The Late Great Urantia Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So, rather than be instructed by those who know and love the Word of God, you turn to those who pervert it with teachings from familiar spirits.
She enjoys her perversion. She doesn't want the whole of God's word.

JosephR

concerning , PPS, glorydays and Aimel.. and GM of coarse He left us, and anyone else who gives freelight a hard time on here.

BTW HI Glorydays,your one of my favorite ppl ever :)

OK, I would just like to declare, as some seem to forget day to day, that freelight is not a fundamental Christian. He does preach "another" gospel then the one a Christian considers salvation and the life of the Lamb of God Our Lord Christ Jesus. And unless you are proclaiming the Gospel or witnessing to Him then He should be respected as a living human being and left alone, the term shake the dust off your feet comes to mind.Unless you can provide me scripture where a desiple was told to go and torment or harass sinners.
So then, declare Him a Demon if you must, a hell born and returning sinner if you will, but to keep on attacking should make you rethink your own faith in what you believe, for I tell you no ones role in the kingdom of God will be to whip those who wouldn't listen to you.
I have observed and participated in many conversations of and with freelight and have never once seen Him try to device or pervert the Gospel or hinder any Christians from worship.

It seems to me He is a free thinker and very knowledgeable of many religions and student of said institutions, so if you focus on only one that you hold disdane for,like UB, then you are using Him for a whipping child for your own out-lashes.

So grow up ppl and find your own demon, find the plank in your eye, and realize there is only one person in this life you have to figure out and he/she is the one right behind your eyes that is reading this :)

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
concerning , PPS, glorydays and Aimel.. and GM of coarse He left us, and anyone else who gives freelight a hard time on here.

BTW HI Glorydays,your one of my favorite ppl ever :)

OK, I would just like to declare, as some seem to forget day to day, that freelight is not a fundamental Christian. He does preach "another" gospel then the one a Christian considers salvation and the life of the Lamb of God Our Lord Christ Jesus. And unless you are proclaiming the Gospel or witnessing to Him then He should be respected as a living human being and left alone, the term shake the dust off your feet comes to mind.Unless you can provide me scripture where a desiple was told to go and torment or harass sinners.
So then, declare Him a Demon if you must, a hell born and returning sinner if you will, but to keep on attacking should make you rethink your own faith in what you believe, for I tell you no ones role in the kingdom of God will be to whip those who wouldn't listen to you.
I have observed and participated in many conversations of and with freelight and have never once seen Him try to device or pervert the Gospel or hinder any Christians from worship.

It seems to me He is a free thinker and very knowledgeable of many religions and student of said institutions, so if you focus on only one that you hold disdane for,like UB, then you are using Him for a whipping child for your own out-lashes.

So grow up ppl and find your own demon, find the plank in your eye, and realize there is only one person in this life you have to figure out and he/she is the one right behind your eyes that is reading this :)

Isn't it extremely ironic that you post this... to others? Odd.

And I think if you'll read my last three posts, you'll find I asked Zeke about his transition out of Christianity into Esotericism; and I challenged freelight in two posts at length on the topic he broached about textual criticism for sacred writings.

And there is appropriate grounds for the times which I've expounded at length on the heinous atrocity of freelight and others attempting to syncretize the Christian faith, which is the whole point, really.

Relativism, Pluralism, Subjectivism, and the attempts of Esotericists to engulf and encompass the Christian faith by forms and tacts of Syncretism are an outright frontal assault on the Faith, regardless of any practiced demeanor and constrained expression as feigned love and false humility.

And we have the freedom (yeah, even the responsibility to some degree) to respond to such efforts by others to minimize the faith by attempts of Inclusivism.

It's a form of passive Henotheism, just like all views of expected "tolerance" that are the height of INtolerance. It's a violation of Monotheism, and it's disquised under a cloak of the false attributes of what mimics the Christian faith.

It's Parallelism for the sake of dilution, and it's an agenda even if it's sub-conscious from deceived hearts and minds who don't know any better.

So I'd think it appropriate for you to take your own advise and leave others to determine for themselves how to post on topics and toward others. Freelight exhibits a rehearsed caution as behavior modification that is calculated even in its passivity to provoke. The provocation is the subject matter itself directed toward the true Monotheism of the Christian faith.

He depends upon it all being evasive Jell-O that can't often be nailed to the wall. But I spent a number of posts doing just that, even though he and certain of his "peers" and fanboys couldn't ever see it or admit it.

There is NO greater heap of chunked-up vomit than what he posts or how he posts it. Only the naive fall for his passive-aggressive tactics to be able to pander for a purported victim status. There is nothing whatsoever about freelight that is genuine OR enlightened. And no one is mandated to allow his drivel to be continuously unabated without responding.

He knows exactly what he's doing. And it's not innocuous in the least. There's a subtle insidiousness to such methodology. It's the modus operandi of certain factions of the occult, and you of all people should know that.

JosephR

Isn't it extremely ironic that you post this... to others? Odd.

Why? because I am blind as well?

And I think if you'll read my last three posts, you'll find I asked Zeke about his transition out of Christianity into Esotericism; and I challenged freelight in two posts at length on the topic he broached about textual criticism for sacred writings.
Zeke can see the light as plainly as you can..
And there is appropriate grounds for the times which I've expounded at length on the heinous atrocity of freelight and others attempting to syncretize the Christian faith, which is the whole point, really.
No there is not, you go on and on about translations and transliterations...
Relativism, Pluralism, Subjectivism, and the attempts of Esotericists to engulf and encompass the Christian faith by forms and tacts of Syncretism are an outright frontal assault on the Faith, regardless of any practiced demeanor and constrained expression as feigned love and false humility.
you have no right to call anything false,especially your fellow human brothers..
And we have the freedom (yeah, even the responsibility to some degree) to respond to such efforts by others to minimize the faith by attempts of Inclusivism.
you have do so, over and over again, well beyond the point of eccentric levels.
It's a form of passive Henotheism, just like all views of expected "tolerance" that are the height of INtolerance. It's a violation of Monotheism, and it's disquised under a cloak of the false attributes of what mimics the Christian faith.

Again, you do not speak for all Christians and freelight never claimed to be one.
It's Parallelism for the sake of dilution, and it's an agenda even if it's sub-conscious from deceived hearts and minds who don't know any better.
well said, now just apply it to your ego.
So I'd think it appropriate for you to take your own advise and leave others to determine for themselves how to post on topics and toward others. Freelight exhibits a rehearsed caution as behavior modification that is calculated even in its passivity to provoke. The provocation is the subject matter itself directed toward the true Monotheism of the Christian faith.

AGAIN, his caution is not your concern unless you are witnessing to Him.
He depends upon it all being evasive Jell-O that can't often be nailed to the wall. But I spent a number of posts doing just that, even though he and certain of his "peers" and fanboys couldn't ever see it or admit it.
Your being a busy body and prolly need a hoby or you could listen to your commands and go preach the Gospel.
There is NO greater heap of chunked-up vomit than what he posts or how he posts it. Only the naive fall for his passive-aggressive tactics to be able to pander for a purported victim status. There is nothing whatsoever about freelight that is genuine OR enlightened. And no one is mandated to allow his drivel to be continuously unabated without responding.
ego ,ego and more of your ego.
He knows exactly what he's doing. And it's not innocuous in the least. There's a subtle insidiousness to such methodology. It's the modus operandi of certain factions of the occult, and you of all people should know that.

Know this, anyone who decides to see light shall,just as you can, and woe to those who impose to take that away, for the maker of light will not be happy, and you will encase yourself in darkness in the process..

No go be well :)

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
Know this, anyone who decides to see light shall,just as you can, and woe to those who impose to take that away, for the maker of light will not be happy, and you will encase yourself in darkness in the process..

No go be well :)

FAIL.

Oh... and I preach and teach the Gospel in exhorbitant detail multiple times each week, including as a Prison Chaplain in extended sessions behind the gates and walls and razor wire. So... EPIC FAIL. And all this "choosing to see light" and "maker of light" drivel is just your own delusion of some false Universalist Esotericism, whatever it may be.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
missing the mark.......

missing the mark.......

What this demonstrates, though, is an utter lack of knowledge in the field of textual criticism. The Urantia Papers can't even begin to stand up to the rigorous scrutiny that the Christian canon has been subjected to, both from within and without the faith.

Higher (textual) criticism, as a formal segment in the field of study, may still deny veracity in many ways, but there are many caveats regarding inherent bias and methodology, etc. to return criticism. Higher criticism must begin with a negative predisposition and assertions demanding unreasonable alleged proofs.

Lower (textual) criticism, as the formal segment of that field of study, has proven quite consistent and concise in demonstrating all facets of consideration for validity according to UNrevised history on canonicity. Lower criticism begins with a neutral and unbiased examination that virtually universally yields unquestioned veracity for the existing canon and its rigorous processes.

The Urantia Book has no historical significance or veracity whatsoever. There can't even really BE a field of textual criticism regarding the Papers because they have NO precedent of the many factors that would be involved in any true and valid rigorous canonization process.

The entire thing is nothing BUT redaction of a variety of historical revisionist ways. To compare the "text" of the Urantia Book to the actual canon of Christian scripture is like apples and dumpsters, the latter being the UB.

You can't possibly be the remotest bit rational to even suggest such a comparison simply on the grounds that the UB refers to subject matter in the same general category. It's infinitely beyond laughable, and erodes your credibility to being negligible.

The Urantia Book has NO qualifications as a "sacred" writing. It could stand up to no more scrutiny than a series of novels compiled in aggregate. To even propose such a comparison based on genre alone is possibly the most overwhelmingly and overbearingly inane and outright stupid thing I may have ever heard come from a living human.

Even if the absolute worst case scenario of the greatest deluded and hate-mongering higher textual critics were true, it STILL lends NO veracity whatsoever to any such "canonicity" of the UB.

As bright as you are in your absolute delusion in certain ways, this exposes you as a simpering moron for even suggesting such a contrast of scripture to the UB for valid historicity. It's beyond plausibility to even suggest such a thing, and makes one want to ask how long you've been on such a high dosage of psychotropics.

Most. Epic. Fail. Ever. Get real. This is monumentally worse than your frustrated criticism of Christians not reading the Papers and still bashing the UB. You're not even an amateur yet in the field of textual criticism, much less an expert or professional.

Seriously? This deserves scathing ad hominem, though I don't need to employ it. Come on, PJ. Totally bogus. Marvel Comics have more historicity than the UB, fer cryin' out loud. And that's not me equivocating content, it's just to illustrate the silliness of your tact in attempting to toss out Christian scripture that YOU constantly quote selectively for your own purposes.

Arrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhhh!!!! Just stop with the circus portion. It should be beneath even you.

Before engaging in sophistry, subterfuge and ad-hominems,...you would do well to apply my former post to yourself, and see if you can answer it. I wrote it in response to Journey's claim. This transcends your categorical definitions of 'lower' or 'higher' criticism (and all you else you 'loaded' in your dissertation) since my observation and proposition is not limited or constrained by the terms your imposing. Lets try again, if you'd like to take the challenge, in assuming with Journey that your religious 'book' is more 'accurate', 'true' or 'better' than any other.

Journey wrote: (concerning the UB)

The problem is that they aren't facts, just fabricated and made-up lies.

freelight responded:

Prove it. This goes for any religious text. Furthermore, prove your preferred religious text has not been subject to human imperfections, translation errors, interpolations, creative doctoring, mythology, literary devices and the like. If you're going to condemn another religious text, your own is likewise under scrutiny. You would do well to first learn what you're critiquing to see the common universal truths therein, and be open to discuss differences, that is...if you're here to intelligently discuss anything beyond pontificating.

Read the above quote again carefully, in order to properly respond to the points being made.

pj

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
piercing thru the sludge........

piercing thru the sludge........

And the problem is the same as it has always been with you, and that it will always be with you.

You don't know the difference between spirit and soul; and you don't know what rhema and logos are. Because of that, you don't and can't know the true ontological Gospel of Jesus Christ (and neither do the vast majority of professing Christians).

If you did, you'd know that the true Christian faith is THE true Esotericism that eclipses all other wannabes that you've spent so much time accessing and attempting to syncretize the Christian faith into.

You can't know the truth. You can't. And it's nobody's fault but your own.

And I'm not being the least bit snarky in these posts. PJ, you have no idea how far you are from the truth, thinking you have it in whatever manner or degree.

I don't know if you've bought into the Antithesis or the Synthesis, but you should have spent time to know the Thesis. Cuz Hegel's got you pinned for the win, and it's your very real loss.

Between all the sarcasm and other banter, I truly weep for you in my heart. I've never seen any single individual so hopelessly deluded as you, and yet thinking you're so enlightened.

The morning star you pursue is not the BRIGHT morning star. All that glitters is NOT gold. I mourn for you. You just have no idea. I can't even hate you for all the junk you spew. All I can do is grieve

Spare us the pageantry, patronizing, self-aggrandizement and religious sentimental fanfare. If you'd like to address my critiques and criticisms of the 'blood-atonement' concept, you can treat my specific commentaries on the subject.

pj

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
Before engaging in sophistry, subterfuge and ad-hominems,...you would do well to apply my former post to yourself, and see if you can answer it. I wrote it in response to Journey's claim. This transcends your categorical definitions of 'lower' or 'higher' criticism (and all you else you 'loaded' in your 'reactionary'dissertation) since my observation and proposition is not limited or constrained by the terms your imposing. Lets try again, if you'd like to take the challenge, in assuming with Journey that your religious 'book' is more 'accurate', 'true' or 'better' than any other.

Read the above again carefully, in order to properly respond to the points made.

pj

No. YOU access the entire copious field of scriptural textual criticism and make YOUR case for the upstart Urantia Book and all the pandemic menagerie of other "disciplines" and "writings" you purport to be valid by bare assertion and declaration.

You won't be successfully flipping the script on me, usurper. You've never once even marginally done what you demand of others.

So get to it, hypocrite and fraud. Prove the veracity of the UB and all the other crap you peddle in darkness.

What a dolt. All you can muster is double standards and false assertive platforms. There is no greater shield for true light than the swarming plague of you attempting to consume truth by your own deception.

Prove the veracity in canonical fashion for ALL that you represent from ALL writings. You're the interloper with malignant and rampant adamant bare assertion. Validate your gurus and their tripe to the last syllable, prevaricating imposter.

JosephR

No. YOU access the entire copious field of scriptural textual criticism and make YOUR case for the upstart Urantia Book and all the pandemic menagerie of other "disciplines" and "writings" you purport to be valid by bare assertion and declaration.

You won't be successfully flipping the script on me, usurper. You've never once even marginally done what you demand of others.

So get to it, hypocrite and fraud. Prove the veracity of the UB and all the other crap you peddle in darkness.

What a dolt. All you can muster is double standards and false assertive platforms. There is no greater shield for true light than the swarming plague of you attempting to consume truth by your own deception.

Prove the veracity in canonical fashion for ALL that you represent from ALL writings. You're the interloper with malignant and rampant adamant bare assertion. Validate your gurus and their tripe to the last syllable, prevaricating imposter.

Geez man calm down,
I am going to count all the names and derogatory terms used by you and free light , then I am going to use my free will and decide for myself who is the real Christian here and who is a walking mess of hate and confusion...

Posted from the TOL App!

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
Spare us the pageantry, patronizing, self-aggrandizement and religious sentimental fanfare. If you'd like to address my critiques and criticisms of the 'blood-atonement' concept, you can treat my specific commentaries on the subject.

pj

No. Spare us... YOU.

What validity do your critiques and criticisms have? It's all assertion of mere opinion, unfounded by any plausibility of substantial sources.

I don't have to be lured into your web to see it around the door. And don't EVEN refer to anyone else about pageantry, patronization, self-agrandizement, and religious sentimental fanfare.

There is no greater pomposity than yours. None.

You have nothing. There isn't one shread of ANY writing you've ever represented that you've ever submitted or subjected to scrutiny for veracity. Period.

It's all bare assertion, without exception. Any posturing to the contrary is exactly that.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
Geez man calm down,
I am going to count all the names and derogatory terms used by you and free light , then I am going to use my free will and decide for myself who is the real Christian here and who is a walking mess of hate and confusion...

Posted from the TOL App!

That's far above your "paygrade". Your "free will" is irrelevant. Your god-complex is on the rampage. You don't get to decide who is a Christian or anything of the sort.

JosephR

That's far above your "paygrade". Your "free will" is irrelevant. Your god-complex is on the rampage. You don't get to decide who is a Christian or anything of the sort.

I most certainly do :) you see, I am not allowed to fellowship with those not of the spirit... So as far as people I am in contact with I have a helper to help me decide who I can and cannot make bonds with or fellowship.

Of coarse every person will work out there own salvation and I have no idea how there judgment will be,but I will not be led astray by the Good Shepard :)

Posted from the TOL App!

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
I most certainly do :)

No. You don't.

you see, I am not allowed to fellowship with those not of the spirit... So as far as people I am in contact with I have a helper to help me decide who I can and cannot make bonds with or fellowship.

We don't have a bond or fellowship. And your helper is of questionable origin and affiliation.

You've never once represented the true and actual Christian faith, instead compromising and including others who have excluded themselves.

Of coarse every person will work out there own salvation and I have no idea how there judgment will be,but I will not be led astray by the Good Shepard :)

Posted from the TOL App!

The problem is... you don't even know what "working out your salvation" even means. From the inspired text, I can guarantee you don't. And that's only the beginning.

You've already been led astray by whomever it is that isn't the actual Comforter, the Holy Spirit of the one true and living God.

If you were, you'd have recognized the overturning of the money-changers' tables and what that means, rather than attempting to chastise me in your novice zeal.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
All the name calling is unnecessary............

All the name calling is unnecessary............

First of all, you might want to do some soul-searching to see where all this 'hate' and 'vitriol' is coming from. I've chosen not to reflect it or respond in kind,...it can be hard, as the ego is a tough contender. One of the reasons I put you on ignore, is it was getting hard to even read thru your posts, as far as being so demeaning and accusatory. If it keeps up, you'll have to go back on ignore. Not going to argue with or get pulled into such negativity. Don't be ugly.

I see you cant take the challenge and answer the specific points I made. The challenge goes back to Journey's claim, while your own piggy-back 'claim' is rather vague, whatever it is, besides the meanings you put into your own 'terms', upon which your 'conclusions' are dependent. The challenge holds if you want to jump on it, since you did in fact jump on it.

pj

JosephR

No. You don't.

We don't have a bond or fellowship. And your helper is of questionable origin and affiliation.

You've never once represented the true and actual Christian faith, instead compromising and including others who have excluded themselves.

The problem is... you don't even know what "working out your salvation" even means. From the inspired text, I can guarantee you don't. And that's only the beginning.

You've already been led astray by whomever it is that isn't the actual Comforter, the Holy Spirit of the one true and living God.

If you were, you'd have recognized the overturning of the money-changers' tables and what that means, rather than attempting to chastise me in your novice zeal.

I have seen the tables, and you go beyond and not only attack the virtues of the temple but the kingdom itself.

Now let my affiliations be perfectly clear. God of Abel , Job and Noah gave us His Son to show us truth.

And you say He has no proof yet neither do you.
When Jesus said he was God they said prove it.
I say I am God , and you say show me proof, all I say is a wicked and perverse generation shall seek a sign and none shall be given.

Then a Hindu man says to another I am God and the other man says congratulations.
You see how that works?

Just do what you are told and learn love and how to be immersed in it and you will figure out why that the only thing your God told you to do was to love.

Posted from the TOL App!

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
First of all, you might want to do some soul-searching to see where all this 'hate' and 'vitriol' is coming from. I've chosen not to reflect it or respond in kind,...it can be hard, as the ego is a tough contender. One of the reasons I put you on ignore, is it was getting hard to even read thru your posts, as far as being so demeaning and accusatory. If it keeps up, you'll have to go back on ignore. Not going to argue with or get pulled into such negativity. Don't be ugly.

I see you cant take the challenge and answer the specific points I made. The challenge goes back to Journey's claim, while your own piggy-back 'claim' is rather vague, whatever it is, besides the meanings you put into your own 'terms', upon which your 'conclusions' are dependent. The challenge holds if you want to jump on it, since you did in fact jump on it.

pj

No. The fact remains...

You have never once presented ANY valid form of textual criticism for ANY writings you've ever posted, linked, referenced, or alluded to.

No script-flipping, though that's your forte as the Jell-O master. Do as you attempt to demand by "challenge" of others.

Present the scrutinous verification for the UB and ANY other of your writings.

Feel free to place me on Ingore at any point, now or later. I'm not concerned in the least one way or the other.

Everyone knows you can't answer your own challenge, which is why you make it. I, on the other hand, could represent volumes of textual criticism for scripture (and I'm even rational enough to present the higher critical challenges TO scripture, because I'm just unbiased like that).

You'll dodge and evade and avoid and posture and preen. But you won't dare actually broach attempting to take your own challenge. That's because there's no valid means of ANY of those writings surviving textual criticism according to canonical standards.

My ire is from the fact that you exhibit constant inequities, and present them in the most heinous passive-aggressive manner that is humanly possible.

Textual criticism is a time-consuming process, and it requires a mutuality of preliminary understanding to even converse. I'd gladly set aside the time in the next few days to do so.

But only in response to YOU doing the same FIRST for ALL the writings you've represented in any manner, beginning with the UB.

It's your thread. You should bring the goods and support what you propagate and endorse or practice or adhere to or recommend.

So get to it.
But you won't. You can't. That's why you distract with your "challenge". Your only hope is to skirt any necessity of you having to do what you insist of others.

Go ahead. Engage in validation of the UB through scrutinous textual criticism as Christian scripture has been put through for nearly two millennia.

Fail. Already before you give all the double-standard posturing excuses. Cuz it can't and won't happen. Ever.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
I have seen the tables, and you go beyond and not only attack the virtues of the temple but the kingdom itself.

Now let my affiliations be perfectly clear. God of Abel , Job and Noah gave us His Son to show us truth.

And you say He has no proof yet neither do you.
When Jesus said he was God they said prove it.
I say I am God , and you say show me proof, all I say is a wicked and perverse generation shall seek a sign and none shall be given.

Then a Hindu man says to another I am God and the other man says congratulations.
You see how that works?

Just do what you are told and learn love and how to be immersed in it and you will figure out why that the only thing your God told you to do was to love.

Posted from the TOL App!

Well... Then it would help you immensely if you actually knew what agape/agapao (love) IS. Then you could recognize it when it isn't just all fluffy and cuddly like the false conceptual definition that you've settled for from Humanism and Esotericism.

JosephR

Well... Then it would help you immensely if you actually knew what agape/agapao (love) IS. Then you could recognize it when it isn't just all fluffy and cuddly like the false conceptual definition that you've settled for from Humanism and Esotericism.

Well now at least I know where I stand with you, I am a thing put Ina box and labeled as so .

And you go on pretending you don't know.captivated by the drama.

Posted from the TOL App!

JosephR

And you are cunning at knowing all things..

Pps, the person, the persona, the mask, in Greek roman drama.
Megaphone mouth throwing out sound , how to be a real person, a genuine fake, a mask.

The word for the mask has come to mean who you are.

Posted from the TOL App!

Status
Not open for further replies.