ECT The NT Church began at Pentecost.

andyc

Nope, Paul did NOT sell all that he had.

He gave all he had, and was in chains for the gospel.
Acts 9:16 "For I will show him how many things he must suffer for My name’s sake."

So, in the gospel of the grace of God, does Jesus show madists how much they must suffer for his name? LOL

Right Divider

Body part
He gave all he had, and was in chains for the gospel.
Acts 9:16 "For I will show him how many things he must suffer for My name’s sake."

So, in the gospel of the grace of God, does Jesus show madists how much they must suffer for his name? LOL
Categorical confusion on your part. The others sold all of their POSSESSIONS, just like Jesus told them to.

Right Divider

Body part
Obey?

It wan't a command. It was charity. 1Cor 13:3
No, it was a command.
Luk 12:33 Sell that ye have, and give alms; provide yourselves bags which wax not old, a treasure in the heavens that faileth not, where no thief approacheth, neither moth corrupteth.

andyc

Categorical confusion on your part. The others sold all of their POSSESSIONS, just like Jesus told them to.

Where does it say that?
Zacchaeus gave half of his possessions to the poor as an act of kindness. Jesus called him a son of Abraham. Man of faith.

andyc

No, it was a command.
Luk 12:33 Sell that ye have, and give alms; provide yourselves bags which wax not old, a treasure in the heavens that faileth not, where no thief approacheth, neither moth corrupteth.

This was a ministry situation, not something that was fundamental to the gospel. The idea here is that God would sustain them in ministry, and that their dependency would be on him. Missionaries do the same today.

oatmeal

I've seen many "Obey Acts 2:38" on church signs, but never, "Obey Acts 2:45".

Acts 2:45 is not difficult to do

Even I did it for the most part.

I don't have houses nor do I have cars, nor do I have 10 stereo systems, I have one apartment, one car, and I have several stereos in the rooms I tend to listen in.

I do not like being burdened down by things I do not need.

So do not accumulate a plurality of things

Right Divider

Body part
Where does it say that?
Zacchaeus gave half of his possessions to the poor as an act of kindness. Jesus called him a son of Abraham. Man of faith.
Jesus told His disciples to sell ALL that they had.

This is why Peter could say that he and his fellow apostles had FORSAKEN ALL.
Mat 19:27 Then answered Peter and said unto him, Behold, we have forsaken all, and followed thee; what shall we have therefore?

andyc

Jesus told His disciples to sell ALL that they had.

This is why Peter could say that he and his fellow apostles had FORSAKEN ALL.
Mat 19:27 Then answered Peter and said unto him, Behold, we have forsaken all, and followed thee; what shall we have therefore?

1 Timothy 6:17-19 Command those who are rich in this present age not to be haughty, nor to trust in uncertain riches but in the living God, who gives us richly all things to enjoy. Let them do good, that they be rich in good works, ready to give, willing to share, storing up for themselves a good foundation for the time to come, that they may lay hold on eternal life.

2Cor 8:1-5
Moreover, brethren, we make known to you the grace of God bestowed on the churches of Macedonia: that in a great trial of affliction the abundance of their joy and their deep poverty abounded in the riches of their liberality. For I bear witness that according to their ability, yes, and beyond their ability, they were freely willing, imploring us with much urgency that we would receive the gift and the fellowship of the ministering to the saints.

There's no difference. Madists just hate giving, that's all.