ECT The problem I see on Christian forums:

Cross Reference

Celebration or Surrender? . . . . . Oswald Chambers

We begin our Christian life by believing what we are told to believe, then we have to go on to so assimilate our beliefs that they work out in a way that redounds to the glory of God. The danger is in multiplying the acceptation of beliefs we do not make our own. . . . . . . . . . . Every now and again we find ourselves lost in wonder at the marvel of the Redemption; it is a wholesome initial stage, but if it is made the final stage it is perilous. The difficulty of believing in the Redemption in the sense of assimilating it is that it demands renunciation. I have to give up my right to myself in complete surrender to my Lord before what I celebrate becomes a reality. There is always the danger of celebrating what Jesus Christ has done and forgetting the need on our part of moral surrender to Him; if we evade the surrender we become the more intense in celebrating what He has done.

Ring a bell, anyone?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Surrender?
__
Surrendering your life is irrelevant as pertaining to justification. That is sanctification. The Lord Jesus Christ surrendered His life 2000 years ago in your place, and God the Father accepted His life as a propitiatory sacrifice. Before justification, the LORD God would have nothing to do with your life. The biblical order is sonship first, then service/sanctification as justified sons. You are putting the proverbial cart before the horse, conditioning your justification upon your service/sanctification, " surrender my life to Christ." As a Son, He then replaces your formerly rotten, no good life, with His only Begotten Son's life-eternal life, "in Christ."

In Christ,

John W

Cross Reference

"the need on our part of moral surrender to Him"

they are not my words
you posted them
you explain what they mean to you

The words speak for themselves. Read them again, for the first time.

I can sum it up in one word. But I have worked it through and want you to do the same.

revpete

Celebration or Surrender? . . . . . Oswald Chambers

We begin our Christian life by believing what we are told to believe, then we have to go on to so assimilate our beliefs that they work out in a way that redounds to the glory of God. The danger is in multiplying the acceptation of beliefs we do not make our own. . . . . . . . . . . Every now and again we find ourselves lost in wonder at the marvel of the Redemption; it is a wholesome initial stage, but if it is made the final stage it is perilous. The difficulty of believing in the Redemption in the sense of assimilating it is that it demands renunciation. I have to give up my right to myself in complete surrender to my Lord before what I celebrate becomes a reality. There is always the danger of celebrating what Jesus Christ has done and forgetting the need on our part of moral surrender to Him; if we evade the surrender we become the more intense in celebrating what He has done.

Ring a bell, anyone?

The problem I see on Christian forums is that most are more interested in winning arguments and feeding personal egos rather than mutual edification.

Pete 👤

Cross Reference

Fixed it for you. Nice of you to offer up a red herring and ignoring the cross.

Ignore the cross?? You obviously simply want to pick a fight. Not today, chump.

But then, you perhaps think I believe God forgives us of our sins because He loves us?

Last edited:

fzappa13

The problem I see on Christian forums is over moderation.

I beg to differ ... you should have seen this place back when they were letting Leo Volont run amok. Not pretty. Any functional society or subset thereof needs cops or things get pretty ugly. Ever read "Lord of the Flies?" Or, better yet, ever read a forum on Topix?

Cross Reference

I beg to differ ... you should have seen this place back when they were letting Leo Volont run amok. Not pretty. Any functional society or subset thereof needs cops or things get pretty ugly. Ever read "Lord of the Flies?" Or, better yet, ever read a forum on Topix?

No thanks. But then, I have been kicked off some boards for mis-spelling, "Amen!".

musterion

Justification precedes sanctification, and true sanctification always goes back to justification.

The Galatians are seeking to be perfected by turning back to religion, by observing “days, and months, and time, and years” (4:10, 11).

“Are ye so foolish, having begun in the Spirit, are ye now perfected in the flesh?” (3:3).

Paul goes clear back to Romans six truth, and testifies to these Galatians,

“I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, Who loved me, and gave Himself for me” (2:20).

He goes back to the truth of II Corinthians 5:17:

“Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.”

And he then sets before us the proper “rule of life” of the believer in words which completely set aside “religious life,” whether Jewish, Romish, or Protestant.

“For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature. And as many as walk according to this rule, peace be on them, and mercy, and upon the Israel of God” (6:15, 16).

William R. Newell (1868-1956)
Professor, Moody Bible Institute
The Spiritual Order of Paul’s Church Epistles

The biggest problem with all Kristian boards is unjustified people telling others how to be sanctified.