Theology Club: The Grace History Project

glorydaz

I applaud you for speaking up.

She is not alone.

You're mama raised you right! And I couldn't agree more.

:cheers:

Jerry doesn't want to study, he wants to soapbox.
Several of us want to study and explore scripture without a preconceived script to follow. And that's all Jerry wants to do, is follow a preconceived script, his own preconceived script. And if everyone else doesn't follow his own preconceived script, he gets easily lost in the conversation and turns into nothing but a noisy disruption of clanking bells and whistles.

It wouldn't be so bad if he didn't adulterate so many good worthwhile threads....it's like having the same old annoying commercials interrupting the regular programing and no way to fast forward past them. :nono:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What was the last sin you committed, Jerry?

All you are doing is changing the subject in the hope that no one will notice that you actually refused to answer my questions about what the Lord Jesus said here:

"Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life" (Jn.5:24).​

Do you believe that the Jews who lived under the law were saved by faith alone and their works had nothing to do with their salvation?

Or perhaps your spiritual I.Q. is too low to be able to understand what He said?

Does your mommy know that you are playing with her computer?

Why do you refuse to answer my question? What are you afraid of?

(This is fun.)

Jerry Shugart

My mother passed away years ago, you pig.

S9rry to hear that. But that does not give you the right to call me a "pig."

You just don't like me because I expose the fact that you are unable to understand what the Scriptures teach. For instance, let's look at the words of the Paul here spoken to the Jews who lived under the law:

"Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all" (Ro.4:4).​

Here we can see that the Jews who lived under the law were saved by grace through faith. And if their salvation depended on doing works then that salvation cannot be described as being by grace:

"Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt" (Ro.4:4).​

So will you admit that "works" played no part in the salvation of the Jews who lived under the law?

Jerry Shugart

You're right. He's completely clueless.

It is you who is clueless and it is evident because you run and hide from my remarks about what you said here:

Your second is not understanding that sin is transgression of the law and we are no longer under the law but under grace.

We are not under law as far as our righteousness before God is concerned:

"For Christ is the end of law for righteousness to every one that believeth" (Ro.10:4).​

If Paul didn't think that Christians were dead to sin since they are not under law then it would make no sense for him to say this to Christians:

"Put to death, therefore, whatever belongs to your earthly nature: sexual immorality, impurity, lust, evil desires and greed, which is idolatry" (Col.3:5).​

According to you all of those sins were put to death when these believers were saved. So tell me how those sins can be put to death since, according to you, they were put to death when those people were saved.

And you failed to answer this verse:

"Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthinesss of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God" (2 Cor.7:1).​

If a person is dead to sin or incapable of sinning once he is saved then explain what the source of his filthiness is at 2 Corinthians 7:1.

You are clueless and you cannot answer my points and that is why you run and hide from them.

Jerry Shugart

What was the last sin you committed, Jerry?

I answered you so why don't you answer my question in regard to what the Lord Jesus said here to the Jews who lived under the law?:

"Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life" (Jn.5:24).​

Do you believe that the Jews who lived under the law were saved by faith alone and their works had nothing to do with their salvation?

Jerry Shugart

Can't wait til Jerry is either banned forever, gets a life, or drops dead.

You are out of control and obviously in need of professional help.

I will no longer respond to anything new which you say because my remarks just make your condition worse.

I pray in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ that you will seek help.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
The last time I sinned was today when I got angry because certain people on this tread continued to call me bad names.

getting angry is a personal, internal thing. anger in itself is not a sin jerry. calm down, count to 70 X 7 and take a nap. only you can let something anger you. let it go and be groovy - :patrol:

DAN P

I answered you so why don't you answer my question in regard to what the Lord Jesus said here to the Jews who lived under the law?:

Hi , Jerry and it is a moot question since the Gospels and Pentecost have been set aside and you should believe and know that !!

The Greek word " is Passed is in the Greek PERFECT TENSE so explain that verb ?

dan p

Jerry Shugart

Hi , Jerry and it is a moot question since the Gospels and Pentecost have been set aside and you should believe and know that !!

The Greek word " is Passed is in the Greek PERFECT TENSE so explain that verb ?

No, it is not a moot question because those in the Psuedo-MAD camp teach that the Jews who lived under the law had to believe and do works.

Perhaps you will answer the question: