ECT The new rules for the Exclusively Christian forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Letsargue

Knight said:
I realize this is not going to make everyone happy but I have discussed this issue with the other TOL owners and here is the decision we have made regarding the "Exclusively Christian Theology" forum.

Originally when we decided to create this forum we wanted a place to discuss AND debate Christian theology without unbelievers distracting the debate with mindless comments like... "so... how did all the animals fit on the ark?" or... "the Bible has been translated so many times.... bla bla bla".
:dunce:

The "Exclusively Christian Theology" forum was never intended to be a place where there would be no debate..... and excluding those who think they are Christian based on our standard of Christianity excludes too many possible participants to promote healthy debate.

Therefore...
The new standard for the "Exclusively Christian Theology" is to allow anyone to post here who considers themselves to be Christian and considers the Bible to be inspired by God.

Yes that creates a much bigger tent, but that's a good thing for healthy debate!

So... if you consider yourself a Christian and you consider the Bible to be the inspired word of God then you are welcome to post in the "Exclusively Christian Theology" forum.

Furthermore...
We are also willing to let any other unbeliever or follower of another religion post here if they are honestly seeking an answer to a question or have constructive input to the discussion. In other words... if an atheist has a question about God and he asks it in an honest, upfront way we will gladly deal with that question without booting him out of the forum.

Said in short...
This particular forum will be dedicated to debating biblical issues without debating the legitimacy of the Bible itself.

There are plenty of other forums here at TOL for debating the legitimacy of the Bible.

And unlike morality the above rules and guidelines are very SUBJECTIVE so we ask that you honor our moderators requests if your input if out of line for this particular forum.

If you have any questions regarding these new guidelines please ask them on this thread.

---Knight---I suppose the most, have in mind what my deal is, or idea, thing; I thaught I had something there with the Platos, but no. If I may park here, I can go by your rules fine. I realy like to be left alone from insults, that goes both ways, and gets out of hand.
---May I park here with my, unorthodox faith to the rest, But I do take Just the Bible and nothing else, and can show one so. But I'll move on if you guys say so. ---Watching---Please reply.
-----------------Paul---
-------Thanks for your speedy reply --- Knight--

Last edited:

David2

BANNED
Banned
exclusively christian_____________________________________?

i love you guys, and i 'm here for the exclusive, so fall over to" messiah returns" at philosophy and religion,_________ and let's weed out the "Exclusive Club"________. LOL

Agape4Robin

David2 said:
exclusively christian_____________________________________?

i love you guys, and i 'm here for the exclusive, so fall over to" messiah returns" at philosophy and religion,_________ and let's weed out the "Exclusive Club"________. LOL
:spam:

David2

BANNED
Banned
as i have said nicely, do not bother with verbal outbursts and slanderous comments, please dig into your heart for questions that will bring us together not seperate us. i'm not here for theology and debate about what man thinks his relationship with God is, but to deliver philosophy and express who to attain the realized state on oneness with God
That is perfect love, and what Jesus and the Holy Prophets including Paul were really trying to instill in the hearts of men/women alike.

These forums get so impersonal by shooting at each other ond offering silly unscriptuaral opinions about what he thinks, she thinks, they think. It's the business of the forum and the owners to increase readership and participation, but it 's my business to find, reach out to those who are genuine and sincere about loving and serving God.___________-Loving and serving God-

As much as you should want to know me in truth i want to have the association and know also all my good brothers/sisters in perfect truth. That is the promise of God and the prosperity that we unite and share in His glory, who made us in His likeness and wants us with Him.

Do you call this spam? i hope not!

taoist

I flat out can't figure why any atheist would want an exclusively-atheist thread HERE on TOL. That said, this is the first time I'd seen this thread and I'm glad you relaxed the rules Knight. Come to think of it though, I can't remember ever getting chased out of one of these I'd posted a question in inadvertently. Great, so I'm now allowed to do what I'd done anyway without any complaint.

Usually, on Christian boards, I see something like the Apostle's creed used as a criterion for posting. This is a much more open standard.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
David2 said:
i'm still here, why is this thread above the line? what does that mean?
I believe that's referred to as a "sticky thread" which means it will maintain it's place at the top any listing of threads in the forum and not be bumped downward.

Letsargue

servantofChrist said:
I would like to ask some similar questions again, except this time... just substitute the word "love" for the word "Christian"...

If we ask the question, "Do I love God?", does the answer to that lie within human opinion or Divine Authority?
WHO defines what "love" is between God and man / man and God?

--The Lord said, "If you love me KEEP MY COMMANDMENTS". -- Therefore, if you don't keep his commandments, you can't love him, but just some farce of rhetoric.

---Again, "Why say unto me, Lord Lord and do not the things I say." Therefore if you don't do the things he says, you can't call him Lord. Some body is not doing some of those things.
-----------------Paul---

David2

BANNED
Banned
Letsargue said:
--The Lord said, "If you love me KEEP MY COMMANDMENTS". -- Therefore, if you don't keep his commandments, you can't love him, but just some farce of rhetoric.

---Again, "Why say unto me, Lord Lord and do not the things I say." Therefore if you don't do the things he says, you can't call him Lord. Some body is not doing some of those things.
-----------------Paul---
LET'S NOT ARGUE OVER THE TRUTH,
perfectly written

somewhere the message has been twisted, and it starts wth mans desire to enjoy sin life, then make a pile of excuses why he can't follow the rules.
not unlike teenagers, wanting to do all kinds of nasty, and the father says not in this house , so the kid goes off and does all he/ she wants and while still alive thinks hey i can do what i want, and look still talk to my dad and he even let's me back into the house, b/c he loves me.
That's this imperfect world,
THERE ARE NO SINNERS IN THE KINGDOM OF GOD, OTHERWISE, IT WOULD NOT BE THE KINGDOM ,_________DA!

DAVID2

Just_like_Peter

Knight said:
I realize this is not going to make everyone happy but I have discussed this issue with the other TOL owners and here is the decision we have made regarding the "Exclusively Christian Theology" forum.

Originally when we decided to create this forum we wanted a place to discuss AND debate Christian theology without unbelievers distracting the debate with mindless comments like... "so... how did all the animals fit on the ark?" or... "the Bible has been translated so many times.... bla bla bla".

The "Exclusively Christian Theology" forum was never intended to be a place where there would be no debate..... and excluding those who think they are Christian based on our standard of Christianity excludes too many possible participants to promote healthy debate.

Therefore...
The new standard for the "Exclusively Christian Theology" is to allow anyone to post here who considers themselves to be Christian and considers the Bible to be inspired by God.

Yes that creates a much bigger tent, but that's a good thing for healthy debate!

So... if you consider yourself a Christian and you consider the Bible to be the inspired word of God then you are welcome to post in the "Exclusively Christian Theology" forum.

Furthermore...
We are also willing to let any other unbeliever or follower of another religion post here if they are honestly seeking an answer to a question or have constructive input to the discussion. In other words... if an atheist has a question about God and he asks it in an honest, upfront way we will gladly deal with that question without booting him out of the forum.

Said in short...
This particular forum will be dedicated to debating biblical issues without debating the legitimacy of the Bible itself.

There are plenty of other forums here at TOL for debating the legitimacy of the Bible.

And unlike morality the above rules and guidelines are very SUBJECTIVE so we ask that you honor our moderators requests if your input if out of line for this particular forum.

If you have any questions regarding these new guidelines please ask them on this thread.

Just_like_Peter

My Qoute for the night: " How real God becomes to you, Will be a determining factor of How much you believe. How much you believe will be the determining factor of how strong you become in your walk with God and your daily life."

Mr. 5020

Just_like_Peter said:
My Qoute for the night: " How real God becomes to you, Will be a determining factor of How much you believe. How much you believe will be the determining factor of how strong you become in your walk with God and your daily life."
What's a Qoute? ;)

Welcome to TOL. :5020:

Catatumba

Knight said:

Therefore...

Furthermore...

Said in short...

It sounds fair; and atheist or any other soujourner should be allowed to ask Q's about the Hebrew God.
After all the Scripture if taken as if..., is incapable of error; and this infallable quality does not ref. to the book of Numbers. :dog:

Catatumba

dataanapar said:
I don't get it, how does this change it from before?
....'se now its open; sort of like that "Open Theism" obsession they got going on somewhere else on this site. :help:

Status
Not open for further replies.