The earth is flat and we never went to the moon--Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Nobody, not even Dave, has made ANY attempt to discuss the actual issue here.

The moon shows a curved shadow, proving that it is a sphere.

If the moon is CLEARLY a sphere, why would the earth be flat? (Hint: the earth is NOT flat).

I already answered this.

You notice that on the moon there's no trees, no ocean or lakes, no life.

The earth is not like the moon because it has trees, oceans and lakes, and life.

The earth must not be a sphere.

--Dave

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I'm using

"I'm assuming my conclusion that the earth is immobile to show that the earth is immobile." --Dave

the immovable earth to show that everything else is moving.

You still don't get it, do you?

RELATIVE TO EVERYTHING ELSE, THE EARTH IS MOVING.

Which makes your argument self-contradictory.

You can't have a moving immovable object.

Flat earth goes back further than Pythagoras, Plato, and Aristotle. Back to 30,000 BC

This is why using Wikipedia is a bad idea.

The earth is ONLY 7-10,000 years old. It CANNOT be older, if the Bible has anything to say about it.

It seemed to be that flat earth was never ever believed in past history. Which is wrong. If you were making another point then please clarify it.

The point is that Flat Earth-ism is recent (think mid-19th century recent), and that as early as the 6th century BC, the earth has been established as a globe. To assert that prior to that the earth was assumed or believed to be flat would be presenting a false dichotomy. In other words, you leave out the possibilities that the shape of the earth was either not known prior, or that it didn't really matter to anyone, or that it was known, but never recorded, or was recorded, but such record has been lost to history or simply hasn't been discovered yet. We simply don't have enough information to make any claims as to what the ancients (or at least, those prior to the 6th century BC) believed, so you should stop making such claims.

In any event, Isaiah's words, when you consider their actual meaning, are far more consistent with a globe than a flat earth:

It is He who sits above the circle of the earth, And its inhabitants are like grasshoppers, Who stretches out the heavens like a curtain, And spreads them out like a tent to dwell in. - Isaiah 40:22 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Isaiah40:22&version=NKJV

https://creation.com/isaiah-40-22-circle-sphere

In addition, the oldest book in the Bible, most likely written by Moses, describes the earth in a manner consistent with modern cosmology:

He stretches out the north over empty space; He hangs the earth on nothing. - Job 26:7 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Job26:7&version=NKJV

Right Divider

Body part
Motionless is the antithesis of motion. Can't have one without the other is basic logic. And logic is what you have lost.

"The earth is God's immovable reference point for everything else in the cosmos that is in motion."--DFT Dave

I think I'll copyrite this. You all can quote me.

--Dave
The earth is not motionless no matter how many times you say that. You're wrong EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Did you ever look into stellar parallax?: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stellar_parallax

That is ANOTHER in the long list of UNEQUIVOCAL evidences that the earth is NOT flat and motionless.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I already answered this.

And you were soundly rebutted.

You notice that on the moon there's no trees, no ocean or lakes, no life.

Yeah, because the atmosphere that exists there is not capable of supporting life. If you build a sealed dome on the surface of the moon, and then put the same mixture of gasses in the dome that we have on the earth, and provide the right nutrients in the right kind of soil, you could grow life there.

The earth is not like the moon because it has trees, oceans and lakes, and life.

This is a completely pointless statement that absolutely no one would argue with, which STILL doesn't support your argument.

The earth must not be a sphere.

Non-sequitur. You could grow life on the moon if you meet certain conditions, yet it wouldn't change the moon from a sphere to a flat disk.

The earth being different than the moon doesn't exclude the earth from being a sphere.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
That is NOT an answer. It is sheer and utter fallacious stupidity.
[MENTION=4980]DFT_Dave[/MENTION] it's the same sort of logic that racists use.

Oh, their skin color is different? They must not be humans like we are.

Oh, they have a weird religion? They must be lesser beings than us.

:vomit:

Oh, the earth is different than the moon? The earth must be a different shape then.

:dunce:

genuineoriginal

I agree with you, but in this case our perceptions contradict reality. This is different than saying there are other things in reality we do not perceive.

--Dave
You do not perceive the Earth moving, so your interpretation is that the Earth is not moving.
You do not perceive a Heliocentric solar system, so your interpretation is that you live in a geocentric universe.

Your interpretation contradicts reality because of a lack of perception.

So, what methods are available to correct your lack of perception?
The ancients created orreries, machines to model the movement of the sun, planets, and moons to expand their perception.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
"I'm assuming my conclusion that the earth is immobile to show that the earth is immobile." --Dave

You still don't get it, do you?

RELATIVE TO EVERYTHING ELSE, THE EARTH IS MOVING.

Which makes your argument self-contradictory.

You can't have a moving immovable object.

This is why using Wikipedia is a bad idea.

The earth is ONLY 7-10,000 years old. It CANNOT be older, if the Bible has anything to say about it.

The point is that Flat Earth-ism is recent (think mid-19th century recent), and that as early as the 6th century BC, the earth has been established as a globe. To assert that prior to that the earth was assumed or believed to be flat would be presenting a false dichotomy. In other words, you leave out the possibilities that the shape of the earth was either not known prior, or that it didn't really matter to anyone, or that it was known, but never recorded, or was recorded, but such record has been lost to history or simply hasn't been discovered yet. We simply don't have enough information to make any claims as to what the ancients (or at least, those prior to the 6th century BC) believed, so you should stop making such claims.

In any event, Isaiah's words, when you consider their actual meaning, are far more consistent with a globe than a flat earth:

It is He who sits above the circle of the earth, And its inhabitants are like grasshoppers, Who stretches out the heavens like a curtain, And spreads them out like a tent to dwell in. - Isaiah 40:22 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Isaiah40:22&version=NKJV

https://creation.com/isaiah-40-22-circle-sphere

In addition, the oldest book in the Bible, most likely written by Moses, describes the earth in a manner consistent with modern cosmology:

He stretches out the north over empty space; He hangs the earth on nothing. - Job 26:7 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Job26:7&version=NKJV

Belief in flat Earth
"Several pre-Socratic philosophers believed that the world was flat: Thales (c. 550 BC) according to several sources, and Leucippus (c. 440 BC) and Democritus (c. 460–370 BC) according to Aristotle."

"Thales thought the Earth floated in water like a log. It has been argued, however, that Thales actually believed in a round Earth. Anaximander (c. 550 BC) believed the Earth was a short cylinder with a flat, circular top that remained stable because it was the same distance from all things. Anaximenes of Miletus believed that "the Earth is flat and rides on air; in the same way the Sun and the Moon and the other heavenly bodies, which are all fiery, ride the air because of their flatness." Xenophanes of Colophon (c. 500 BC) thought that the Earth was flat, with its upper side touching the air, and the lower side extending without limit."

"Belief in a flat Earth continued into the 5th century BC. Anaxagoras (c. 450 BC) agreed that the Earth was flat, and his pupil Archelaus believed that the flat Earth was depressed in the middle like a saucer, to allow for the fact that the Sun does not rise and set at the same time for everyone."

The wiki article has many reliable references. It's one thing to say you don't believe in flat earth and that every one else who believes in it is wrong, but you can't say that no one in ancient world believed in the flat earth when it's well documented that they did.

This is wrong. Don't make a quote of me for something I did not say even if you think that is a correct way to interpret what I said.

I understand that in the heliocentric system everything is moving and I understand the relativity that goes with it.

But in this system when you think you're not moving you actually are. You just don't know it. It becomes an "illusion" that we are on a stationary earth because that's not the "reality".

But if the earth is flat and stationary then what I said is correct. The immovable earth is God's reference point for everything else in the universe that is moving. This is not a proof but scripture says the earth does not move and everything else does.

Immovable Earth
1 Chronicles 16:30 ".....the world also shall be stable, that it be not moved..."
Psalm 96:10 " ...the world also shall be established that it shall not be moved..."
Psalm 93:1 " ... the world also is established, that it cannot be moved..."

Circle of the Earth
Isaiah 40:22 "It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth" Some people say this proves the globe but there is a difference between a circle and a sphere, Isaiah knew the difference between a circle and a sphere because he describes a ball in Isaiah 22:18 "...toss thee like a ball...
--From 75 verses prove a flat earth

Moving Sun
Psalm 19:6…. “…goes forth in a circle from one end of heaven to the other….”
Joshua 10:12 "He said in the sight of Israel, Sun, stand thou still upon Gibeon; and thou, Moon, in the valley of Ajalon. 13 And the sun stood still, and the moon stayed, until the people had avenged themselves upon their enemies. Is not this written in the book of Jasher? So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and hasted not to go down about a whole day."

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The earth is not motionless no matter how many times you say that. You're wrong EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Did you ever look into stellar parallax?: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stellar_parallax

That is ANOTHER in the long list of UNEQUIVOCAL evidences that the earth is NOT flat and motionless.

This is good evidence for the spinning globe.

I have to keep reminding you that evidence for a spinning globe is not my problem. My problem is that there's evidence and scriptures that support a flat motionless earth.

I obviously can't confirm or deny a stellar parallax. I can only accept what people have said about it. I can't judge those who have made the observations and interpreted them. I don't have that expertise.

But I want you to make that case, while I make the case for flat earth.

The other part of this thread is "we never went to the moon". "If" it is true that we never went there then my position is that NASA has lied to us about everything it has told us about the universe.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
And you were soundly rebutted.

Yeah, because the atmosphere that exists there is not capable of supporting life. If you build a sealed dome on the surface of the moon, and then put the same mixture of gasses in the dome that we have on the earth, and provide the right nutrients in the right kind of soil, you could grow life there.

This is a completely pointless statement that absolutely no one would argue with, which STILL doesn't support your argument.

Non-sequitur. You could grow life on the moon if you meet certain conditions, yet it wouldn't change the moon from a sphere to a flat disk.

The earth being different than the moon doesn't exclude the earth from being a sphere.

And seeing spheres in space does not prove the earth is a sphere either.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You assume your conclusion. That is called begging the question and is one of the many fallacies that you repeat ad nauseam.

This is not a fallacy because it's a proposition not a proof.

If the earth is flat and stationary and then it becomes that which is the reference point for everything that is moving above it.

If the earth is moving with everything else in the universe then it is not a reference point for everything else.

--Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.