ECT The Good News - Free Issue of TableTalk Magazine

Doom

The fact that apologetics is not the gospel hardly equates to apologetics being "anti-Christ." Care to explain?
Sure. The gospel message concerns Christ, the cross, burial, and resurrection.

"And when I came to you, brethren, I did not come with superiority of speech or of wisdom, proclaiming to you the testimony of God. For I determined to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ, and Him crucified. I was with you in weakness and in fear and in much trembling, and my message and my preaching were not in persuasive words of wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power, so that your faith would not rest on the wisdom of men, but on the power of God."

Cruciform

Sure. The gospel message concerns Christ, the cross, burial, and resurrection.

"And when I came to you, brethren, I did not come with superiority of speech or of wisdom, proclaiming to you the testimony of God. For I determined to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ, and Him crucified. I was with you in weakness and in fear and in much trembling, and my message and my preaching were not in persuasive words of wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power, so that your faith would not rest on the wisdom of men, but on the power of God."
Again: The fact that apologetics is not the gospel hardly equates to apologetics being "anti-Christ." Care to explain the non sequitur?

Cruciform

I just did. Using apologetics is against (anti) preaching Christ.
That's what you got from Paul's statement? Please explain your interpretation on this point, especially since Paul elsewhere also engages in an apology ("defense") of the gospel that he preached. In short, Paul himself engaged in apologetics.

Doom

That's what you got from Paul's statement? Please explain your interpretation on this point, especially since Paul elsewhere also engages in an apology ("defense") of the gospel that he preached. In short, Paul himself engaged in apologetics.
Apologetics is not a defense of the gospel.

Lon

Fixed it for you.
I didn't see anything fixed :idunno:

I just did. Using apologetics is against (anti) preaching Christ.
So is South Park, but it doesn't keep you from using it. You are regurgitating doctrinal bias, not discussing intelligent Christianity. If you want to be a caricature of MAD theology and simply knee-jerk against Calvinism, you are doing an AWESOME job of it.

If you were 'predestined' to be a troll, don't worry about it. You can't help it, ELSE your wrong view of predestination is wrong. You WERE predestined to be this shallow BUT for a reason of God's choosing, nor your own as you probably supposed:

Either to learn from it and change OR to be an example for others to avoid.

You DO get to decide how you will respond to this post AND you are right, God already knows how you chose before you choose so your response was predestined regardless of your mocking what you obviously don't understand.

That you don't get it, is more than evident. Calvinists see these kinds of responses as both shallow and not worth thier time because it is juvenille Christianity and thinking. It happens a LOT on TOL so no surprise and you are well under par if you are keeping score. :up: I am trying here without being as vitriolic as it may sound, to get you to 1) realize you are being shallow and 2) to hopefully give you an opportunity for self-reflection and 3) perhaps to open up dialogue that you've not been open to participating in up until this point in time.

Your god is already little, and I am indeed an atheist to your god.
"Our God" I would fix that. As much as you might complain, He is yet "Our." Little individuals without degrees don't get to speak for the rest of MAD, let alone the rest of Christianity. That's cult thinking/mentality.

Again, not trying to make you angry or upset, just trying to let you know you have stepped way outside the bounds of your authority and/or ability to support any semblance of reason or truth.

"I hate Calvinism" screams loud and clear, but that's all you can really say in a thread like this, at this venture. That's the only premise I'm getting from you. Again, there are a LOT of others on TOL that are this two-dimensional so you at least have company, if not the most hospitable or good company.

Doom

So much, therefore, for your claim in Post #8.
No dummy, so much for your claim that apologetics is a presentation of the gospel, it's not. Paul said so, but you don't believe Paul, so I don't expect you'd accept it from me either.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned

So is South Park, but it doesn't keep you from using it. You are regurgitating doctrinal bias, not discussing intelligent Christianity. If you want to be a caricature of MAD theology and simply knee-jerk against Calvinism, you are doing an AWESOME job of it.

If you were 'predestined' to be a troll, don't worry about it. You can't help it, ELSE your wrong view of predestination is wrong. You WERE predestined to be this shallow BUT for a reason of God's choosing, nor your own as you probably supposed:

Either to learn from it and change OR to be an example for others to avoid.

You DO get to decide how you will respond to this post AND you are right, God already knows how you chose before you choose so your response was predestined regardless of your mocking what you obviously don't understand.

That you don't get it, is more than evident. Calvinists see these kinds of responses as both shallow and not worth thier time because it is juvenille Christianity and thinking. It happens a LOT on TOL so no surprise and you are well under par if you are keeping score. :up: I am trying here without being as vitriolic as it may sound, to get you to 1) realize you are being shallow and 2) to hopefully give you an opportunity for self-reflection and 3) perhaps to open up dialogue that you've not been open to participating in up until this point in time.

"Our God" I would fix that. As much as you might complain, He is yet "Our." Little individuals without degrees don't get to speak for the rest of MAD, let alone the rest of Christianity. That's cult thinking/mentality.

Again, not trying to make you angry or upset, just trying to let you know you have stepped way outside the bounds of your authority and/or ability to support any semblance of reason or truth.

"I hate Calvinism" screams loud and clear, but that's all you can really say in a thread like this, at this venture. That's the only premise I'm getting from you. Again, there are a LOT of others on TOL that are this two-dimensional so you at least have company, if not the most hospitable or good company.

The Bible is a closed book to the Reprobates

Doom

Are all reformers as blind as you?

So is South Park, but it doesn't keep you from using it.
It's a statement of standing against Islamic terrorism. See Here

You are regurgitating doctrinal bias, not discussing intelligent Christianity.
Calvinism is not Christian. Not even close. They deny the most basic tenet of the faith - Jesus died for OUR sins.

If you want to be a caricature of MAD theology and simply knee-jerk against Calvinism, you are doing an AWESOME job of it.
You have no gospel, and there is nothing "knee-jerk" about it.

Your attempts to justify your dead religion in the eyes of others means nothing to me. I am indeed predestined to be what Christ chose me to be when I was baptized by the Holy Spirit into His Body. It's a gift I received, when I believed the gospel. Calvinists (you) don't receive that gift, so they boast in an elitist "position" that they alone consider. God does not know them at all.

(see above)

That you don't get it, is more than evident. Calvinists see these kinds of responses as both shallow and not worth thier time because it is juvenille Christianity and thinking.
:yawn:
It happens a LOT on TOL so no surprise and you are well under par if you are keeping score. :up: I am trying here without being as vitriolic as it may sound, to get you to 1) realize you are being shallow and 2) to hopefully give you an opportunity for self-reflection and 3) perhaps to open up dialogue that you've not been open to participating in up until this point in time.
You're an arrogant idiot.

Little individuals without degrees don't get to speak for the rest of MAD, let alone the rest of Christianity.
I am in Christ, you are not, so there's that.

"For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

Now we (not you) have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God."

You've never known the Truth.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Lon

Are all reformers as blind as you?
Naw, let's not. Not after this:
Doom Neg Rep: You're an arrogant hell-bound, demon worshiping, pervert.

You don't know me. Not even a little bit. I've never even watched SouthPark. It is offensive to me, and I believe, My God. "I" think it is 'arrogant' and 'hell-bound' and 'demon-worshipping' and 'perverted.'

But that's just me. Your words nor neg rep mean a whole lot to me given our "likes" and "dislikes." Way to sin like a rebel :up: Martin Luther told Christians to sin boldly. The difference? I didn't take him seriously and you did.

Fire-insurance.......isn't. Love God, don't just want His Salvation and then be done with Him.

<--See my motto? Grow up and stop being a child. You need your mouth washed out with soap.

It isn't just MADists that get it 'right' or aren't going to hell. That's your only lesson from me today. Get that through your thick head else you are just another cultic heretic.

You came in here attacking, not sharing the gospel the way you understand that. You've got a lot of long hard soul-searching to do. I'll leave you to it. You are going on ignore now. I don't need "Doom" between God and man.
"I hate Calvinism" screams loud and clear, but that's all you can really say
:wave:

Doom

You don't know me. Not even a little bit.
More evidence of your ignorance.
I've never even watched SouthPark.
And yet, you foolishly state...
It is offensive to me, and I believe, My God. "I" think it is 'arrogant' and 'hell-bound' and 'demon-worshipping' and 'perverted.'
Only a complete fool would call something offensive they have "never watched".

And btw... I've NEVER, EVER, seen a single episode, nor do I even know what "South Park" is, and I have no idea if it is "offensive" or not. Had you followed the link I shared, you might GET A FREAKING CLUE, about why it is my avatar. In fact, you might find it to be a good reason for you to do the same. But, I doubt a self-righteous imbecile, such as yourself, would dare to look into the truth, since you NEVER have.

Fire-insurance.......isn't. Love God, don't just want His Salvation and then be done with Him.
You are a brainless fool who knows nothing of what you speak. You didn't even begin to address my post with a smidgen of intelligent thought or consideration for what I said. I'd tell you to go to hell, but you're already there.

It isn't just MADists that get it 'right' or aren't going to hell. That's your only lesson from me today. Get that through your thick head else you are just another cultic heretic.
Calling me a "heretic" from a prig like you, who denies that Jesus died for OUR sins, is just silly, and completely without merit.

You are going on ignore now.
Well of course you will. You have totally ignored the Holy Spirit your whole life, so why start listening to someone that is indwelt by Him.

Lon

I looked for two seconds just in case you were going to share the Good News that Christ died to save sinners and that all who believe will be saved. I was disappointed. :( It's found in Romans if someone wants to double-check me on it.

I'm fairly sure Romans 10:9-10 precludes any Tom Dick or Harry from trying to say who is or isn't a Christian. ALL who call on the name of the Lord will be saved. Let's let the Lord tell us who is and isn't His own? That's the same thing I told you twice now that I'd leave you with. If you ever want to apologize for wicked accusation and behavior, let someone know. Your reps don't show up after you are on ignore, but I'm sincere in this offer. Let me know if you are ever willing to make this right.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
I'll take a look.
reading%20book.gif

Doom

I looked for two seconds just in case you were going to share the Good News that Christ died to save sinners and that all who believe will be saved. I was disappointed. :( It's found in Romans if someone wants to double-check me on it.

I'm fairly sure Romans 10:9-10 precludes any Tom Dick or Harry from trying to say who is or isn't a Christian. ALL who call on the name of the Lord will be saved. Let's let the Lord tell us who is and isn't His own? That's the same thing I told you twice now that I'd leave you with. If you ever want to apologize for wicked accusation and behavior, let someone know. Your reps don't show up after you are on ignore, but I'm sincere in this offer. Let me know if you are ever willing to make this right.
If anyone owes an apology, it would be you, not me. You, are the one who made a broad leap in judgment and accusations. You are still a fool, and now anyone who has glanced at our exchange knows it.

God knows who are His, because they have believed the gospel, which you CANNOT believe, since you have already "elected" to believe that Jesus did not die for OUR sins. You cannot claim that he died for your sins, and at the same time claim that he did not die for the sins of your neighbor. To do so, is to call His sacrifice a sham.