• This is a new section being rolled out to attract people interested in exploring the origins of the universe and the earth from a biblical perspective. Debate is encouraged and opposing viewpoints are welcome to post but certain rules must be followed. 1. No abusive tagging - if abusive tags are found - they will be deleted and disabled by the Admin team 2. No calling the biblical accounts a fable - fairy tale ect. This is a Christian site, so members that participate here must be respectful in their disagreement.

The false dichotomy.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
It is nonsense to surmise that matter and energy created themselves with no help from God.
It is nonsense to surmise that matter and energy created themselves at all! God did not HELP matter and energy to create themselves. God created them both - period.

oatmeal

Many times people have insisted on one of two beliefs.

1. A belief in a specific literal interpretation of the first chapter of Genesis.

2. A belief in some form of Evolution.

This is a false dichotomy. I don't believe in either of these.

I believe the first chapter of Genesis is about God speaking the world into existence, creating order from chaos. And I believe this may have happened over 7 days. However, I am also open to the idea that the days mentioned were not suppose to be literal 24 hour days. However, I don't believe as some Calvinists do that God created everything in one simple action.

Regardless, I don't believe anything coming from evolution which claims to know what supposedly happened a billion years ago. From my point of view everything which comes from evolution is fantasy science fiction. They haven't been able to replicate anything they claim and they also cannot make predictions.

A replication would be take an ape and evolve a human from it. Or take a fish and evolve a lizard or a bird. They can't do it. They commonly list some silly fruit fly experiment or the like which does not even close to proving what they are actually saying is true.

The next test is prediction. This is easy. Tell us the next disease which will infect humans and go ahead and have the cure ready while you are at it. What? Can't do that? Don't tell me you are going to ramble on like a TV psychic saying things which may come true and pointing out only those that do while ignoring your failures? Oh, that is how you plan on doing your "predictions". Weathermen are better at predicting things.

Evolution is the most popular pseudoscience like Scientology and shouldn't even be called an hypothesis. An hypothesis can be tested, while evolution can only be believed. The sole purpose of evolution is to take God out of the equation.
The idea of 6 days of creation is not substantiated by the record in the Genesis 1

If we actually believe God knows what he is talking about and that he can pick his vocabulary accurately we will read that God did not create on every day otherwise he would have said he created on every day he does not say he created every day

marke

It is nonsense to surmise that matter and energy created themselves at all! God did not HELP matter and energy to create themselves. God created them both - period.
I tend to agree.
What you said does not make sense. Believing in BOTH would be impossible because one would cancel out the other.

But believing in one OR the other is fine. Believing in one OR the other is not a false dichotomy

Me, I reject the first one and believe the second one.
Evolution is riddled with contradictions to science while the truth about creation is not.