The coronavirus scam

way 2 go

Not every video there will suit your opinion, I'm guessing.
I touched the screen and it switched to the video below.
Loads of jerks spouting their dribble, I reckon. Try fiddling about with the screen and you too may find the video titled:-

Prolonged periods of lockdown cocooning the public from germs could leave people dangerously vulnerable to new viruses, a leading epidemiologist has warned.
Sunetra Gupta, professor of theoretical epidemiology at the University of Oxford, fears intense social distancing could actually weaken immune systems because people are not exposed to germs and so do not develop defences that could protect them against future pandemics.
The scientist rose to prominence in March after her team’s modelling created a best case scenario where coronavirus arrived in the UK in December and spread quickly through the population creating “herd immunity”, already partly acquired through exposure to different strains of the virus.
Her research rivalled that of Professor Neil Ferguson, the Imperial College London professor whose worst case scenario of 500,000 UK deaths encouraged the Government into lockdown.

chair

All your best scientists say to wear a mask, social distance, et al.

The science say such things DO NOT work for the virus.

I'm gonna go with what the science says, not with what scientists who disagree with the science say.

What is "the science"? I get the impression that "the science" consists of the few cherry-picked opinions that happen to agree with your preconceived notions. As opposed to actual science- which is what governments are using to guide their actions.

eider

Prolonged periods of lockdown cocooning the public from germs could leave people dangerously vulnerable to new viruses, a leading epidemiologist has warned.
Sunetra Gupta, professor of theoretical epidemiology at the University of Oxford, fears intense social distancing could actually weaken immune systems because people are not exposed to germs and so do not develop defences that could protect them against future pandemics.
The scientist rose to prominence in March after her team’s modelling created a best case scenario where coronavirus arrived in the UK in December and spread quickly through the population creating “herd immunity”, already partly acquired through exposure to different strains of the virus.
Her research rivalled that of Professor Neil Ferguson, the Imperial College London professor whose worst case scenario of 500,000 UK deaths encouraged the Government into lockdown.
Loads of critics will have been hard at work during this last year.
Whether to promote themselves, promote products, insist on being right, for political reasons or simply because they were not listened to beforehand....... Sunetra Gupta was not preferred over Prof Ferguson for any position .... can you see that?
It did not matter what our chief medics and scientists decided!

Every armchair critic out there will be telling us to go up, down, that way, this way..... any way. It even stretches to unqualified folks reading a few alternative opinions and then insulting us, our little countries, our scientists, and (I suspect) our secular communities........ it's all bad here......

I know about mistakes that we have made, so does @Arthur Brain , but what you don't get is that we have mostly responded to Government guidance and legislation 'as one', something that you probably admire in a Baseball team, but seem to despise in a whole community.

We ain't listening to any but our own guv'nor, and he ain't listening to any but his own medic and science advisors. That's how it works.

Send you advise, (or Prof Guptor's) to 10, Downing Street, London, W.1.. But Boris has already seen her advise.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
... we have mostly responded to Government guidance and legislation 'as one' ...
Sheeple
something that you probably admire in a Baseball team, but seem to despise in a whole community.
Certainly did in Deutschland in the late 30s/early 40s
We ain't listening to any but our own guv'nor, and he ain't listening to any but his own medic and science advisors. That's how it works.
And just how well has that worked for you over the past year? A death rate greater than everybody except Belgium.

eider

What is "the science"? I get the impression that "the science" consists of the few cherry-picked opinions that happen to agree with your preconceived notions. As opposed to actual science- which is what governments are using to guide their actions.
One great benefit of the lockdown is that I cannot get my English Breakfast in cafes, or my pint in the Three Mariners pub. So I save money, lose a bit of weight, but especially.... I don't have to listen to the local big heads who talk loudly about how they could do it all better. They cannot seem to understand how and why they were not chosen to lead their country. !!! I could tell 'em.... 😁

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
What is "the science"?

Go read the article W2G posted.

I get the impression that "the science" consists of the few cherry-picked opinions that happen to agree with your preconceived notions. As opposed to actual science- which is what governments are using to guide their actions.

No, governments are not using actual science to guide their actions, because everything they have done runs CONTRARY to everything that has been learned in the past 200 years of medical progress.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
One great benefit of the lockdown is that I cannot get my English Breakfast in cafes, or my pint in the Three Mariners pub. So I save money, lose a bit of weight, but especially.... I don't have to listen to the local big heads who talk loudly about how they could do it all better. They cannot seem to understand how and why they were not chosen to lead their country. !!! I could tell 'em.... 😁

One great benefit of the lockdown is that people cannot get their food from stores, or their medicine in the hospitals. So they save money, lose a lot of weight, but especially.... they don't have to listen to the scientists who are speaking out about how what's being done is hurting people. They seem to understand that their leaders were chosen to lead their country to greatness.

Oh wait...

eider

One great benefit of the lockdown is that people cannot get their food from stores, or their medicine in the hospitals. So they save money, lose a lot of weight, but especially.... they don't have to listen to the scientists who are speaking out about how what's being done is hurting people. They seem to understand that their leaders were chosen to lead their country to greatness.

Oh wait...
That tell me how little you know about life here.
All our food stores are open.
All our pharmacies are open.
We don't get medicine from hospitals!
We hear and read about all the nutcases publishing junk to try and mislead us.
We get daily reports from the science officers on the BBC and anybody can send in a question for them to answer.

None of our leaders seek to lead our country to greatness, because just as this time we are devolving.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
. . . here
. . . our
. . . our
We . . .
We . . . us
We . . . BBC

. . . our . . . our . . . we

Do you not care anything at all for those around the world who, as a result of such lockdowns, are experiencing such things?

Or are you too focused on yourself to care?

None of our leaders seek to lead our country to greatness,

That much is obvious.

They're more focused on making themselves great at the expense of their citizens.

Wasn't that what you called 'tyranny,' earlier?

eider

Do you not care anything at all for those around the world who, as a result of such lockdowns, are experiencing such things?

Or are you too focused on yourself to care?

That much is obvious.

They're more focused on making themselves great at the expense of their citizens.

Wasn't that what you called 'tyranny,' earlier?
Oh please.......
You've tried to convince me that our lockdown is all wrong.
You failed in that because most folks here will stick to the plan here .
Now you want to tell me how wicked all our leaders are.

And you want me to believe that you are worrying yourself silly about what is happening to lockdown folks around the world.

Please..........

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
As much as I want to agree, I'm sure that Churchill actually was doing his best for his people... and you can't punish someone for actions their descendants might take.
I've mentioned this before but what we're dealing with in France, in Germany, in England and to a lesser degree in Italy is a natural selection in favor of the worst elements of society. Many towns, many cities of those countries lost an entire generation of brave intelligent young man in World War I - their best and brightest. The next generation that came along was spawn'd from their worst and most dimwitted. The best and brightest of THAT generation were decimated in World War II. And so the next generation, the generation that came to prominence, to adulthood in the sixties and to political power in the years afterwards - we're seeing the fallout from that now from them and from their stunted progeny.

eider is the personification of that trend - a troubling lack of intellectual curiosity and a total reliance on authority