The Rapture

Bradley D

"…Immediately after the tribulation of those days: ‘The sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from the sky, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken.’ At that time the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and all the tribes of the earth will mourn. They will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven, with power and great glory. And He will send out His angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather His elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other.…"(Matthew 24:29-31)

Aimiel

"…Immediately after the tribulation of those days...
Note that He didn't say: Great Tribulation. Indeed, He did warn that evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse (fake news, for example) and that there would be wars and rumors of wars; but if you read Revelation and study the timeline, it becomes obvious that the rapture will occur before the seven year Great Tribulation.

Bradley D

are we there yet ?

"And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not troubled; for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be famines, pestilences, and earthquakes in various places. All these are the beginning of sorrows" (Matthew 246-8).

"And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come. So when you see standing in the holy place ‘the abomination of desolation,’ described by the prophet Daniel (let the reader understand)..." (Matthew 24:14-15).

Daniels "abomination of desolation" is believed to have happen with the fall Jerusalem. So Jesus can be using that example to describe the fall of the church.

abomination
βδέλυγμα (bdelygma)
Noun - Accusative Neuter Singular
Strong's Greek 946: An abominable thing, an accursed thing. From bdelusso; a detestation, i.e. idolatry.

of desolation,’
ἐρημώσεως (erēmōseōs)
Noun - Genitive Feminine Singular
Strong's Greek 2050: A desolation, devastation. From eremoo; despoliation.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The Body of Christ is caught up before the tribulation.

I believe the 144,000 are caught up mid-tribulation.

Revelation 14 King James Version (KJV)
14 And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.

2 And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps:

3 And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth.
This deserves a revival. Too bad there isn't anyone here. The late Bob Hill wrote that "falling away" is wrongly translated from Greek and the context says "departure". He isn't the only one. I only recently saw this channel. But he says everything the Bible teaches.

fzappa13

2Thes 2:3Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

646. ἀποστασία apostasia ap-os-tas-ee'-ah

feminine of the same as 647; defection from truth (properly, the state) ("apostasy"):--falling away, forsake.

STRONGS NUMBER G647
Word Summary
apostasion: a forsaking, (bill of) divorce
Original Word: ἀποστάσιον
Transliteration: apostasion
Phonetic Spelling: (ap-os-tas'-ee-on)
Part of Speech: Noun, Neuter
Short Definition: a forsaking, (bill of) divorce
Meaning: a forsaking, (bill of) divorce
Strong's Concordance
certificate of divorce
Neuter of a (presumed) adjective from a derivative of aphistemi; properly, something separative, i.e. (specially) divorce -- (writing of) divorcement.

Word Summary
aphistēmi: to lead away, to depart from
Original Word: ἀφίστημι
Transliteration: aphistēmi
Phonetic Spelling: (af-is'-tay-mee)
Part of Speech: Verb
Short Definition: to lead away, to depart from
Meaning: to lead away, to depart from
Strong's Concordance
depart, fall away, refrain, withdraw self.
From apo and histemi; to remove, i.e. (actively) instigate to revolt; usually (reflexively) to desist, desert, etc. -- depart, draw (fall) away, refrain, withdraw self.

There's your "departure."

Please notice that the original term is feminine. We're not talking about the groom here we're talking about the bride falling away. The five foolish virgins as it were.

Last edited:

Right Divider

Body part
Please notice that the original term is feminine. We're not talking about the groom here we're talking about the bride falling away. The five foolish virgins as it were.
The body of Christ has nothing to do with the "10 virgins".

That you cannot rightly divide is a primary reason for your high level of confusion on the meaning of many parts of scripture (like the book of Revelation).

fzappa13

This deserves a revival. Too bad there isn't anyone here. The late Bob Hill wrote that "falling away" is wrongly translated from Greek and the context says "departure". He isn't the only one. I only recently saw this channel. But he says everything the Bible teaches.

I have an inherent distrust of people who read from teleprompters. I mean, if it's in your heart it will come out of your mouth. If you need a teleprompter it's likely someone else's words that you haven't taken the time to memorize.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I have an inherent distrust of people who read from teleprompters. I mean, if it's in your heart it will come out of your mouth. If you need a teleprompter it's likely someone else's words that you haven't taken the time to memorize.

Or, they use it as an aide to help them stay on track when presenting information on a complex topic...

Have you never used note cards when making a presentation? Same thing, just digital instead of analog.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
OK. Let's hope you don't wind up in court or depositions

Why do you think I would?

or the second resurrection ... you don't get to use a teleprompter at any of them.

Why do you think I would?

Is there something about using a teleprompter that is sinful? Or are you just trying to get yourself in trouble?

Getting back on topic, how about you respond to the point made by Nick, instead of complaining that the video presenter used a teleprompter.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
This is what people say when avoiding the subject. Just what I said.

So you can't link to the post in question that you think doesn't deserve being in the HoF?

Posts are purged for space.

Currently, the only posts that are deleted to reduce storage space on the server are those that are deleted because the poster broke the rules.

As for the rest of the previously deleted posts that we had to delete when we migrated from Vbulletin to Xenforo and changed hands to BEL... Maybe @xfclown can explain why?

Either way, this isn't the thread to have this discussion in. Please start a new thread in the Welcome Center.