ECT The letter for Hebrews

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Do proponents for MAD accept that the letter for Hebrews was written to and for everyone, including MAD?

Heb 1:1 Whose 'fathers'?

Heb 1:1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,

Rom 9:3 For I could wish that myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh:
Rom 9:4 Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises;
Rom 9:5 Whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

Heb 1:1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,

Rom 9:3 For I could wish that myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh:
Rom 9:4 Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises;
Rom 9:5 Whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen.

Good post Steko.

Interplanner

Good post Steko.

1, more to the point: who is us who are 'blessed along with them' at the end of ch 11? Is the sacrifice of Christ for Jewish Christians but the same sacrifice of Christ is not for others?

2, OK, so the letter is chiefly to Jewish Christians at that time (it does have some warnings that I think have to do with the DofJ, granted). Then go to the end. You'll notice that this letter that is 'chiefly to Jewish Christians' has nothing forthcoming in Judea, no theocracy, but rather is full of reference to what will be true in the NHNE, the city above, the unshakeable kingdom (this earth is shakeable). Etc. That's probably because the letter totally dismissed the old covenant, but I could be mistaken.

I simply don't understand how you guys got yourself into the position where you think you've got to 'save' the truthfulness of the Bible with coming events in Judea and a recycled old covenant. The truth of Christ does not hang on that.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
I simply don't understand how you guys got yourself into the position where you think you've got to 'save' the truthfulness of the Bible with coming events in Judea and a recycled old covenant. The truth of Christ does not hang on that.

Will Jesus Christ sit on the throne of David?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Matthew 19:27 Then answered Peter and said unto him, Behold, we have forsaken all, and followed thee; what shall we have therefore? 19:28 And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

OK, so the twelve apostles will each judge a tribe of Israel, but what about Paul? What happens to him?

Danoh

Yes, the law was given through Moses, but who was the source of the law?

Your question just shows you have completely missed my point and have ended up not only reading some other idea into said point, but you have come up with what you think is a question needing to be asked.

What it shows is a very poor manner of attempting to understand what the other guy was talking about to begin with.

And that is obviously your approach to the Scripture, as well.

Regrettably, you are not alone in your poor approach. You are simply one of many on TOL.

Your question only shows you haven't a clue what I meant by what I posted.

Seemingly harsh words to you, I am well aware of this.

Objectivity often being a seemingly harsh critic.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

The fathers of Israel, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.

Arabs are also Hebrews since Abraham was their father, but the promises were through Isaac not Ishmael. However, Arabs can redeem themselves as sons of Abraham by faith in Jesus Christ.

If Arabs can become spiritual sons of Abraham through faith in Christ why can't believers of MAD?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

Arabs are also Hebrews since Abraham was their father, but the promises were through Isaac not Ishmael. However, Arabs can redeem themselves as sons of Abraham by faith in Jesus Christ.

If Arabs can become spiritual sons of Abraham through faith in Christ why can't believers of MAD?

Are you a "Minister" at your Church?

Danoh

The answer to that not only depends on what you think the Mid-Acts Dispensationalist is actually asserting as to that (and any other issue), but on which Mad-Acts Dispensationalist you ask.

As with any school of thought, not all individuals within a same school will always hold to a same understanding...across the board.

I guess I am just going to have to repeat this to you and yours, until it sinks in.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The answer to that not only depends on what you think the Mid-Acts Dispensationalist is actually asserting as to that (and any other issue), but on which Mad-Acts Dispensationalist you ask.

I am trying to get a basic understanding of the MAD view of going to heaven. Your comment is that it depends on who you ask. So what about you, do you believe in heaven and if so, why?

Danoh

I am trying to get a basic understanding of the MAD view of going to heaven. Your comment is that it depends on who you ask. So what about you, do you believe in heaven and if so, why?

Unless I am mistaken - all who hold to Mid-Acts Dispensationalism believe that because we believe that Christ died for our sins, He is now our life in Him, and as a result, we are spiritually seated with Him in Glory at the right hand of the Father, and when Christ appears to take us home, we shall appear with Him in Glory.

dodge

lol, good luck getting them to agree on anything is like nailing jello to a wall.

dodge

That's because you...are so often...wrong.

Must be nice going through life in the delusion that you are right and every one else is wrong !

MAD is wrong on most of what they believe according to scripture !

I will stay with what scripture actually teaches as opposed to the desertion of the truth that Madist believe and follow.