
And they shall call them, The holy people, The redeemed of the Lord: and thou shalt be called, Sought out, A city not forsaken.

Isaiah 62:5
For as a young man marrieth a virgin, so shall thy sons marry thee: and as the bridegroom rejoiceth over the bride, so shall thy God rejoice over thee.

The redeemed of the Lord shall marry Jerusalem. The Lord shall marry Jerusalem. All Abraham's of descendants by faith in Jesus from every nation shall marry Jerudsalem.

Abraham is the father of all nations whom the Lord has redeemed from the bondage of sin, which is why Jerusalem is referred to as the mother of us all.

OZOS

I guess it would do no good for me to ask you for a verse to back up what appears to me to be childish nonsense?
Already posted it for you, you moron.

Idolater

But it's literally "the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven" in the KJB. Do you deny that this is the same entity as in Galatians 4:26 ("Jerusalem which is above")? I don't have any reason to think these are different.
Agreed.

OZOS

But it's literally "the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven" in the KJB. Do you deny that this is the same entity as in Galatians 4:26 ("Jerusalem which is above")? I don't have any reason to think these are different.
The question is, is the Holy City representative of Israel.

Omniskeptical

BANNED
Banned
The question is, is the Holy City representative of Israel.
Why wouldn't it be? The New Isreal is of the bride and of christ, and it is at least part of the kingdom of God. Why does the bride welcome the earthly church at the end of Revelation?

marke

Already posted it for you, you moron.

The redeemed of the Lord make up the stones of the Holy City.
1 Peter 2:5
Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.

OZOS

The redeemed of the Lord make up the stones of the Holy City.
1 Peter 2:5
Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.
1 Peter is written to Jews about the nation of Israel. You should probably stop talking, because with every word you speak, you are looking more and more like an idiot.

marke

1 Peter is written to Jews about the nation of Israel. You should probably stop talking, because with every word you speak, you are looking more and more like an idiot.
The nation of Isreal is compared to stones and Jesus is compared to a rock but you think no Christian is ever compared to a stone? You are aware that Jesus called Peter a rock upon which He will build His church, an edifice likened to the Holy City of Jerusalem?