The Rump Congress and the Christmas Coup

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I knew a kid and his old man just like the Donald and his old man.

One day I just finally had it with him and popped him a good one right in the mouth

A few days later, we run into his dad, his teeth wired together like Pacino in The Godfather.

Turned out he'd approached my old man about my having popped his son in the mouth; took a swing at my old man; who proceeded to rearrange his teeth, but never said a word about it, after that.

But that is basically what Trump has needed for far too long - a good rap in the mouth.
:rotfl:

rexlunae

They are concerned about checks and balances also.

No they aren't. At least, they didn't seem so concerned when an independent council was appointed to investigate Bill Clinton. A lot of the people are the very same folks.

The special prosecuter's office can be used to upset it.

It is a far greater threat to our system of government for politicians to subvert the rule of law, and especially if an administration and their allies in Congress conspire together to do it. That's the reason for the appointment of this special prosecutor. Mueller's power is limited to that of a prosecutor. The only real special power he has is a certain amount of administrative independence from the people who hired him, all Republicans. The reason that he terrifies Trump and his allies in Congress is their awareness of their guilt.

And I think how Mueller has been ignoring privacy concerns, that this caused the perception of sloppiness and/or opportunism for Mueller and his team.

Those perceptions are being deliberately stoked by Trump and his allies. They aren't Mueller's fault.

I have always expected Trump would get 4 years in office at most. He may get even fewer.

We can hope.

Last edited:

SabathMoon

BANNED
Banned
No they aren't. At least, they didn't seem so concerned when an independent council was appointed to investigate Bill Clinton. A lot of the people are the very same folks.
The JBS does at least.

Rex said:
It is a far greater threat to our system of government for politicians to subvert the rule of law, and especially if an administration and their allies in Congress conspire together to do it. That's the reason for the appointment of this special prosecutor. Mueller's power is limited to that of a prosecutor. The only real special power he has is a certain amount of administrative independence from the people who hired him, all Republicans. The reason that he terrifies Trump and his allies in Congress is their awareness of their guilt.
The law against foreign influence is actually a constitutional law which hasn't been enforced in decades, and maybe centuries. He is floating the law openly instead of secretly. Therefore, this isn't as new as you think it is.

Rex said:
Those perceptions are being deliberately stoked by Trump and his allies. They aren't Mueller's fault.
Alan Dersowitz is a Democrat. He thinks Mueller is sloppy, and somewhat unprofessional. But Mueller is getting lots of documentation, so everyone is amazed.

Rex said:
We can hope.
Whatever! Donald Trump has no clout, and never did. My hope is that Republicans start ignoring Mueller and let him do his thing, whatever it is.

Forgive me for being to terse. I wanted to get to the point faster. ;)

rexlunae

The JBS does at least.

JBS?

The law against foreign influence is actually a constitutional law which hasn't been enforced in decades, and maybe centuries. He is floating the law openly instead of secretly. Therefore, this isn't as new as you think it is.

Depends on what you're referring to. The laws against receiving campaign aide are statutory. The emoluments clauses are Constitutional.

Alan Dersowitz is a Democrat. He thinks Mueller is sloppy, and somewhat unprofessional.

So he claims. But he's the kind of Democrat who likes to go on Fox News to explain to their viewers how Trump couldn't possibly have broken the law on a variety of unproven legal theories. He also declared that of Keith Ellison were allowed to become chair of the DNC I don't find his theories very persuasive in general. Mueller's reputation, including among Republican members of Congress prior to the last few weeks, has always been one of great integrity and diligence.

But Mueller is getting lots of documentation, so everyone is amazed.

Mueller is a pro. Trump can barely find people willing to defend him.

Whatever! Donald Trump has no clout, and never did. My hope is that Republicans start ignoring Mueller and let him do his thing, whatever it is.

That's exactly what they need to do.

Forgive me for being to terse. I wanted to get to the point faster. ;)

No worries. Terse is good with me.

rexlunae

There's still no evidence that Bob Mueller has a conflict of interest. There's still no evidence any FBI agent or Justice Department official behaved inappropriately in this investigation. The Steele Dossier is not BS, and there's no reason to believe it was the basis for any action in the FISA court. This is a bunch of lose talk, a smear job.

And as a simple correction, there's no "enabling legislation" related to appointing a special prosecutor. That would be an independent prosecutor, and the legal authorization for that was repealed. The authority for Mueller's position is found in Justice Department policy, and it doesn't discuss anything that he claimed:

https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/28/600.1

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
A year ago this kind of loony conspiracy theory peddling would have only been found on InfoWars. Now Fox hosts talk about it openly. It's disgraceful.
Fox News tells the truth, rex. Most Trusted Most Watched. The fix was in for Trump and the dirty details are finally coming out. You must be ashamed.

rexlunae

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Fox News tells the truth, rex. Most Trusted Most Watched. The fix was in for Trump and the dirty details are finally coming out. You must be ashamed.
I watched that video and the only specific thing they mentioned as the change from "grossly negligent". Is that the only specific action?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I watched that video and the only specific thing they mentioned as the change from "grossly negligent". Is that the only specific action?
No, there's much more. Andrew McCabe was grilled behind closed doors yesterday for about 10-12 hours by the Judiciary. Subpoenas are forthcoming. The FBI and the DOJ are in big trouble, including Mueller's witch hunt.

I posted about it all in previous pages.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
No, there's much more. Andrew McCabe was grilled behind closed doors yesterday for about 10-12 hours by the Judiciary. Subpoenas are forthcoming. The FBI and the DOJ are in big trouble, including Mueller's witch hunt.

I see your post about McCabe and subpoenas but there wasn't anything about what they did.

rexlunae

And what horrible conspiracy did that 10-12 hours of grilling produce?