ECT THE PRACTICAL NECESSITY OF AN INFALLIBLE & AUTHORITATIVE INTERPRETER

Cruciform

Who is the someone who decided,how did they determine which was in the new testament?
Christ's one historic Catholic Church authoritatively defined the biblical canon in the 4th century A.D.

Did they say "well Clement is mentioned in Philippians 4:3 KJV but he wasn't an apostle so we'll leave his letters out"? When they came to the Sheppard of Hermas did they say "well Hermas is mentioned in Romans 16:14 KJV but he's not an apostle either so we'll leave it out"?
Apostolicity is only one of the criteria used by the Church in defining the biblical canon.

john w

Hall of Fame
Christ's one historic Catholic Church authoritatively defined the biblical canon in the 4th century A.D.

Translation: Fallible men were responsible for the "defining" of the biblical cannon, not the LORD God.

=humanism, satanism, as the RCO shill attributes the authorship, and subsequent preservation, of the word of God, including "what's in/out," to men, not the LORD God.

Sssssssssssssssssssss....

whitestone

Apostolicity is only one of the criteria used by the Church in defining the biblical canon.

Are you quite sure? In Acts 14:14 Luke states that Barnabas is an Apostle,,,And in Colossians 4:10 KJV Paul tells the Colossians if he comes to receive him,are you quite sure?

If Clement and Hermas are both endorsed by Paul(an Apostle),,how do men reject them?,,,

If Luke was an workman with Paul,and Clement,and Hermas,,,,and the Gospel of Luke and Acts are included then why not the others?

Mind you I'm not in the least suggesting to omit Luke or Acts,,,,but how can it be said Apostolic criteria is the answer when some are omitted who are and and others who were not are admitted?

So at the end in the fourth century "somebody",you say the Catholic Church seems to have decided that their wisdom was far greater than Paul's.

HisServant

The only 'necessity for authority' is so that they can bully, strong arm and kill people and feel no remorse doing it. And the RCC has certainly lived up to that.

RCC = Religious Mafia.... kiss the ring of the Don!

john w

Hall of Fame
Because apostolicity is not the ONLY criterion used by the Church in defining the biblical canon.

Catch that-again? This "the Church," which, despite this shill's rumblings, snorts, to the contrary,is comprised of fallible members of the boc, was/is responsible for defining the word of God, not the LORD God.

Sssssssssss......................

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
You all invented human freedom and put away sovereign election because, in that way, you can have an 'authoritative' leader to open and shut salvation to people.

This is why the Reformed tradition was born- to bring back the actual gospel and reverse the Catholic heresy. There is no 'practical need' for a pope, unless it is to control people with religion, which is no doubt what the Roman Church was doing long before it adopted Christianity.

No coincidence there :rolleyes:

Interplanner

hmm,,,and see kai is in the 7th line from the top,or the 2nd line from the bottom ,,,,"did I pass the pop quiz"?

Alcazar, huh? So why are you spending time on this? Here is a comparable from Francis Schaeffer:

Savio
world
the flo
made
broke

You probably don't have the tools to find this fragment in Schaeffer either. But you could go buy 3 of his books and get an idea what he taught, right?

Cruciform

You all invented human freedom and put away sovereign election because, in that way, you can have an 'authoritative' leader to open and shut salvation to people. This is why the Reformed tradition was born- to bring back the actual gospel and reverse the Catholic heresy. There is no 'practical need' for a pope, unless it is to control people with religion, which is no doubt what the Roman Church was doing long before it adopted Christianity. No coincidence there :rolleyes:
Your comments merely betray a vast basic ignorance of both Christian history in general and of the teachings and practices of the Catholic faith in particular. Here you commit at least four direct factual errors in your posted statements. Try again.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Your comments merely betray a vast basic ignorance of both Christian history in general and of the teachings and practices of the Catholic faith in particular. Here you commit at least four direct factual errors in your posted statements. Try again.

Nope, no factual errors at all. Historically, Greek and Roman paganism was built on constructs of rites, free will philosophy, and praying for necessities. They had a god for each one, and it was a requirement of a citizen to obey the religious structure. Their religion and government were literally a single entity.

Isn't a bit coincidental that Christianity comes in and, all of a sudden, it follows the same exact paradigm? The only difference is that they replaced gods with patron saints.

The early Christians believed in sovereign election. It is what Saint Augustine believed, and it is what both Luther and Calvin reinstated.

Cruciform

Nope, no factual errors at all. Historically, Greek and Roman paganism was built on constructs of rites, free will philosophy, and praying for necessities. They had a god for each one, and it was a requirement of a citizen to obey the religious structure. Their religion and government were literally a single entity. Isn't a bit coincidental that Christianity comes in and, all of a sudden, it follows the same exact paradigm? The only difference is that they replaced gods with patron saints. The early Christians believed in sovereign election. It is what Saint Augustine believed, and it is what both Luther and Calvin reinstated.
You're an absolute nutbag. Here you've merely proven my point regarding your vast ignorance of ecclesiastical and doctrinal history. See this.

whitestone

Alcazar, huh? So why are you spending time on this? Here is a comparable from Francis Schaeffer:

Savio
world
the flo
made
broke

You probably don't have the tools to find this fragment in Schaeffer either. But you could go buy 3 of his books and get an idea what he taught, right?

alcazar,,,well i'm not really a fan of alcazar and the link to schaeffer,well I guess if I couldn't read what the manuscript said then I would be dependent on what other men told me it meant,but thats a misnomer I can read it but very few will take my advice on the matter because I'm a dispy/futurist I suppose thats the necessity in having faith in someone else,but thanks anyway.