Status
Not open for further replies.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
The past half century? You mean like the T.V. shows "Star Trek" and "My Favorite Martian"? Is that about when the brain washing started?

This is just conspiracy minded nonsense.

I don't buy anything - ANYTHING - and MSNBC and I doubt every word uttered on CNN and I'm skeptical of much of what FOX says too.

If Rush says they're real, then maybe I'll start listening. Otherwise, I couldn't care less whether they're coming or not nor whether they even exist or not.

The Bible tells us how. Miracles.

Want the source of modern widespread fooling of Christians? Look no further than the Trinity Broadcasting Network and the abject stupidity that is the Charismatic movement.

Clete

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You have yet to explain WHY we see in perspective. I think it is important to understand how the human eye works so that you can determine if the human eye can be trusted to accurately reflect the world around us or if it ha limitations that force us to go beyond what our eyes are telling us.

You are not starting from the ground up. Your title to this thread rather demonstrates that. You have stated in your title that the Earth is flat and that we never went to the moon. You have made conclusions and you are trying to support that to the point where you absolutely ignore any question that really forces you to look at the flat Earth model.

Sunrise and sunset - Flat Earth says the sun and moon are rotating above the Earth in a plane parallel to the Earths surface. This path does not explain why the rises from the top down, sets from the bottom up and is always the same size throughout the day. You have been asked to verify this yourself, you have been given methods to do so yet you have not done ANY investigative work of your own. Why?

If the sun is a "spot light" circling above the Earth and only about 3,000 miles up, why can't we see it at night? The sun would always be visible from everyplace on a flat Earth because there is nothing to block it. You may not be under it's light, but you would still be able to see it. If you take a really bright spotlight and suspend it from a pole so that it points at the ground, you can mimic the problem. If you stand under the light, you can see it. If you walk down the block, or even two or three or four blocks, you can still see your spot light but you are not being illuminated by it.

Unless and until flat Earth "science" can produce a repeatable experiment that is peer reviewed and accepted by existing scientific journals, you cannot make any meaningful claims about, well, anything regarding the flat Earth. You may not like the part about submitting to existing scientific journals but that is what every other person who has and idea about how the universe works has to do. I am holding your movement to the same standard.

I stated recently that I was going to methodically start from the ground and work my way up, as per the video, "Proving the earth is not flat--Part 1 Horizons", because we were jumping all over the place with video vs video when I first started this debate.

I have and will again provide video of the sun changing size from sun up to sun down. I have explained why we see the sun do what it does on a flat earth viewed with perspective. You simply don't accept that explanation. That we all see the world in perspective is a fact not a theory. A fact that globe earth must deny.

What we all see, and don't have to investigate, is that the sun, moon, and stars all move above us just as the clouds, birds, and planes do. We never sense in anyway the earth spinning. We never see a curvature that's admitted to be too far away to see anyway, but that we do see the horizon of a curved earth we look ever so slightly down at (that it's so nearly at eye level we can't tell the difference) just three miles away is mind boggling.

As to the size and distance of the sun from earth I have not said. But in perspective everything that moves across the sky will disappear at the horizon regardless of how high up it is or how large it is.

View attachment 26593

We don't have to be scientists in order to understand the contradictions in the globe earth model. Tesla was very clear that electromagnetism, not gravity, explains our world. He accused Einstein of departing from actual experiments and relying on thought experiments--imagined theory, instead. Flat earth research must submit to a peer review by globe scientists??? That's a good one, I'm glad someone else here has a sense of humor.

"I think it is important to understand how the human eye works so that you can determine if the human eye can be trusted to accurately reflect the world around us or if it has limitations that force us to go beyond what our eyes are telling us."

Please do elaborate on this. This is where all deception begins, "why we cannot trust our senses". I'm glad you brought it up.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The past half century? You mean like the T.V. shows "Star Trek" and "My Favorite Martian"? Is that about when the brain washing started?

This is just conspiracy minded nonsense.

I don't buy anything - ANYTHING - and MSNBC and I doubt every word uttered on CNN and I'm skeptical of much of what FOX says too.

If Rush says they're real, then maybe I'll start listening. Otherwise, I couldn't care less whether they're coming or not nor whether they even exist or not.

The Bible tells us how. Miracles.

Want the source of modern widespread fooling of Christians? Look no further than the Trinity Broadcasting Network and the abject stupidity that is the Charismatic movement.

Clete

Revelation 19:19 "And I saw the beast and the kings of the earth with their armies gathered to make war against him who sits upon the horse and against his army."

One wonders why anyone would go to fight against God and his army, we can only imagine that they don't really believe this is the invincible God or his invincible army. That the world has been deceived into believing this is an Alien invasion would be more likely.

--Dave

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Revelation 19:19 "And I saw the beast and the kings of the earth with their armies gathered to make war against him who sits upon the horse and against his army."

One wonders why anyone would go to fight against God and his army, we can only imagine that they don't really believe this is the invincible God or his invincible army. That the world has been deceived into believing this is an Alien invasion would be more likely.

--Dave
https://qz.com/1314111/we-may-have-answered-the-fermi-paradox-we-are-alone-in-the-universe/

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The Bible does not say that the earth is flat.

In fact it shows evidence tot the contrary, that it is indeed spherical.

Likewise, just because you might think you see a flat horizon, doesn't mean that you actually see the slight curvature of the earth.

Your vision is not acute enough.

You eyesight is fooling you even as distance makes things look smaller, it does not follow that a person who is 6 ft tall decreases in size if they are distant from you and still visible.

Just because that person appears to the eye to be smaller than 6 ft tall if he is a distance does not make it true.

According to the logic you propound it may seem to be true, but it is not.

The earth is immovable, the sun and moon were made to stand still, the earth is a circle that God sits above, stars will fall to earth, and you think the Bible tells us the earth is a spinning globe that moves around the sun in a universe where stars are... I don't think so.

Nobody thinks a person actually gets smaller at a distance, and the logic of perspective does not conclude this. This is a good example of how to deceive.

--Dave

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
The earth is immovable, the sun and moon were made to stand still, the earth is a circle that God sits above, stars will fall to earth, and you think the Bible tells us the earth is a spinning globe that moves around the sun in a universe where stars are... I don't think so.

Nobody thinks a person actually gets smaller at a distance, and the logic of perspective does not conclude this. This is a good example of how to deceive.

--Dave
God hung the earth on nothing. You don't hang something on nothing if there's nothing around the object you're hanging.

However, God hanging the earth on nothing is a pretty good representation of God hanging the earth in orbit around the Sun.

Dave, when can we move on to a different subject? Like, say, the Noachian flood models?

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
God hung the earth on nothing. You don't hang something on nothing if there's nothing around the object you're hanging.

However, God hanging the earth on nothing is a pretty good representation of God hanging the earth in orbit around the Sun.

Dave, when can we move on to a different subject? Like, say, the Noachian flood models?

That something is hung means there is nothing under it and that there is something over it that keeps it from falling. When Job says God, "stretches out the north over the void, and hangs the earth upon nothing" does not mean earth is floating in space with nothing under it. It means that there is nothing above it holding it up. This verse does not say, mean, or imply the earth is a spinning Globe.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

How about because we never went back.

Or how about that only till recently we had the technology to land a rocket upright.

And how about that we never lost anyone or any space ship or moon lander in the effort despite the lack of technology at the time. As if astronauts just used their skills using a joystick to navigate landings and docking's with a little trust to the left now a little to the right.

How about that the vacuum of space would have killed them if there was the slightest leak in any ship or suit. As if those suits were even capable of handling the heat on the moon.

Start Trek was more believable than the moon landing.

--Dave

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
That something is hung means there is nothing under it

Space is pretty empty...

and that there is something over it that keeps it from falling.

The sun's gravity keeps the earth from flying off into space, and the earth's momentum prevents it from falling into the sun.

When Job says God, "stretches out the north over the void, and hangs the earth upon nothing" does not mean earth is floating in space with nothing under it.

It doesn't inherently mean that, no, of course not.

BUT, on the other hand, the concept of the earth orbiting the sun fits really well with that phrase.

It means that there is nothing above it holding it up. This verse does not say, mean, or imply the earth is a spinning Globe.

--Dave

No, it says God "hung the earth on nothing." Meaning that He did hang it. It's a perfect descriptor of putting something in orbit, because it hangs on nothing, yet remains in it's position.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
How about because we never went back.
Next time you run into Buzz Aldrin ask him....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OROlF8zB9z0

...be sure to duck.

Or just call Joe Tanner, a professing believer, a liar:
"My goal of flying in space is finally realized after many years of preparation. Praise God! I look out a window to see Earth with my own eyes from 165 miles above its surface. It really is round!"​
Src: See the Forward in the "Look Inside" book preview here:
https://www.amazon.com/Indescribable-Encountering-Glory-Beauty-Universe-ebook/dp/B005S9KSE6

Yours is a position that would call the actual witnesses of Our Lord's resurrection at the time liars, too.

Sigh.

AMR

SaulToPaul 2

--Dave

Thanks, Dave. I thought of posting that verse too.
Sounds a lot like the space force to me.

Right Divider

Body part
Actually Dave believes in the ISS. But he thinks it's being held in space by electro magnetism, or balloons, or something.
Yes, Dave believes that there is another "secret" technology that they use. Another of the vast number of vague and unproven assumptions that Dave throws out as if they are facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.