The Separation of Church and State Begins Within

PureX

This simply means that Michael Wong has no idea what it means to be a Christian or a true follower of Christ. We Christians believe that God exists and He created us. We worship Him because he is Holy. We beleive that God the Father sent Jesus Christ do die for our sins as a Holy sacrifice and that we have enternal salvation. We are guided by the Holy Spirit and the Bible is His revelation to us. Since we belong to God our lives are guided by him. It's not possible to be separated from Him. So this notion that we must leave out of our daily lives our "religion" or lead separare "religious" and secular lives out of our daily lives is just plain ignorance on the part of Michael Wong. Now, the bit about praying for a car is silly. But I think Michael Wong used an extreme example to make overgeneralizations. It's and old and obvious trick I see often. Ther is nothing in Michael Wong's post that is particularly thought provoking or insightful. He's just trying to use extreme example to rail against "religious fundamentalists", whoever they are.
I think Mr. Wong understands it just fine. What he's doing is pointing out the dysfunctional absurdity of it when it becomes obsessive, as it sometimes does.

Dan Emanuel

Do you really think everyone who is not a Christian is an idolator of money, or power, or sex, or violence, or fame, or whatever? And that no Christians are? If so, your bias has completely usurped your honesty, and your reason.
I think everybodies an idolater of something, yes.

DJ

Jose Fly

RE: The OP....

They're basically Christian theocrats without the political power to install a theocracy, and it frustrates them.

PureX

RE: The OP....

They're basically Christian theocrats without the political power to install a theocracy, and it frustrates them.
But it runs way deeper than politics. These people define and interact with everything as if it were a religious issue. Even when it has nothing whatever to do with religion. Which is why they are theocrats in the first place: because they view politics, like everything else, as though it were religion.

Dan Emanuel

So you view all other human beings in terms of your own religion...
Yes, of course I do. Thats what it mean's that its my religion. (I feel like putting the "duh" smiley up, but I'll refrain. ;))
...and you condemn them as a result...
Nope. I myself am an idolater. Its what my flesh is, this aging, decaying body of mine, fit for nothing now except bringing home the bacon and rearing my children for there future. Each day I get older, and my body show's sign's of it happening; I'm no longer in the flower of my youth. Like most young people, I didn't realize what a gift youth is, until it faded. But even this gift pale's in comparison to the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. This is my religion, and the more I believe in Jesus, like a child, the more I love every other idolater out they're, because I'm loving myself.
...Yet you don't see how biased and dysfunctional that is.
I disagree with you're thought here.

DJ

Jose Fly

But it runs way deeper than politics. These people define and interact with everything as if it were a religious issue. Even when it has nothing whatever to do with religion. Which is why they are theocrats in the first place: because they view politics, like everything else, as though it were religion.

And it's even deeper than that; they also expect everyone else to live that way too, because they believe that's the only proper way to live. Their problem is, they can't force that upon us any more. Oh....but back in the day they sure could.

PureX

And it's even deeper than that; they also expect everyone else to live that way too, because they believe that's the only proper way to live. Their problem is, they can't force that upon us any more. Oh....but back in the day they sure could.
Sadly, yes. It's a kind of toxic myopia.