The Saving results of the Death of Christ !

Hoping

Banned
I dont see your beliefs in scripture.
You don't see repentance from sin in scripture?
How about Luke 24:47..."And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem."
That remission of sins, in His name, occurs at our baptism into Christ and into His death and burial. (Acts 2:38, Rom 6:3-7)
The Jesus I serve didnt just make Salvation possible, He actually saved them He died for by putting away their sins, they are all gone ! Heb 9:26
26 For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.
He did it by the sacrifice of Himself !
I agree completely.
Thanks be to God for allowing us to take part in that redemption from past sins.
Your POV seems to leave men out of the equation.
We have our part to do too.

beloved57

You don't see repentance from sin in scripture?
How about Luke 24:47..."And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem."
That remission of sins, in His name, occurs at our baptism into Christ and into His death and burial. (Acts 2:38, Rom 6:3-7)

I agree completely.
Thanks be to God for allowing us to take part in that redemption from past sins.
Your POV seems to leave men out of the equation.
We have our part to do too.
Christs death provides repentance to them He died for, thats why His death is a saving death. You preach a false jesus that requires your part to do, the Jesus I preach did it all, all that it took to save His People.

beloved57

Christ did so much more than dying for sin and making Salvation possible or available to all mankind, thats such a false teaching, However what He did do for them He died for, Gods Elect, He absolutely redeemed them unto God, by His Blood observe Rev 5:9

9 And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;

To be redeemed to God is Salvation, or why the New Song ?

Hoping

Banned
Christs death provides repentance to them He died for, thats why His death is a saving death. You preach a false jesus that requires your part to do, the Jesus I preach did it all, all that it took to save His People.
That doesn't ring true.
Men must turn from one master, (sin), in order to serve the real Master.
No man can serve two masters. (Matt 6:24)

Hoping

Banned
Christ did so much more than dying for sin and making Salvation possible or available to all mankind, thats such a false teaching, However what He did do for them He died for, Gods Elect, He absolutely redeemed them unto God, by His Blood observe Rev 5:9

9 And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;

To be redeemed to God is Salvation, or why the New Song ?
Too bad not all will elect to submit to Him.

beloved57

Christs saving death is saving/salvation because it gives life, and that more abundantly. Jn 10:10-11

10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they[Sheep] might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

Notice in Vs 10 that Jesus says specifically of His Sheep, that the reason why He came into the world was so that they might [ as in purpose] have life, not to offer life to them, but so they may have it, experience it, and that in a abundant manner. Then He gives us in Vs 11 the cause and ground of that giving them life, because He giveth His Life [meaning His substitutionary death] for them the Sheep. His death for them, ensures them having [experientially] life and that more in abundant.

That word abundantly in Vs 10 is the word perissos and means:

1. exceeding some number or measure or rank or need
    1. over and above, more than is necessary, superadded
      1. exceeding abundantly, supremely
      2. something further, more, much more than all, more plainly
    2. superior, extraordinary, surpassing, uncommon
      1. pre-eminence, superiority, advantage, more eminent, more remarkable, more excellent

This is speaking of Spiritual life, so Christs death ensures the spiritual abundant life. This is also what Christ meant whe He spake these words in Jn 6:33

For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world.

The world here is not all without exception, but His Sheep World, all without distinction.

beloved57

Both Faith and Repentance are the fruit of Christs Death and our reconciliation to Him. All for whom He died have been reconciled to God Rom 5:10

10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

So that reconciliation will be manifested by us returning to God, which entails Faith and Repentance. Peter writes of that here 1 Pet 2:24-25

24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

25 For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.

The word returned here is the word epistrephō:

And its in the passive voice,

1. to cause to return, to bring back
    1. to the love and obedience of God
    2. to the love for the children
    3. to love wisdom and righteousness

This is describing our conversion in Faith and repentance towards God. The saving death of Christ is responsible for our turning to God.

beloved57

The results of the saving death of Christ is redemptive and so it effects the gathering of all Gods chosen people from around the world Ps 107:1-3

O give thanks unto the Lord, for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever.

2 Let the redeemed of the Lord say so, whom he hath redeemed from the hand of the enemy;

3 And gathered them out of the lands, from the east, and from the west, from the north, and from the south.

Remember the high priest words in Jn 11 how that Christ should die and gather the children of God scattered abroad, and not just from the nation israel ? Jn 11:50-52

50 Nor consider that it is expedient for us, that one man should die for the people, and that the whole nation perish not.

51 And this spake he not of himself: but being high priest that year, he prophesied that Jesus should die for that nation;

52 And not for that nation only, but that also he should gather together in one the children of God that were scattered abroad.

This gathering together of the people of God is the fruit and success of the redemptive , saving death of Christ.

beloved57

All for whom Christ died will be born again anew. When He died, those He died for were in union with Him, similar to how when Adam sin and died they died with him because in union with him. And so likewise when Christ was raised from the dead, they in union with Him were raised also with Him, and it will be made evident by giving them also newness of life, or the new birth.

Rom 6:4-5

4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:

Now if we dont believe in this union with Christ, when He died, we died , when He arose with Him in union, then , if we believe in water baptism, that's what we are publicly saying, that we we were in union with Him, as He was our federal representative. And so His resurrection from the dead typifies our sure spiritual resurrection from the dead into newness of life ! So blessed are they who have part in the first resurrection !

beloved57

The regeneration of those that Christ died for, is due to Christs resurrection from the dead, Peter writes 1 Pet 1:3

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

The prep "by" here is dia and means:

: through, throughout, by the instrumentality of, (b) acc: through, on account of, by reason of, for the sake of, because of.

The words begotten us again is the word anagennaó:

/aná, "up, again," which intensifies 1080 /gennáō, "give birth") – properly, born-again or "born from on high."

313 /anagennáō ("born again, from above") is used twice in the NT (1 Pet 1:3,23) – both times referring to God regenerating a believer (giving a supernatural, new birth).

to produce again, beget again, beget anew; metaphorically: τινα, thoroughly to change the mind of one, so that he lives a new life and one conformed to the will of God, 1 Peter 1:3;

Thats were our believing comes from, thats part of the newness of life

Christs death put away our sins, hence justice satisfied, new life is given !

beloved57

Christs Death produces Saving results because its the death that effects the Blood of the New Covenant. Matt 26:28

28 For this is my blood of the new testament/covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

This New Covenant Death has promises connected to it, these promises are unconditional, not conditioned on what the recipients [the many] have to meet, For Christ met all the conditions.

Under the Old Covenant, the recipients broke that Covenant Heb 8:7-12

7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.

8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:

9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.

Jer 31:32

Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the Lord:

So this covenant has no conditions to perform, and its saving because it effects #1 Remission/forgiveness of sins. No conditions, because God has promised to forgive all their sins:

Heb 8:12

12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

This is the same forgiveness spoken of in Matt 26:28

28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

beloved57

Those for whom Christ died, are ensured of Salvation because He liveth to make intercession for them.

Rom 8:32-34

32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

Nothing in this chain events has anything to do with what the sinner did.

Those who Christ died for are automatically beneficiaries of His Intercession for them

Isa 53:12

12 Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.

If you notice He made intercession for not believers, but transgressors. and why? Because for them He poured out his soul unto death.

The word transgressors mean: to rebel, transgress, revolt

Heb 7:25

25 Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.

So those He died for, He lives evermore, makes intercession for them, which ensures them being saved to the uttermost.

Therefore, all for whom Christ died, and rose again in behalf of, He intercedes for them, ensuring their conversion.

beloved57

Christs Intercession and Advocacy are efficacious benefits for any and all for whom Christ died 1 Jn 2:1-2

My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

Being a propitiation for our sins is another way of saying He died for us, so He lives to be our Intercessor and Advocate/paraklētos.

1. one who pleads another's cause before a judge, a pleader, counsel for defense, legal assistant, an advocate
  2. one who pleads another's cause with one, an intercessor
    1. of Christ in his exaltation at God's right hand, pleading with God the Father for the pardon of our sins

He can successfully plea on behalf of those He died for, because the sins they are committing He has satisfied Gods Justice for

beloved57

The Death of Christ is a Saving death, it produces a seed that shall serve Him Isa 53:10

10 Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.

Ps 22:30-31

30 A seed shall serve him; it shall be accounted to the Lord for a generation.

31 They shall come, and shall declare his righteousness unto a people that shall be born, that he hath done this.

This seed serving Him is the result of God making His soul an offering for sin.

It coincides with the Lords words in John 12:24

24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

The word fruit here means:

1. the fruit of one's loins, i.e. his progeny, his posterity

The word seed in Isa 53:10 means:

1. offspring, descendants, posterity, children

beloved57

To bring us to God !

Did Christs death accomplish its saving purpose ? Which was to bring Gods elect to God 1 Pet 3:18

For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

Did His being put to death enough to bring about the desired effects, to bring People to God. The word bring prosagō:

to lead, to bring
  1. to open a way of access, for one to God
    1. to render one acceptable to God
  2. to bring) one to God, i. e. to render one acceptable to God and assured of his grace (a figure borrowed from those who secure for one the privilege of an interview with the sovereign),

to draw near to, approach

Its just like Ps 65:4

Blessed is the man whom thou choosest, and causest to approach unto thee, that he may dwell in thy courts: we shall be satisfied with the goodness of thy house, even of thy holy temple.

That blessed man is someone Christ died for.

Hoping

Banned
To bring us to God !

Did Christs death accomplish its saving purpose ? Which was to bring Gods elect to God 1 Pet 3:18

For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

Did His being put to death enough to bring about the desired effects, to bring People to God. The word bring prosagō:

to lead, to bring
  1. to open a way of access, for one to God
    1. to render one acceptable to God
  2. to bring) one to God, i. e. to render one acceptable to God and assured of his grace (a figure borrowed from those who secure for one the privilege of an interview with the sovereign),

to draw near to, approach

Its just like Ps 65:4

Blessed is the man whom thou choosest, and causest to approach unto thee, that he may dwell in thy courts: we shall be satisfied with the goodness of thy house, even of thy holy temple.

That blessed man is someone Christ died for.
I though you taught that we had no choice in the matter?
If we answer the "drawing", it seems it is our choice.

beloved57

I though you taught that we had no choice in the matter?
If we answer the "drawing", it seems it is our choice.
You shouldn't go by what you think, but by what I actually post. Now notice what 1 Pet 3:18 is saying, that the end result in Christ suffering and dying for Gods elect, that it brings conversion to God, it brings, leads them to God. Isnt that a blessing and powerful testimony to the power of Christs death? Do you believe it ?

Hoping

Banned
You shouldn't go by what you think, but by what I actually post.
Have you changed your POV on calvinism?
I hope so.
Now notice what 1 Pet 3:18 is saying, that the end result in Christ suffering and dying for Gods elect, that it brings conversion to God, it brings, leads them to God. Isnt that a blessing and powerful testimony to the power of Christs death? Do you believe it ?
It is blessing to all who choose to submit to Him.
I have chosen to submit, so my actions declare my belief.