The earth is flat and we never went to the moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dave!
That video clearly showed that you can't see the bottom part of the hull. You explained that away by claiming waves hid it. The video, if it proves anything at all, proves that you are wrong.

The zoom of the camera gradually showed more and more of the ship in a way which I think demonstrates the oceans are not curved, but are in fact level.

--Dave

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
The zoom of the camera gradually showed more and more of the ship in a way which I think demonstrates the oceans are not curved, but are in fact level.

--Dave
You need to get your eyes checked then. Because not only did it not show more of the ship as it zoomed in, it DID show that there were no waves rising and falling that would show or hide the ship. It showed that the portion of the ship that was visible remained visible, but the portion that was hidden, remained hidden.

Sent from my Pixel XL using TheologyOnline mobile app

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Knight, did you miss this?

--Dave
No, I didn't miss that and I appreciate your point. In fact I'm having fun.

There are folks I know that are so stubborn in their opinion that I can barely speak with them on certain issues. I'm the kind of guy that likes to mentally explore things and have deep conversations about the "what ifs" and the "could be's", yet even bringing certain topics up with these folks would cause them to question my salvation. lol

I think that's sad.

Therefore I have no issue with you playing the devil's advocate on this topic. It's fun. It's the most I have participated in a long time.

That being said.... I'm going to make my case to you and not pull any punches. I don't think there is much meat on the flat earth bones but that doesn't mean I wont be picking at them. :)

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
No, I didn't miss that and I appreciate your point. In fact I'm having fun.

There are folks I know that are so stubborn in their opinion that I can barely speak with them on certain issues. I'm the kind of guy that likes to mentally explore things and have deep conversations about the "what ifs" and the "could be's" but even bringing certain topics up with these folks would cause them to question my salvation. lol

I think that's sad.

Therefore I have no issue with you playing the devil's advocate on this topic. It's fun. It's the most I have participated in a long time.

That being said.... I'm going to make my case to you and not pull any punches. I don't think there is much meat on the flat earth bones but that doesn't mean I wont be picking at them. :)

That's why I have always enjoyed this debate site over others I have been on. We can enjoy our debates but I respect the intellectual integrity of those who participate here. And please don't any one hold back, I can take a good punch.

I think at this point some arguments seem to favor spinning globe others seem to favor stationary flat earth. I am looking at this from both sides but I am advocating for one side only for the sake of debate.

You were wise to see that I am not 100% sure either way at this point, but the arguments for flat earth are very good and we went to the moon are very poor which means I am very open to what I consider the "literal" Biblical model of a flat stationary earth.

--Dave

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
That's why I have always enjoyed this debate site over others I have been on. We can enjoy our debates but I respect the intellectual integrity of those who participate here. And please don't any one hold back, I can take a good punch.

I think at this point some arguments seem to favor spinning globe others seem to favor stationary flat earth. I am looking at this from both sides but I am advocating for one side only for the sake of debate.

You were wise to see that I am not 100% sure either way at this point, but the arguments for flat earth are very good and we went to the moon are very poor which means I am very open to what I consider the "literal" Biblical model of a flat stationary earth.

--Dave
I'll post this link again for you to read about the "circle of the earth."

http://creation.mobi/isaiah-40-22-circle-sphere

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

--Dave
I kinda wish there were two different threads... one for the flat earth theory and one for the moon landing theory.

The assertion that we didn't land on the moon is offensive to me in a similar way that the relatives of Jews who died in concentration camps are offended by the theory that the Holocaust was a hoax. As I stated earlier my dad worked for Martin Marietta during the height of the space race and I can guarantee you that he wasn't a part of some grand conspiracy. We did fly and land on the spherical moon. It happened. I can assure you of that.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
You're "leading the witness", just make your point.

--Dave
My point is this: if the sun/moon rises/sets on the horizon, and you're up in a plane, or on a mountain, it would be very clear that the earth is a sphere, not flat, because you would see it sinking, not getting farther away.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
By the way it's 3:22PM and the sun is still well above the horizon here in Colorado. It's day time!

But my brother lives in Jacksonville Florida and the sun has set behind the horizon and it's now night time!

If the earth is not spherical why wouldn't the sun set at the same moment for both of us?

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I kinda wish there were two different threads... one for the flat earth theory and one for the moon landing theory.

The assertion that we didn't land on the moon is offensive to me in a similar way that the relatives of Jews who died in concentration camps are offended by the theory that the Holocaust was a hoax. As I stated earlier my dad worked for Martin Marietta during the height of the space race and I can guarantee you that he wasn't a part of some grand conspiracy. We did fly and land on the spherical moon. It happened. I can assure you of that.

There is a great deal of doubt about the moon landings, it has to be looked at. But that's not to say that all people who worked for NASA or with a company that was involved in the Apollo project like your Dad were part of a cover up. I certainly wish no personal disrespect toward you or your family by this debate.

--Dave

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
There is a great deal of doubt about the moon landings, it has to be looked at. But that's not to say that all people who worked for NASA or with a company that was involved in the Apollo project like your Dad were part of a cover up. I certainly wish no personal disrespect toward you or your family by this debate.

--Dave
You may want to read this before saying there's lots of evidence the moon landing was faked.
http://kgov.com/moon-landing-conspiracy-hoax-refuted

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
By the way it's 3:22PM and the sun is still well above the horizon here in Colorado. It's day time!

But my brother lives in Jacksonville Florida and the sun has set behind the horizon and it's now night time!

If the earth is not spherical why wouldn't the sun set at the same moment for both of us?

If the sun were millions of miles away you would be correct with this point. But the sun is not this huge sphere millions of miles away in the flat model. Both models fulfill the same effect that you describe but on different terms of the suns size and distance from the earth. So this argument is one which does not solve the issue one way or another.

--Dave

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
If the sun were millions of miles away you would be correct with this point. But the sun is not this huge sphere millions of miles away in the flat model. Both models fulfill the same effect that you describe but on different terms of the suns size and distance from the earth. So this argument is one which does not solve the issue one way or another.

--Dave
Which brings me back to my previous questions:
So you're saying that if we have a strong enough telescope, we would see someone across the ocean, but we can't see, because of distance and angle, the sun or moon, let alone the North Star, when it's not above us?

Dave, how high up off the ground are:
1. The sun?
2. The moon?
3. The North Star?
4. The Southern Cross? (See my above post.)

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
My point is this: if the sun/moon rises/sets on the horizon, and you're up in a plane, or on a mountain, it would be very clear that the earth is a sphere, not flat, because you would see it sinking, not getting farther away.

I have not observed that myself so I have no answer for your point.

But I have observed how flat the earth looks and that the horizon is always level which is one of the reasons I have taken a serious interest in this.

--Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.