The NINE Commandments

Old Hat

I take it you are not intending to be active on TOL for very long, God-blaspheming, lying troll. Claiming that I am going to burn in hell, smiling at the idea of me burning in hell, and then saying "God bless" to me is you taking God's name in vain.
You can twist anything any old way you like and make any false claim that tickles your sensitivities.

Ban me just as pretty as you please.

You can't handle the Truth so you murder the prophets.

What's new?

figure_laughing_pointing_lg_wm.gif

You are of your father the devil and the deeds of your father ye will do.

Old Hat

you're working on the sabbath by being on here specifically #5 see below

there is this thing called the internet , and on that internet are these things called search engines , you can find out all kinds of things

.https://classroom.synonym.com/what-do-orthodox-jews-do-on-saturdays-12086588.html

Orthodox Jews observe a list of 39 activities they must avoid during the Sabbath, from basic work tasks, such as hammering and sowing, to specific activities such as erasing two letters. Because they do not use electricity, they do not watch television, answer work phone calls or check email, but devote themselves to complete rest.

Orthodox Jews know how to keep the sabbath , you do not know how to keep it ergo you do not keep it

list of the 39
.https://www.ou.org/holidays/the_thirty_nine_categories_of_sabbath_work_prohibited_by_law/

5. Writing (Note 19)

This includes all forms of writing and drawing.
Typing, printing, and using a rubber stamp all come under this heading.

The main objective of writing is the keeping of records, and therefore, the spirit of the law forbids any activity normally requiring a written record. Thus, the Sanhedrin forbade all sorts of business activity, as well as marriage and divorce on the Sabbath. (Note 20)

Calculations and measurements are also included, since they also normally involve writing.

Gambling and playing games of chance also are included in this category.
I'm anything but an ORTHODOX JEW and preaching on the Sabbath is exactly what Jesus Christ did every Sabbath as was His custom.

You and your buddies are clueless.

Ignorance is the telltale fruit of a bad tree and God says that those without understanding shall be destroyed.

Best repent!

Old Hat

I agree, but there are seemingly contradictions for those that take the term "contradiction" too narrowly.

Yes.

BTW, welcome to the forum.

I would say there is no contradiction when scripture is taken as a whole since Peter also says:

Acts 15:10 ESV​
(10) Now, therefore, why are you putting God to the test by placing a yoke on the neck of the disciples that neither our fathers nor we have been able to bear?​

And many other scriptures such as:

Galatians 3:11 ESV​
(11) Now it is evident that no one is justified before God by the law, for “The righteous shall live by faith.”​
Boy, that's an old rebuttal to obedience to the 10 Commandments.

They're too much for us to bear?

Funny thing is I have been following that with the simple question "Which Commandment(s) are too difficult for us to keep?" for about a decade and you know what?

Not ONE single time has that question even been attempted to be answered.

Care to break the record and give it a shot?

Tell us all ... which Commandment is too much of a burden for Christians to keep?

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
You can't handle the Truth so you murder the prophets.
Contrary to your Christ-hating heresy, the Truth is God. Jesus is the Truth. You despise the Truth.
You're not a prophet. I've murdered no one. The prophets all died 2,000+ years ago. No one has murdered you. Banning clowns from forums is not murder. You're beside yourself, and you've blown yourself up into a sad spectacle of a drama queen.

Old Hat

Numbers 28:9-10 ESV
(9) “On the Sabbath day, two male lambs a year old without blemish, and two tenths of an ephah of fine flour for a grain offering, mixed with oil, and its drink offering:
(10) this is the burnt offering of every Sabbath, besides the regular burnt offering and its drink offering.

Would love to know how you think you keep this law of the Sabbath Day.
It's crazy how ridiculous you guys will get with your desperate rejection of the Sabbath day.

That passage is speaking of a specific seasonal burnt offering that was daily for like a week and happens to be speaking in those verses about what is to be done on the Sabbath of that specific week.

Verse 2 of that chapter plainly states that it is at an appointed time, in a due season, it is not referring to the regularly occurring weekly Sabbath.

It's okay, Tammy. You don't have to obey the 10 Commandments if you really don't want to.

God says those who love Him WANT to obey His Commandments.

Modern Christians insist on believing that the Bible contains no rules or Commandments of any kind for them. You're free to live any old way you like.

Old Hat

Contrary to your Christ-hating heresy, the Truth is God. Jesus is the Truth. You despise the Truth.
You're not a prophet. I've murdered no one. The prophets all died 2,000+ years ago. No one has murdered you. Banning clowns from forums is not murder. You're beside yourself, and you've blown yourself up into a sad spectacle of a drama queen.
Goodness.

Take a breath.

Do you take blood thinners?

Might wanna look into that.

I think we need a break.

Before YOU break.

Old Hat

Are you drunk? At whom are you pointing? I'm right here, not over there.

Not only are you a disaster in your attempts to sell your Christ-hating, Bible-despising heresies, but you can't even get memes to work for you.
Calm down, calm down.

It's perfectly normal to lose your cool when you're being laughed at hysterically.

It'll pass.

Nobody here will ever forget it, but it WILL pass.

Eventually.

way 2 go

I'm anything but an ORTHODOX JEW and preaching on the Sabbath is exactly what Jesus Christ did every Sabbath as was His custom.
so you're not keeping the sabbath , then what is this thread all about ?
You and your buddies are clueless.
ad hominem , so soon , that's a sign of weakness in your position
Ignorance is the telltale fruit of a bad tree and God says that those without understanding shall be destroyed.

Best repent!
repent of not keeping the sabbath like you don't keep the sabbath

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Or do you not know, brethren (for I speak to those who know the law), that the law has dominion over a man as long as he lives? For the woman who has a husband is bound by the law to her husband as long as he lives. But if the husband dies, she is released from the law of her husband. So then if, while her husband lives, she marries another man, she will be called an adulteress; but if her husband dies, she is free from that law, so that she is no adulteress, though she has married another man. Therefore, my brethren, you also have become dead to the law through the body of Christ, that you may be married to another—to Him who was raised from the dead, that we should bear fruit to God. For when we were in the flesh, the sinful passions which were aroused by the law were at work in our members to bear fruit to death. But now we have been delivered from the law, having died to what we were held by, so that we should serve in the newness of the Spirit and not in the oldness of the letter. What shall we say then? Is the law sin? Certainly not! On the contrary, I would not have known sin except through the law. For I would not have known covetousness unless the law had said, “You shall not covet.” But sin, taking opportunity by the commandment, produced in me all manner of evil desire. For apart from the law sin was dead. I was alive once without the law, but when the commandment came, sin revived and I died. And the commandment, which was to bring life, I found to bring death. For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it killed me. Therefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy and just and good. Has then what is good become death to me? Certainly not! But sin, that it might appear sin, was producing death in me through what is good, so that sin through the commandment might become exceedingly sinful. For we know that the law is spiritual, but I am carnal, sold under sin. For what I am doing, I do not understand. For what I will to do, that I do not practice; but what I hate, that I do. If, then, I do what I will not to do, I agree with the law that it is good. But now, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me. For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells; for to will is present with me, but how to perform what is good I do not find. For the good that I will to do, I do not do; but the evil I will not to do, that I practice. Now if I do what I will not to do, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me. I find then a law, that evil is present with me, the one who wills to do good. For I delight in the law of God according to the inward man. But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? I thank God—through Jesus Christ our Lord!So then, with the mind I myself serve the law of God, but with the flesh the law of sin.

Someone who is dead to the law is no longer required to keep it.

As Paul said, "the just live by faith," not by keeping the law. For "we have been delivered from the law, having died to what we were held by, so that we should serve in the newness of the Spirit and not in the oldness of the letter."

Thus:

Receive one who is weak in the faith, but not to disputes over doubtful things. For one believes he may eat all things, but he who is weak eats only vegetables. Let not him who eats despise him who does not eat, and let not him who does not eat judge him who eats; for God has received him. Who are you to judge another’s servant? To his own master he stands or falls. Indeed, he will be made to stand, for God is able to make him stand. One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind. He who observes the day, observes it to the Lord; and he who does not observe the day, to the Lord he does not observe it. He who eats, eats to the Lord, for he gives God thanks; and he who does not eat, to the Lord he does not eat, and gives God thanks. For none of us lives to himself, and no one dies to himself. For if we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. Therefore, whether we live or die, we are the Lord’s. For to this end Christ died and rose and lived again, that He might be Lord of both the dead and the living. But why do you judge your brother? Or why do you show contempt for your brother? For we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ. For it is written:“As I live, says the Lord,Every knee shall bow to Me,And every tongue shall confess to God.” So then each of us shall give account of himself to God. Therefore let us not judge one another anymore, but rather resolve this, not to put a stumbling block or a cause to fall in our brother’s way.

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
The Bible makes clear that the 9 Commandments are still relevant to all Christians.

All Christians still keep the 9 Commandments and expect all other professed Christians to do the same.

They preach all day long that we are not to obey the Commandments and that Jesus came to free us from the Commandments and that Jesus taught against the keeping of the Commandments and that all Jesus' early followers (Christian = follower of Christ) ignored the Commandments believing they were no longer relevant.

Why are today's Christians such hypocrites?

Why do they so passionately hate that one other Commandment of the 10 and ridicule and demean any Christian that keeps it?

Why is the Sabbath Commandment such a stigma among modern mainstream Christians today?

Because they don't know their Bibles.

Hosea 4:6, 14
Jer. 9:6
Prov. 1:29
2 Thess. 2:10-12
From our Catechism:

2189 "Observe the sabbath day, to keep it holy" (Deut 5:12). "The seventh day is a sabbath of solemn rest, holy to the Lord" (Ex 31:15).

2190 The sabbath, which represented the completion of the first creation, has been replaced by Sunday which recalls the new creation inaugurated by the Resurrection of Christ.

2191 The Church celebrates the day of Christ's Resurrection on the "eighth day," Sunday, which is rightly called the Lord's Day.

2192 Sunday is to be observed as the foremost holy day of obligation in the universal Church. On Sundays and other holy days of obligation the faithful are bound to participate in the Mass.

2193 On Sundays and other holy days of obligation the faithful are bound to abstain from those labors and business concerns which impede the worship to be rendered to God, the joy which is proper to the Lord's Day, or the proper relaxation of mind and body.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That passage is speaking of a specific seasonal burnt offering that was daily for like a week and happens to be speaking in those verses about what is to be done on the Sabbath of that specific week.

Verse 2 of that chapter plainly states that it is at an appointed time, in a due season, it is not referring to the regularly occurring weekly Sabbath.
It was a sacrifice to be made every Sabbath as the text says.

Numbers 28:9-10 ESV​
(9) “On the Sabbath day, two male lambs a year old without blemish, and two tenths of an ephah of fine flour for a grain offering, mixed with oil, and its drink offering:​
(10) this is the burnt offering of every Sabbath, besides the regular burnt offering and its drink offering.​

So again I ask you to explain how you are obeying that Sabbath command????

God says those who love Him WANT to obey His Commandments.
Want to do them or do them?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Boy, that's an old rebuttal to obedience to the 10 Commandments.

They're too much for us to bear?

Funny thing is I have been following that with the simple question "Which Commandment(s) are too difficult for us to keep?" for about a decade and you know what?

Not ONE single time has that question even been attempted to be answered.

Care to break the record and give it a shot?

Tell us all ... which Commandment is too much of a burden for Christians to keep?
We don't have to guess because the apostles give us answers.

(10) Now, therefore, why are you putting God to the test by placing a yoke on the neck of the disciples that neither our fathers nor we have been able to bear?​
(11) Now it is evident that no one is justified before God by the law, for “The righteous shall live by faith.”​

But you are free to disagree with what the apostles say if you wish.

Old Hat

Or do you not know, brethren (for I speak to those who know the law), that the law has dominion over a man as long as he lives? For the woman who has a husband is bound by the law to her husband as long as he lives. But if the husband dies, she is released from the law of her husband. So then if, while her husband lives, she marries another man, she will be called an adulteress; but if her husband dies, she is free from that law, so that she is no adulteress, though she has married another man. Therefore, my brethren, you also have become dead to the law through the body of Christ, that you may be married to another—to Him who was raised from the dead, that we should bear fruit to God. For when we were in the flesh, the sinful passions which were aroused by the law were at work in our members to bear fruit to death. But now we have been delivered from the law, having died to what we were held by, so that we should serve in the newness of the Spirit and not in the oldness of the letter. What shall we say then? Is the law sin? Certainly not! On the contrary, I would not have known sin except through the law. For I would not have known covetousness unless the law had said, “You shall not covet.” But sin, taking opportunity by the commandment, produced in me all manner of evil desire. For apart from the law sin was dead. I was alive once without the law, but when the commandment came, sin revived and I died. And the commandment, which was to bring life, I found to bring death. For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it killed me. Therefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy and just and good. Has then what is good become death to me? Certainly not! But sin, that it might appear sin, was producing death in me through what is good, so that sin through the commandment might become exceedingly sinful. For we know that the law is spiritual, but I am carnal, sold under sin. For what I am doing, I do not understand. For what I will to do, that I do not practice; but what I hate, that I do. If, then, I do what I will not to do, I agree with the law that it is good. But now, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me. For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells; for to will is present with me, but how to perform what is good I do not find. For the good that I will to do, I do not do; but the evil I will not to do, that I practice. Now if I do what I will not to do, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me. I find then a law, that evil is present with me, the one who wills to do good. For I delight in the law of God according to the inward man. But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? I thank God—through Jesus Christ our Lord!So then, with the mind I myself serve the law of God, but with the flesh the law of sin.

Someone who is dead to the law is no longer required to keep it.

As Paul said, "the just live by faith," not by keeping the law. For "we have been delivered from the law, having died to what we were held by, so that we should serve in the newness of the Spirit and not in the oldness of the letter."

Thus:

Receive one who is weak in the faith, but not to disputes over doubtful things. For one believes he may eat all things, but he who is weak eats only vegetables. Let not him who eats despise him who does not eat, and let not him who does not eat judge him who eats; for God has received him. Who are you to judge another’s servant? To his own master he stands or falls. Indeed, he will be made to stand, for God is able to make him stand. One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind. He who observes the day, observes it to the Lord; and he who does not observe the day, to the Lord he does not observe it. He who eats, eats to the Lord, for he gives God thanks; and he who does not eat, to the Lord he does not eat, and gives God thanks. For none of us lives to himself, and no one dies to himself. For if we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. Therefore, whether we live or die, we are the Lord’s. For to this end Christ died and rose and lived again, that He might be Lord of both the dead and the living. But why do you judge your brother? Or why do you show contempt for your brother? For we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ. For it is written:“As I live, says the Lord,Every knee shall bow to Me,And every tongue shall confess to God.” So then each of us shall give account of himself to God. Therefore let us not judge one another anymore, but rather resolve this, not to put a stumbling block or a cause to fall in our brother’s way.
No spite intended, but do you honestly believe anybody reads a post like that with so much text blocked together like a brick wall?

Forgive those of us who didn't.

Last edited:

Old Hat

It was a sacrifice to be made every Sabbath as the text says.

Numbers 28:9-10 ESV(9) “On the Sabbath day, two male lambs a year old without blemish, and two tenths of an ephah of fine flour for a grain offering, mixed with oil, and its drink offering:(10) this is the burnt offering of every Sabbath, besides the regular burnt offering and its drink offering.
So again I ask you to explain how you are obeying that Sabbath command????
The Sabbath Commandment is contained in Exodus 20:8-11

"8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.

9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:

10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:

11 For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it."

Sorry, no burnt offering necessary.

You're still welcome to continue not obeying God's Commandments, though.

God knows who belongs to Him.

Old Hat

We don't have to guess because the apostles give us answers.

But you are free to disagree with what the apostles say if you wish.
Do you remember exactly when, or where you were, when you were traumatically brainwashed to believe that the Apostles were above Jesus Christ in their authority to teach God's Word?

You are teaching that the Apostles' words carry more weight than the teachings of Jesus Christ Almighty.

Since when is the servant greater than the Master?

That's a career-ending faux pas.

Old Hat

We'd be misled were we to believe that you are a Christian.
Right because I only preach God's Word while YOU preach the traditions of men.

The modern "Christian" is a counterfeited product.

True Christians live by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.

You feed from the mouths of men.

Those who ingest the spirit of Jesus shall stand.

Those who feed on the spirit of the world shall fall.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
No spite intended, but do you honestly believe anybody reads a post like that with so much text blocked together like a brick wall?

Forgive those of us who didn't.

So you're incapable of reading scripture?

Those "text blocks" are literally scripture.

But I guess if you have an aversion to scripture, you'll use any excuse to avoid reading it...