The "Jesus" actually PREACHED in Scripture

Dartman

Matt 24:24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

2 Cor 11:3-4 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. 4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

The Christian is warned repeatedly, to be VERY careful which "Jesus", which "Christ" they accept.

Paul's instructions are specific, do NOT "bear with" ANY "Jesus" the apostles DID NOT PREACH.

So, with that instruction in mind, let's look at the "Jesus" actually PREACHED, (an explanation given to an audience), in Scriptures.

Here is the first text.

Luke 4:16-24 And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read.
17 And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written,
18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because He hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; He hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,
19 To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.
20 And he closed the book, and he gave it again to the minister, and sat down. And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on him.
21 And he began to say unto them, This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears.
22 And all bare him witness, and wondered at the gracious words which proceeded out of his mouth. And they said, Is not this Joseph's son?
23 And he said unto them, Ye will surely say unto me this proverb, Physician, heal thyself: whatsoever we have heard done in Capernaum, do also here in thy country.
24 And he said, Verily I say unto you, No prophet is accepted in his own country.

In this sermon, Jesus explains how he is the fulfillment of Isaiah's prophecy THAT DAY. Earlier Luke had recorded that Jesus was baptized, was anointed with his God's spirit, and THEN was "sent" into the world.
Jesus specifically refers to himself as a prophet.

The audience didn't handle this information very well, and dragged Jesus out of town to throw him off the hill.

As we go through this study, if anyone spots a point I have missed, please point it out.

Dartman

Possibly some of the most clear preaching, from the basis of a simple, straightforward explanation of Jesus, is found in the Book of Acts.

Here is the first sermon preached by the "eye witnesses" of Christ's ministry;

Acts 2:22-40
22 Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:
23 Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:
24 Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it.
25 For David speaketh concerning him, I foresaw the Lord always before my face, for he is on my right hand, that I should not be moved:
26 Therefore did my heart rejoice, and my tongue was glad; moreover also my flesh shall rest in hope:
27 Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.
28 Thou hast made known to me the ways of life; thou shalt make me full of joy with thy countenance.
29 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.
30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;
31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.
32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.
33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.
34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,
35 Until I make thy foes thy footstool.
36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.
37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.

The "Jesus" preached here is "a man". A man approved of God, and the evidence of that approval was the miracles and wonders and signs that God did by him.
Clearly, Jesus is not God, Jesus is a man God approved of.

Dartman

In the very next chapter Peter gets the opportunity to preach "Jesus" again;

Acts 3:12-26 And when Peter saw it, he answered unto the people, Ye men of Israel, why marvel ye at this? or why look ye so earnestly on us, as though by our own power or holiness we had made this man to walk?
13 The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob, the God of our fathers, hath glorified His Son Jesus; whom ye delivered up, and denied him in the presence of Pilate, when he was determined to let him go.
14 But ye denied the Holy One and the Just, and desired a murderer to be granted unto you;
15 And killed the Prince of life, whom God hath raised from the dead; whereof we are witnesses.
16 And his name through faith in his name hath made this man strong, whom ye see and know: yea, the faith which is by him hath given him this perfect soundness in the presence of you all.
17 And now, brethren, I wot that through ignorance ye did it, as did also your rulers.
18 But those things, which God before had shewed by the mouth of all his prophets, that Christ should suffer, he hath so fulfilled.
19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;
20 And He shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:
21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.
22 For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you.
23 And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people.
24 Yea, and all the prophets from Samuel and those that follow after, as many as have spoken, have likewise foretold of these days.
25 Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed.
26 Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.

Notice, Peter's endorsement of "The God of our fathers". As Jesus told the Samaritan woman, "You worship you know not what, WE know what WE worship, for salvation is of the JEWS". The Jews have NEVER been trinitarian! And yet Jesus makes it clear, and Peter also makes it clear;
They knew God.

The constant theme in these sermons is "God raised His son from the dead". There are MANY texts that state this clearly.

Jesus DID PHYSICALLY stand back up after his God raised him from the dead;
John 2:19-22 Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up. 20 Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days? 21 But he spake of the temple of his body. 22 When therefore he was risen from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this unto them; and they believed the scripture, and the word which Jesus had said.

Jesus also picked up his life after his God had resurrected him from the dead;

John 10:17-18 Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again. 18 No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

So, it's obvious Jesus didn't resurrect himself, instead his God raised him from the dead, and Jesus THEN stood up, walked out of the tomb, and picked up his life again.

Jesus has been granted to ascend to his God, where he will remain UNTIL God "sends" Jesus back to the earth, and Jesus then initiates the LITERAL Kingdom, the restoration of Israel, and governing the nations.

Jesus was part of the Mosaic Law .... in that Jehovah promised ANOTHER lawgiver, like Moses, from a descendant of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

Dartman

Here is a short sermon, preached by Peter to his Jewish accusers;

Acts 5:29-33 Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men.
30 The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom ye slew and hanged on a tree.
31 Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.
32 And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.
33 When they heard that, they were cut to the heart, and took counsel to slay them.

Once again, the endorsement of the God of the OT, and attributing to Him that He "raised up Jesus", that the Jews killed Jesus (and God cannot die), and that God "exalted" ... .which means "to elevate" ..... from a young man from Nazareth, to "a Prince and a Savior". Clearly not a "Pre-existent deity".

Dartman

The next sermons are fairly brief, and more of a summary, than a detailed account of what was preached;

Acts 8:12 But when they believed Philip preaching the good news about the kingdom of God and the name of Jesus Christ, they were being baptized, men and women alike.

Acts 8:29-40 Then the Spirit said to Philip, "Go up and join this chariot."
30 Philip ran up and heard him reading Isaiah the prophet, and said, "Do you understand what you are reading?"
31 And he said, "Well, how could I, unless someone guides me?" And he invited Philip to come up and sit with him.
32 Now the passage of Scripture which he was reading was this: "HE WAS LED AS A SHEEP TO SLAUGHTER; AND AS A LAMB BEFORE ITS SHEARER IS SILENT, SO HE DOES NOT OPEN HIS MOUTH.
33 "IN HUMILIATION HIS JUDGMENT WAS TAKEN AWAY; WHO WILL RELATE HIS GENERATION? FOR HIS LIFE IS REMOVED FROM THE EARTH."
34 The eunuch answered Philip and said, "Please tell me, of whom does the prophet say this? Of himself or of someone else?"
35 Then Philip opened his mouth, and beginning from this Scripture he preached Jesus to him.
36 As they went along the road they came to some water; and the eunuch said, "Look! Water! What prevents me from being baptized?"
37 And Philip said, "If you believe with all your heart, you may." And he answered and said, "I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God."
38 And he ordered the chariot to stop; and they both went down into the water, Philip as well as the eunuch, and he baptized him.
39 When they came up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord snatched Philip away; and the eunuch no longer saw him, but went on his way rejoicing.
40 But Philip found himself at Azotus, and as he passed through he kept preaching the gospel to all the cities until he came to Caesarea.

Acts 9:19-22 Now for several days he was with the disciples who were at Damascus,
20 and immediately he began to proclaim Jesus in the synagogues, saying, "He is the Son of God."
21 All those hearing him continued to be amazed, and were saying, "Is this not he who in Jerusalem destroyed those who called on this name, and who had come here for the purpose of bringing them bound before the chief priests?"
22 But Saul kept increasing in strength and confounding the Jews who lived at Damascus by proving that this Jesus is the Christ.

The truth confirmed is consistent, Jesus is the Christ, and he is the son of God. Glaringly absent is ANY mention of "Jesus is God" .... or ANY other tenet unique to trinity or oneness. Equally clear is the unshakable connection between "preaching Jesus" and water baptism.

Aimiel

The truth confirmed is consistent, Jesus is the Christ, and he is the son of God. Glaringly absent is ANY mention of "Jesus is God" .... or ANY other tenet unique to trinity or oneness. Equally clear is the unshakable connection between "preaching Jesus" and water baptism.
The Truth about Jesus being God IS confirmed:

But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

We aren't filled with TWO Spirits, but only ONE: Christ. He IS The Holy Spirit.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

He sent the Holy Spirit.

Dartman

You are confused.

Jehovah/YHVH God GAVE Jesus God's own spirit,

John 3:34-35 For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him. 35 The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand.

Luke 4:18-19 The Spirit of the Lord (Jehovah) is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,

Dartman

Also be mindful of the preaching OF Jesus--not the preaching ABOUT Jesus.
Absolutely correct ..... but not the topic of Paul's instructions in 2 Cor 11:3-4. Paul specifically states "... another Jesus, whom WE have not preached ...".

THAT's the test for the REAL "Jesus", or "another Jesus".

Dartman

The next sermon/preaching we find is Peter's explanation of God's anointing of Jesus of Nazareth;

Acts 10:34-43 Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:35 But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.
36 The word which God sent unto the children of Israel, preaching peace by Jesus Christ: (he is Lord of all:)
37 That word, I say, ye know, which was published throughout all Judaea, and began from Galilee, after the baptism which John preached;
38 How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.
39 And we are witnesses of all things which he did both in the land of the Jews, and in Jerusalem; whom they slew and hanged on a tree:
40 Him God raised up the third day, and shewed him openly;
41 Not to all the people, but unto witnesses chosen before of God, even to us, who did eat and drink with him after he rose from the dead.
42 And he commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is he which was ordained of God to be the Judge of quick and dead.
43 To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.

Jesus recounted the details of his God sending him to preach peace after Jesus' baptism in water, and subsequent receipt of his God's spirit;

Luke 4:14-21 And Jesus returned in the power of the Spirit into Galilee: and there went out a fame of him through all the region round about.
15 And he taught in their synagogues, being glorified of all.
16 And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read.
17 And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written,
18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,
20 And he closed the book, and he gave it again to the minister, and sat down. And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on him.
21 And he began to say unto them, This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears.

Jesus was SENT by Jehovah/YHVH ... his God .... AFTER God gave His spirit to Jesus.

Jesus was sent from Nazareth into the world.

Apple7

So, with that instruction in mind, let's look at the "Jesus" actually PREACHED, (an explanation given to an audience), in Scriptures.

Here is the first text.

Luke 4:16-24 And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read.
18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because He hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; He hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,
22 And all bare him witness, and wondered at the gracious words which proceeded out of his mouth. And they said, Is not this Joseph's son?
23 And he said unto them, Ye will surely say unto me this proverb, Physician, heal thyself: whatsoever we have heard done in Capernaum, do also here in thy country.
24 And he said, Verily I say unto you, No prophet is accepted in his own country.

In this sermon, Jesus explains how he is the fulfillment of Isaiah's prophecy THAT DAY. Earlier Luke had recorded that Jesus was baptized, was anointed with his God's spirit, and THEN was "sent" into the world.
Jesus specifically refers to himself as a prophet.

The audience didn't handle this information very well, and dragged Jesus out of town to throw him off the hill.

As we go through this study, if anyone spots a point I have missed, please point it out.

Luke 4 records Jesus’ reading from Isaiah chapter 61, and applying it to Himself.

Isaiah 61 is one, of many, famous Trinitarian prophesies where the Second Person of The Trinity says that The First Person of The Trinity would send Him to be The Messiah, and that The First Person of The Trinity would, likewise, send The Third Person of The Trinity with The Messiah.

That The Son and The Holy Spirit are sent together is not surprising since The Son and The Holy Spirit are sent out singly, often (Isa 11.2; 34.16; 40.13; 42.1; 48.12 – 16; 59.20 – 21; 61.1 – 2; 63.10 – 14).

In Isa 61.8, the servant of Yahweh refers to Himself as Yahweh… ‘ For I, Yahweh, love judgment, hating plunder in burnt offering….’

The fact that Jesus applies Isaiah’s prophecy to Himself, therefore makes Himself The Person being ‘sent’ and who spoke in Isa 61.8 (and also Isa 48.16), irrefutably establishing Jesus as Yahweh.

Dartman

Luke 4 records Jesus’ reading from Isaiah chapter 61, and applying it to Himself.
Absolutely true.

A7 said:
Isaiah 61 is one, of many, famous Trinitarian prophesies where the Second Person of The Trinity says that The First Person of The Trinity would send Him to be The Messiah, and that The First Person of The Trinity would, likewise, send The Third Person of The Trinity with The Messiah.
Sorry, this is entirely fiction.

With the utter disrespect you show for the Scriptures you could pretend any verse said anything you like.

It's VERY dangerous usurping authority over God's words.

way 2 go

Matt 24:24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

2 Cor 11:3-4 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. 4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

The Christian is warned repeatedly, to be VERY careful which "Jesus", which "Christ" they accept.

yes we are warned to not listen to you as you preach a false jesus

Isa 9:6 For a Child is born; to us a Son is given; and the government is on His shoulder; and His name is called Wonderful, Counselor, The Mighty God, The Everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Act 20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

Paul's instructions are specific, do NOT "bear with" ANY "Jesus" the apostles DID NOT PREACH.

you are here seeking to make disciples of your false teaching
Act 20:29 I know that after my departure fierce wolves will come in among you, not sparing the flock;
Act 20:30 and from among your own selves will arise men speaking twisted things, to draw away the disciples after them.

Apple7

Once again, the endorsement of the God of the OT, and attributing to Him that He "raised up Jesus", that the Jews killed Jesus (and God cannot die), and that God "exalted" ... .which means "to elevate" ..... from a young man from Nazareth, to "a Prince and a Savior". Clearly not a "Pre-existent deity".

Incorrect.

Who raised Jesus from the dead?

• God the Father… Acts 3.26; Eph 1.15-20; Gal 1.1; 1 Thes 1.9-10
• God the Son…John 2.19-22; 10.17-18; Romans 6.4;
• God the Spirit…Romans 8.11; 1 Peter 3.18
• The Trinity…Romans 10.9; 1 Peter 1.20-21; Hebrews 13.20-21; 1 Cor 6.14; Col 2.11-12; Acts 2.23-24; 2.32; 3.14-15; 13.30-37