The NINE Commandments

Hoping

Banned
Boy, that's an old rebuttal to obedience to the 10 Commandments.

They're too much for us to bear?

Funny thing is I have been following that with the simple question "Which Commandment(s) are too difficult for us to keep?" for about a decade and you know what?

Not ONE single time has that question even been attempted to be answered.

Care to break the record and give it a shot?
Peter seemed to mean the sum total of commandments were unkeepable.
Peter said..."Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?" (Acts 15:10)
Anyone can keep 2 or 3, but 400 something ?
Tell us all ... which Commandment is too much of a burden for Christians to keep?
Neither of the two are unbearable.

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
No spite intended, but do you honestly believe anybody reads a post like that with so much text blocked together like a brick wall?

Forgive those of us who didn't.
You're a self-righteous, Christ-denying, raving heretic/troll. Nobody expects you to read, much less respond rationally to anything we write.

Old Hat

So you're incapable of reading scripture?

Those "text blocks" are literally scripture.

But I guess if you have an aversion to scripture, you'll use any excuse to avoid reading it...
It's okay.

This is a discussion forum, this isn't the Bible.

Posting a verse, or a short passage of verses, is one thing.

Posting an entire page of the Bible is another.

This is a virtual conversation. In a proper, functional, conversation, we make a relatively brief statement and then allow others to, and so on and so forth.

We don't give a 5 minute speech, and most of us wouldn't partake in many discussions with somebody who was in the habit of doing so.

Old Hat

You're a self-righteous, Christ-denying, raving heretic/troll. Nobody expects you to read, much less respond rationally to anything we write.
You literally post like you're on meth.

Like you just can't spew enough words at once to attack and describe your disdain for everybody.

Not a good look.

Old Hat

Peter seemed to mean the sum total of commandments were unkeepable.
Peter said..."Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?" (Acts 15:10)
Anyone can keep 2 or 3, but 400 something ?

Neither of the two are unbearable.
Christ taught the 10 Commandments.

Nothing that Peter, or any other Apostle, may have said afterward makes any difference.

Jesus is the Master, the servants follow the Master.

If you've been taught that the Apostles taught contrary to their Master's teachings, you've been taught wrong.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The Sabbath Commandment is contained in Exodus 20:8-11

"8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.

9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:

10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:

11 For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it."

Sorry, no burnt offering necessary.

You're still welcome to continue not obeying God's Commandments, though.

God knows who belongs to Him.
Why would you think the offerings that God specifically commanded as a law to be done on the Sabbath are not included in what God wanted to be done on the Sabbath Day???????????
So you just pick and choose God's commands concerning the Sabbath Day to suit your taste and disregard the rest.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Do you remember exactly when, or where you were, when you were traumatically brainwashed to believe that the Apostles were above Jesus Christ in their authority to teach God's Word?

You are teaching that the Apostles' words carry more weight than the teachings of Jesus Christ Almighty.

Since when is the servant greater than the Master?

That's a career-ending faux pas.
You can believe that what the apostles taught is a pack of lies if you wish.
But they were chosen by the Lord Jesus Christ and were filled with the Holy Spirit.

Old Hat

Why would you think the offerings that God specifically commanded as a law to be done on the Sabbath are not included in what God wanted to be done on the Sabbath Day???????????
So you just pick and choose God's commands concerning the Sabbath Day to suit your taste and disregard the rest.
200w.gif

Old Hat

You can believe that what the apostles taught is a pack of lies if you wish.
But they were chosen by the Lord Jesus Christ and were filled with the Holy Spirit.
So was I.

And I teach what Jesus taught.

Just as the Apostles did, contrary to your misinterpretation of the text.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
It's okay.

Yes, quoting relevant scripture is okay.

You clearly don't think so, though.

This is a discussion forum, this isn't the Bible.

It's a theology forum. It's for DISCUSSING what THE BIBLE SAYS, among other things.

Posting a verse, or a short passage of verses, is one thing.
Posting an entire page of the Bible is another.

Therefore......... ....... ..... something.

This is a virtual conversation. In a proper, functional, conversation, we make a relatively brief statement and then allow others to, and so on and so forth.

I made a relatively brief statement.

And I quoted scripture to provide context and as supporting evidence for my relatively brief statement.

The fact that you couldn't be bothered to even read what I wrote and respond to it directly, rather than throwing a temper tantrum because you don't like that I'm quoting scripture to support my beliefs, should tell you something.

We don't give a 5 minute speech, and most of us wouldn't partake in many discussions with somebody who was in the habit of doing so.

I quoted what I needed from scripture to support what I said.

I'm sorry that that offends you.

Actually, no, I'm not sorry. That SHOULD offend you, because you're literally arguing that I can't post what I think to be relevant Scripture to support my beliefs.

But it certainly ties in well to the facts that Jesus, who IS the Truth, is the Rock of Offence.

The truth is offensive to those who hate the truth.

The fact that your offended by my use of Scripture should be a very loud warning to you.

Hoping

Banned
Christ taught the 10 Commandments.
Agreed, summarized in Matt 22:37-40..."Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
38 This is the first and great commandment.
39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets."
Nothing that Peter, or any other Apostle, may have said afterward makes any difference.
Agreed.
They may have filled in some of the holes in NT doctrine, but it still boils down to the two big commandments.
Jesus is the Master, the servants follow the Master.
Agreed.
If you've been taught that the Apostles taught contrary to their Master's teachings, you've been taught wrong.
Agreed.
Do you have something inparticular in mind?

Old Hat

Agreed, summarized in Matt 22:37-40..."Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
38 This is the first and great commandment.
39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets."

Agreed.
They may have filled in some of the holes in NT doctrine, but it still boils down to the two big commandments.

Agreed.

Agreed.
Do you have something inparticular in mind?
Wrong.

Jesus taught the 10 Commandments.

Jesus obeyed the 10 Commandments.

Jesus' followers (Christians) obeyed the 10 Commandments just as their Master did, and they obeyed them after His Crucifixion as well.

We are to obey what Jesus obeyed.

The Biblical definition of sin is breaking the 10 Commandments.

Jesus did not sin one single time and taught all Christians not to sin.

All of the Apostles taught the exact same doctrine that Jesus did.

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
Wrong.

Jesus' followers (Christians) obeyed the 10 Commandments just as their Master did, and they obeyed them after His Crucifixion as well.

"
John adds an interesting detail: “I was in the Spirit on the Lord’s day, and I heard behind me a loud voice like the sound of a trumpet” (Rev. 1:10). What’s the Lord’s day? John doesn’t say. Why? Because his readers already knew.

The Jews had many [feasts] such as Passover, the Feast of Booths, the Day of Atonement ... . All Jewish [feasts] have one thing in common. They’re celebrations of divine providence. Each [feast] celebrates something God did in Israel’s history.

No Jewish [feast], however, commemorated a great Jewish person—no "Abraham day," no "Moses day," no "Joshua day." Yet John describes a specific day that celebrates Jesus: the Lord’s day. And early Christians didn’t celebrate it once a year, but every seven days.
"

Keep the feast.

Hoping

Banned
Wrong.

If my agreement with you is wrong, what did you change your mind about?

7djengo7

That's false. Which is why you cannot quote Jesus as having taught even a single one of the Ten Commandments.

The Ten Commandments (Exodus 20) were given by God the Father unto the ancient Israelites (not unto you), through His prophet, Moses, at Mt. Sinai; not through His Son, Jesus. According to Hebrews 1:

God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son...

Unless you're an Israelite, God never commanded you, through Moses, to have no other gods before Him. You have never obeyed, nor broken any commandment(s) that were never commanded of you. Every commandment is a commandment to some specific person(s). Pretty important, then, whenever you find God on record, in Scripture, enjoining a commandment—pretty important to put on your thinking cap so as to figure out on whom He is enjoining it. God enjoined more than just ten commandments in the Old Testament. In Exodus 4:3, God commanded Moses to cast his rod on the ground, so why are you not obeying that commandment? Why aren't you casting Moses' rod on the ground?

7djengo7

The Bible makes clear that the 9 Commandments are still relevant to all Christians.
The Bible records far more than just nine commandments. To which nine commandments are you referring? If you're referring to nine of the ten commandments recorded in Exodus 20 and traditionally referred to as "The Ten Commandments", then you're referring to ten commandments that have never been relevant to Christians except in the sense that the record of them is God-breathed historical truth about God's dealings with certain non-Christians: viz., Moses and the ancient Israelites. That they are relevant to Christians does not mean that Christians are subject to them. In the same way, God's Exodus 4:3 commandment ("Cast it on the ground") is also relevant to Christians, without Christians being subject to it.

Hoping

Banned
That's false. Which is why you cannot quote Jesus as having taught even a single one of the Ten Commandments.

The Ten Commandments (Exodus 20) were given by God the Father unto the ancient Israelites (not unto you), through His prophet, Moses, at Mt. Sinai; not through His Son, Jesus. According to Hebrews 1:

God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son...

Unless you're an Israelite, God never commanded you, through Moses, to have no other gods before Him. You have never obeyed, nor broken any commandment(s) that were never commanded of you. Every commandment is a commandment to some specific person(s). Pretty important, then, whenever you find God on record, in Scripture, enjoining a commandment—pretty important to put on your thinking cap so as to figure out on whom He is enjoining it. God enjoined more than just ten commandments in the Old Testament. In Exodus 4:3, God commanded Moses to cast his rod on the ground, so why are you not obeying that commandment? Why aren't you casting Moses' rod on the ground?
That is one way to justify us Gentile's sinning.