The Falling Away

OCTOBER23

The Falling Away

People think that The Falling Away is an Apostasy of the Church.

But to me it describes the Antichrist who falls away from the Peace Treaty Agreement.

Your Thoughts.:chew:

2 Thessalonians 2:1 ¶ Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ,

and by our gathering together unto him,

2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit,

nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.

2 Thessalonians 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come,

except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Apostasy in Islam is commonly defined as the conscious abandonment of Islam by a Muslim in word or through deed. It includes the act of converting to another religion, by a person who was born in a Muslim family or who had previously accepted Islam.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
The Falling Away

But to me it describes the Antichrist who falls away from the Peace Treaty Agreement.

2 Thessalonians 2:1 ¶ Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ,

2 Thessalonians 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come,

except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Apostasy in Islam is commonly defined as the conscious abandonment of Islam by a Muslim in word or through deed. It includes the act of converting to another religion, by a person who was born in a Muslim family or who had previously accepted Islam.

you're all about a peace treaty - tell us more about it. who is involved, when will it be and every detail about the treaty. who, what, where, whe, how, etc.

OCTOBER23

PATRICK&JANE asked,

a peace treaty - tell us more about it. who is involved, when will it be and every detail about the treaty. who, what, where, when, how, etc.
--------------------------------
1. Before September of 2017 there will be a Mideast War
where Israel will fight against Iran, Syria and Egypt and will WiN Territory.

2. Israel will gain land and the Mineral and Oil and Gas Wealth .

3. A Peace Treaty will be Proposed and a Leader from Turkey will make it Firm and Strong.

4. 31/2 years later the Temple is Built and just before Satan is Cast down
the Philadelphian Church is Raptured up to the New Jerusalem and Educated in how Jesus wants His Government Managed on the Earth (Rev 3 & 12) .

5. Just after Satan is Cast down and the Laodicean (Lukewarm) Church is persecuted , it is Raptured. (Rev 3 & 12) Later both churches come down
and reign with JESUS for a 1000 years.

Danoh

PATRICK&JANE asked,

a peace treaty - tell us more about it. who is involved, when will it be and every detail about the treaty. who, what, where, when, how, etc.

3. A Peace Treaty will be Proposed and a Leader from Turkey will make it Firm and Strong.

the Philadelphian Church is Raptured up to the New Jerusalem and Educated in how Jesus wants His Government Managed on the Earth (Rev 3 & 12) .

5. Just after Satan is Cast down and the Laodicean (Lukewarm) Church is persecuted , it is Raptured. (Rev 3 & 12) Later both churches come down

Wasn't that a movie - The Three Stooges Meet The Antichrist, or something?

Gidget Goes Jerusalem?

Abbot and Costello Meet _______?

fzappa13

The Falling Away

Reading the rest of the chapter it appears that this falling away describes a people who will believe the man of sin and because they have no love of the truth God Himself will aid in their deception.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
PATRICK&JANE asked,

Which is worse? You or Harold Camping? I don't much care for
phony "Prophets" or "Nostradamus types" You're one of those
"Knuckleheads." You can's tell the future. Get yourself a Chrystal
Ball and join a "Band of Gypsies."

Danoh

Reading the rest of the chapter it appears that this falling away describes a people who will believe the man of sin and because they have no love of the truth God Himself will aid in their deception.

John 5:46-47; John 5:43; Dan. 11:37; Acts 7:52-53; Dan. 11:31-32.

disturbo

BANNED
Banned
The Falling Away

Very few Christians understand 'apostasy.' You are correct that apostasy has absolutely NOTHING to do with the Church, but has all to do with the followers of the beast which are ISLAMIC!

From the word 'except' in verse 3c, to the end of verse 12, the church is not implied in any way. In fact the words "but we" in verse 13 prove that the church is not part of the apostasy! The word but is a conjunction that shows distinction and opposition to a previous statement. It opposes persons to persons or things previously mentioned or thought of. The distinction in this passage is between the followers of Christ as opposed to the man of sin and his followers. The church is not implied whatsoever.

There's no such thing as a peace treaty, and there's no need for a temple to be rebuilt.

Danoh

Very few Christians understand 'apostasy.' You are correct that apostasy has absolutely NOTHING to do with the Church, but has all to do with the followers of the beast which are ISLAMIC!

From the word 'except' in verse 3c, to the end of verse 12, the church is not implied in any way. In fact the words "but we" in verse 13 prove that the church is not part of the apostasy! The word but is a conjunction that shows distinction and opposition to a previous statement. It opposes persons to persons or things previously mentioned or thought of. The distinction in this passage is between the followers of Christ as opposed to the man of sin and his followers. The church is not implied whatsoever.

There's no such thing as a peace treaty, and there's no need for a temple to be rebuilt.

Thanks for the relevant passages :bang:

disturbo

BANNED
Banned
Thanks for the relevant passages :bang:

There are no relevant passages.

This word apostasy in 2 Thes. 2 is unique since that's the only place the word 'forsake' is translated 'falling away.' The only other place it's used is in Acts 21:21 where it IS translated forsake. There really isn't any other place we can go in the bible to understand it. Since the reformation, interpreters have missed the mark on this one. They've attributed this apostasy to the Church because of their unfavorable opinion of Rome.

glorydaz

I don't know about that, although I'd like to think on it. But, have you ever heard the number 666 is easily recognizable to Arabs as meaning "In the name of Allah"? I find that pretty interesting.

disturbo

BANNED
Banned
I don't know about that, although I'd like to think on it. But, have you ever heard the number 666 is easily recognizable to Arabs as meaning "In the name of Allah"? I find that pretty interesting.

I'm aware of it. I have a bible prophecy based anti-Islamic web site.

Read 2 Thes. 2 and look at it well. The church is NOT even remotely implied between verse 3c and 12...

2 Thessalonians 2:1 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,
2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.
3a Let no man deceive you by any means: 3b for that day shall not come, 3c except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?
6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.
7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.
8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders.
10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth.

Danoh

There are no relevant passages.

This word apostasy in 2 Thes. 2 is unique since this is the only place the word 'forsake' is translated 'falling away.' The only other place it's used is in Acts 21:21 where it IS translated forsake. There really isn't any other place we can go in the bible to understand it. Since the reformation, interpreters have missed the mark on this one. They've attributed this apostasy to the Church because of their unfavorable opinion of Rome.

The North American word "Cop" originates in the word "Copper." Which in turn originates in a part of a "Copper's" uniform.

At another point in North American history, the phrase "drop a dime" referred to "calling the cops on someone."

This was back when there were public phones everywhere, and a call cost a dime.

Later "dropping a dime" referred to "taking an acid trip."

Words derive their meaning from within the overall, particular culture in which they are used.

Get in the culture of Scripture - not in the culture in which Scripture at times finds itself in, rather; in its own - in "the things of God" and you find way more than just a word or two.

Case in point, the passages I cited above - every single one of them is the issue of apostasy - though not one of them uses that exact word.

Its all there. All of it there; yours ...on a dime...

disturbo

BANNED
Banned
Case in point, the passages I cited above - every single one of them is the issue of apostasy - though not one of them uses that exact word.

The passages you cited have NOTHING to do with apostasy, which has nothing to do with the church. If you can show me in 2 Thes. 2 WHERE the church is implied I would agree with you but...

Christian's have the preconceived idea that apostasy is a defection from sound doctrinal truth. Christians say that the 'falling away' is a falling away from faith or truth in Yeshua. They associate the word apostasia with similar English words like fall away, fallen away, draw away, etc. and believe they mean the the same thing. Problem is they are different words with completely different meanings that have nothing to do with apostasy.

Falling away is a poor English translation of the word apostasia. The word 'apostasia,' interpreted "falling away," comes from a word meaning a 'divorce' or to defect and to abandon something. It is not being lukewarm or backslidden and has nothing to do with spiritual condition of a church or lack of devotion of an individual. It is not false doctrine or heresy. Apostasy will have nothing to do with the end-time church.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
The Falling Away

The context of John of Patmos's Revelation was a horrific political and religious persecution of Christians and churches. Nero ("the Beast") was killing and crucifying thousands of people. Paul and Peter would be executed sometime in the 60s.

The biblical book reflects the world as it was then. Rome was Babylon and Jesus would slay the unbelievers.

Revelation is an example of "the apocalyptic." This genre of writing was a common occurrence in religions of all stripes.

It is a type of prophetical writing that developed in post-Exilic Jewish culture. And Christian millennialists. It's all about visions of the end times as revealed by an angel or other heavenly messenger. It occurred from the centuries after the exile to the end of the Middle Ages.

Danoh

The passages you cited have NOTHING to do with apostasy, which has nothing to do with the church. If you can show me in 2 Thes. 2 WHERE the church is implied I would agree with you but...

Christian's have the preconceived idea that apostasy is a defection from sound doctrinal truth. Christians say that the 'falling away' is a falling away from faith or truth in Yeshua. They associate the word apostasia with similar English words like fall away, fallen away, draw away, etc. and believe they mean the the same thing. Problem is they are different words with completely different meanings that have nothing to do with apostasy.

Falling away is a poor English translation of the word apostasia. The word 'apostasia,' interpreted "falling away," comes from a word meaning a 'divorce' or to defect and to abandon something. It is not being lukewarm or backslidden and has nothing to do with spiritual condition of a church or lack of devotion of an individual. It is not false doctrine or heresy. Apostasy will have nothing to do with the end-time church.

And where in my post did I mention "the church"?

OCTOBER23

NICK GROSS

Revelation 19:10 ......the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

1 Timothy 4:14 Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy

2 Peter 1:19 We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts: