ECT The new rules for the Exclusively Christian forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chandler

Hi Aikido7 and writer,
There is no reason to pick a side, because there is no contradiction. After a lot of personal Bible study I have discovered a theory (which I believe is a true interpretation of scripture) that shows how both of these statements can be correct simultaneously.

This thread is not a discussion thread however ... so I won't begin here.

However, if either of you are interested in my explanation, let me know, and I'll share my theory on another thread.
When Jesus said "I and the Father are one", he didn't mean that he and the Father have one substance or essence. To suggest that he did would be to introduce ideas that were not in existence in the minds of anyone in first century Christianity.

Jesus simply meant that the Father and himself are working together and with harmony of purpose.

Jesus' oneness with the Father is no more mysterious than the unity of all true Christians. John 17:22 says: "that they may be one as we are one."

Pariah

Hello All,

I believe the deceptions in the churches has gotten so bad that I am seen as a trouble maker, by the grace of God, in trying to reprove the works of darkness by the scriptures as well as discern the works of darkness by the scriptures that nobody wants to take it to the Lord in prayer. Gets harder when they use other errant bible versions to make their stand whereas the KJV reproves it clearly. Truly, I can see why the rapture before the great tribulation is needed as judgment must fall on the House of God first to set things straight in regards to the faith for those left behind. May the Lord enable me to share here and cause the increase.

Letsargue

I realize this is not going to make everyone happy but I have discussed this issue with the other TOL owners and here is the decision we have made regarding the "Exclusively Christian Theology" forum.

Originally when we decided to create this forum we wanted a place to discuss AND debate Christian theology without unbelievers distracting the debate with mindless comments like... "so... how did all the animals fit on the ark?" or... "the Bible has been translated so many times.... bla bla bla".
:dunce:

The "Exclusively Christian Theology" forum was never intended to be a place where there would be no debate..... and excluding those who think they are Christian based on our standard of Christianity excludes too many possible participants to promote healthy debate.

Therefore...
The new standard for the "Exclusively Christian Theology" is to allow anyone to post here who considers themselves to be Christian and considers the Bible to be inspired by God.

Yes that creates a much bigger tent, but that's a good thing for healthy debate!

So... if you consider yourself a Christian and you consider the Bible to be the inspired word of God then you are welcome to post in the "Exclusively Christian Theology" forum.

Furthermore...
We are also willing to let any other unbeliever or follower of another religion post here if they are honestly seeking an answer to a question or have constructive input to the discussion. In other words... if an atheist has a question about God and he asks it in an honest, upfront way we will gladly deal with that question without booting him out of the forum.

Said in short...
This particular forum will be dedicated to debating biblical issues without debating the legitimacy of the Bible itself.

There are plenty of other forums here at TOL for debating the legitimacy of the Bible.

And unlike morality the above rules and guidelines are very SUBJECTIVE so we ask that you honor our moderators requests if your input if out of line for this particular forum.

If you have any questions regarding these new guidelines please ask them on this thread.

Considering these guidelines, why is it that I can’t get any threads honestly put forth without being “harassed” by “someone” on TOL?
I have never done anything to the man, and I ask who ever the rule keepers are if they can get him off my back please.

I was asked to be nice by Mr. Knight when I was let back on TOL after being banned the last time for about three months. I have bothered no one since that time. It seems that “some” will not leave my threads and posts alone as the rules require.

I don’t think we are required to “like” each other as such, but I don’t think people have to be SO obnoxiously rude.
I just speak my faith. It may not be your faith, and your speech may not be my faith, but that can’t mean that we cannot speak, or does it? That’s what makes for a good argument / dispute; not a debate. - Romans 1:29 KJV
Peace.

---Paul---

koban

Considering these guidelines, why is it that I can’t get any threads honestly put forth without being “harassed” by “someone” on TOL?
I have never done anything to the man,

Oh no, only accused me of blaspheming against the Holy Spirit, you lying pile of dung. You still haven't backed up that lie.

and I ask who ever the rule keepers are if they can get him off my back please.

Look Whiner, all you have to do is answer the simple questions I put forward that were directly related to your goofy OP (that's Opening Post, or Original Post) here.

I was asked to be nice by Mr. Knight when I was let back on TOL after being banned the last time for about three months. I have bothered no one since that time. It seems that “some” will not leave my threads and posts alone as the rules require.

There's nothing in the rules that says I can't question your warped, silly theology, or your insistence that your interpretation is the only correct one.

I don’t think we are required to “like” each other as such, but I don’t think people have to be SO obnoxiously rude.

Good point. I guess it's about time for you to stop being so obnoxiously rude then, isn't it?

I just speak my faith. It may not be your faith, and your speech may not be my faith, but that can’t mean that we cannot speak, or does it?

Speak away! While you're at it, why not answer the questions put to you?

RhodaRose

I could cry...here I thought I found a spot on a forum that would be serious and be a learning tool..but a bunch of posts that don't amount to the "paper they are printed on" just using a lot of space that the true God Seekers have to sift through to get the wheat from the chaff.

Hebrews 6:1-3 Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God, Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment. And this will we do, if God permit.

Looks like we also need the permission of the hecklers and space-wasters...

FYI

The new rules for the Exclusively Christian forum - January 13th, 2004, 12:08 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I realize this is not going to make everyone happy but I have discussed this issue with the other TOL owners and here is the decision we have made regarding the "Exclusively Christian Theology" forum.

Originally when we decided to create this forum we wanted a place to discuss AND debate Christian theology without unbelievers distracting the debate with mindless comments like... "so... how did all the animals fit on the ark?" or... "the Bible has been translated so many times.... bla bla bla".

The "Exclusively Christian Theology" forum was never intended to be a place where there would be no debate..... and excluding those who think they are Christian based on our standard of Christianity excludes too many possible participants to promote healthy debate.

Therefore...
The new standard for the "Exclusively Christian Theology" is to allow anyone to post here who considers themselves to be Christian and considers the Bible to be inspired by God.

Yes that creates a much bigger tent, but that's a good thing for healthy debate!

So... if you consider yourself a Christian and you consider the Bible to be the inspired word of God then you are welcome to post in the "Exclusively Christian Theology" forum.

Furthermore...
We are also willing to let any other unbeliever or follower of another religion post here if they are honestly seeking an answer to a question or have constructive input to the discussion. In other words... if an atheist has a question about God and he asks it in an honest, upfront way we will gladly deal with that question without booting him out of the forum.

Said in short...
This particular forum will be dedicated to debating biblical issues without debating the legitimacy of the Bible itself.

There are plenty of other forums here at TOL for debating the legitimacy of the Bible.

And unlike morality the above rules and guidelines are very SUBJECTIVE so we ask that you honor our moderators requests if your input if out of line for this particular forum.

If you have any questions regarding these new guidelines please ask them on this thread.

Maybe we serious teachers and learners could have a place that is password required so we can block out the space-wasters or "space cadets"...the ones with only "space" between their ears and their two front teeth..whistling Dixie while the rest of us are trying to Praise and Glorify our God, our Father and our Creator

BRYAN70634

BANNED
Banned
bryan

bryan

Therefore...

Furthermore...

Said in short...

Here is what I think...........We are here because we so desperately want to be used by our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ blessed be the name.......but in so doing we "prime" the starter with humanity and self and we distribute angst and argument...the harvest is here........We must become little children UNDERSTAND WE DONT UNDERSTAND there are soooooo many waiting to hear the word of simplicity why must we argue

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
Here is what I think...........We are here because we so desperately want to be used by our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ blessed be the name.......but in so doing we "prime" the starter with humanity and self and we distribute angst and argument...the harvest is here........We must become little children UNDERSTAND WE DONT UNDERSTAND there are soooooo many waiting to hear the word of simplicity why must we argue

Argue? Who's arguing here? Nobody argues here. :nono:

BRYAN70634

BANNED
Banned

As we debate a tit or a tat a comma or a hyphen, life rambles on, the struggle is enveloping and the road is scarred with self ritiousness and denial. If we want to make a difference, the battle is not amongst ourselfs. this is fun for the mind tickle..........but it is time for the simple message..."Love one another as I have loved you"...............wow even a punk kid could get that

BRYAN70634

BANNED
Banned
Look at the faces out there......the empty look the blank stare..the yearning for the one true answer Should we not focus on the simplicity of His gift rather than the theological intricacies we have created with our pride

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
As we debate a tit or a tat a comma or a hyphen, life rambles on, the struggle is enveloping and the road is scarred with self ritiousness and denial. If we want to make a difference, the battle is not amongst ourselfs. this is fun for the mind tickle..........but it is time for the simple message..."Love one another as I have loved you"...............wow even a punk kid could get that

:noid: Why are you talking to yourself?

whisperingwillows

BANNED
Banned
Now that you brought it up, how did God get all those animals on the ark? (I almost spelled it arch) Seriously! It was a big boat, but two of every kind (even bugs) that is just, mind blowing.

Brandy <------who is a Christian

In response to...

Therefore...

Furthermore...

Said in short...

JonathanC

Acts of the Martyr Onesiphorus

Acts of the Martyr Onesiphorus

I am writing an apologetic book, and am interested in a reference to the town of Parium that I have found at Wikipedia when I googled this search term. Wikipedia said the town was known to have Christians before AD 180-200 based on the writings found in the Acts of the Martyr Onesiphorus.
I have been unable to locate this online or anywhere else.
I would really appreciate it if someone can help me access it.
Regards
JonathanC

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
I am writing an apologetic book, and am interested in a reference to the town of Parium that I have found at Wikipedia when I googled this search term. Wikipedia said the town was known to have Christians before AD 180-200 based on the writings found in the Acts of the Martyr Onesiphorus.
I have been unable to locate this online or anywhere else.
I would really appreciate it if someone can help me access it.
Regards
JonathanC
This isn't the thread for this. Why don't you start a new thread?

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Hi Aikido7 and writer,
There is no reason to pick a side, because there is no contradiction. After a lot of personal Bible study I have discovered a theory (which I believe is a true interpretation of scripture) that shows how both of these statements can be correct simultaneously.

This thread is not a discussion thread however ... so I won't begin here.

However, if either of you are interested in my explanation, let me know, and I'll share my theory on another thread.
God's truth has always been that which highlights the conflict between opposing ideologies.

Jesus was both man and God.

Contradiction?

Well, now that they are both in the same sentence, you can figure it out for yourself.

Of course the Bible has contradictions. Truth has nothing to do with being factually correct. That is a modern notion. We have become "fact fundamentalists."

All the contradictions in the world cannot negate the saving power of Christ.

I could cry...here I thought I found a spot on a forum that would be serious and be a learning tool..but a bunch of posts that don't amount to the "paper they are printed on" just using a lot of space that the true God Seekers have to sift through to get the wheat from the chaff.
That's the way it has always been, RhodaRose. Going back to read Acts and some of Paul's writings shows that there was a lot of sifting going on in the first century and there is certainly the same thing going on now. The mockery and vindictiveness is the same: it's just that "false teachers," and the other insults and epithets that were used then have now become "space cadets." Times change, but the essence endures.

I haven’t been coming here long, but have already began to wonder why the sight which is called “Theology on line” isn’t Theologically based.
I wonder if it isn’t already being taken over by other agendas.
One person said that “they came here because it was so free and open and they couldn’t find that elsewhere on the internet“. That is because we believe in freedom, because we have been set free. The same person said “that they had the right to do on this site as they saw fit without any restrictions“, here is where I disagree. I think there are plenty of sites where random discussions are allowed but few of them are as free of persecution as our Christian site.
I was looking for a while before I found this site, and I found it by doing a search under theology as that is what I was looking for.
I have noticed that the site has one section titled religion out of many others, and that it is somewhat overran with post debating the validity of theological thought rather than topics within theology. It appears that this Christians only section is being restructured to giving up this ground as well.
Remember the frog in the boiling water, not knowing because it was slowly heated up and so didn’t notice the differences over time. Maybe because I an new I can see we are in hot water already.
If you let anyone come here and do or say anything they want, pretty soon they will undermine the theological intent of this site and drive us out.
Although soon after that, they will stop letting anyone share freely and the site will shutdown like everywhere else. Then there will be no here to come and share on. They supposedly come here for the freedom but now they are telling us our limitations and their liberties.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I haven’t been coming here long, but have already began to wonder why the sight which is called “Theology on line” isn’t Theologically based.
One person said that “they came here because it was so free and open and they couldn’t find that elsewhere on the internet“. That is because we believe in freedom, because we have been set free. The same person said “that they had the right to do on this site as they saw fit without any restrictions“, here is where I disagree. I think there are plenty of sites where random discussions are allowed but few of them are as free of persecution as our Christian site.
I was looking for a while before I found this site, and I found it by doing a search under theology as that is what I was looking for.
I have noticed that the site has one section titled religion out of many others, and that it is somewhat overran with post debating the validity of theological thought rather than topics within theology. It appears that this Christians only section is being restructured to giving up this ground as well.
Remember the frog in the boiling water, not knowing because it was slowly heated up and so didn’t notice the differences over time. Maybe because I an new I can see we are in hot water already.
If you let anyone come here and do or say anything they want, pretty soon they will undermine the theological intent of this site and drive us out.
Although soon after that, they will stop letting anyone share freely and the site will shutdown like everywhere else. Then there will be no here to come and share on. They supposedly come here for the freedom but now they are telling us our limitations and their liberties.
Theology is the predominant topic here at TOL.

Yet if we only discussed theology, TOL would be a MAJOR snooze-fest. :yawn: One of the reasons that TOL has been so popular over the years is TOL isn't a dry, high collar, theological discussion that can glaze the eyes of most "average Joe's". TOL is more of a "street fight" than a battle of the "white papers", if ya know what I mean.

You are free to start any topic you like, drive the topics that interest you. :up:

Nang

TOL Subscriber

:rotfl:

Out of the mouths of babes . . .

Scepticalinquirer, you show acute discernment. The owner of this site ("Knight") can be quoted (if I bothered to search for the post where he said so) as saying he does not even like theology.

And the agenda of TOL is nothing less than advocating a "shadow government" proposed by their guru, Bob Enyart, where pro-life ethics will supposedly rule the U.S.A.

"We" Christians are not in hot water. TOL is in hot water.

Now watch . . .I will get banned for responding to you . . .even though I am a paying subscriber.

So much for supposed free speech, liberties, etc.

Nang
(A Christian who LOVES to discuss sound Christian theology, but who is disliked by all on TOL because of her spiritual interests, as most recently stated by "Door"!)

Door

Nang
(A Christian who LOVES to discuss sound Christian theology, but who is disliked by all on TOL because of her spiritual interests, as most recently stated by "Door"!)
That's not why nobody likes you. It's just that you are arrogant and stupid. If you were only arrogant, it would be no big deal.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
That's not why nobody likes you. It's just that you are arrogant and stupid. If you were only arrogant, it would be no big deal.

And you are humble and intelligent?

Beloved by all on TOL?

:eek:

Give me a break. You earn Knight's protections because you entertain and trigger responses (site-activity) . . .period.

jeremysdemo

Nang

UM Mystery, er uh, "Door" or whoever the artist formerly known as straight is this week does not speak for all of TOL, heck he don't even speak for anyone but himself with any edification and even that is when he can keep his story straight.

There's an old saying on the Ilse' which may apply here:

Never mind the bullocks. :cheers:

Your not "disliked" by me! in fact your are more loved by me and Him than you may know! ;)

Keep seeking, asking, and knocking and it shall be open for you and given unto you....--Y'shua 20-33AD

keep shinin

jerm :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.