The Sound of Freedom

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
That is such hypocrisy since wrong is wrong no matter which group one is in.
Alas, love is waxing colder and colder in the world and it's becoming harder to find places that treat people with love and kindness.
But don't give up hope.
Was Jesus treating people with love and kindness when he directed the apostles to shake the dust from their feet?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Was Jesus treating people with love and kindness when he directed the apostles to shake the dust from their feet?
In no way was Nick treating AB with love and kindness when he bore false witness by saying AB was a queer and a child molester when there has been no evidence of it.
It was a lie just to be mean to another, and it's atrocious to use Jesus' actions to excuse his lying meanness.
None should be a supporter of bearing vile false witness against another.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Similarly, in no way was Jesus treating those who reject the gospel message with love and kindness when he told the apostles to shake the dust from their feet
Jesus did not tell the apostles to tell vile lies about someone's character as you are shaking dust off your feet.
People tend to use verses like that as a pathetic excuse just so they can be purposely ugly to someone.
There is no evidence that AB is a child molester or a queer, and to allow anyone on either side to get a pass for telling such vile lies about a person's character is flat out wrong.
Don't use Jesus to excuse people for doing such.

ok doser

Jesus did not tell the apostles to tell vile lies about someone's character as you are shaking dust off your feet.
Yes He did! 😁

Was He treating those who reject the gospel message with love and kindness?

Last edited by a moderator:

Arthur Brain

That is such hypocrisy since wrong is wrong no matter which group one is in.
Alas, love is waxing colder and colder in the world and it's becoming harder to find places that treat people with love and kindness.
But don't give up hope.
It is but it's only to be expected around this place now. I've been blunt on plenty occasions and pushed the envelope plenty of times and as a result - had a fair share of well deserved bans since joining back in 2006. There's a difference between that and outright sleaze, trolling and lies that gets a pass here nowadays. Thanks for the support. Love is still in the world and much needed.

Arthur Brain

AB is to be rebuked sharply. Just like the first time I was here. He isn’t confused or wrong, he chooses evil.
So, your idea of a "sharp rebuke" is to fabricate pathetic lies about me? Isn't that evil? As much as I've despised your positions on all sorts of topics through the years on here Nick, I would not and have never resorted to calling you a molester of children and the like. That is reprehensible and it's all on you.

Last edited:

Arthur Brain

LOL @ "Knight at the helm".

Ah, do thou regale us with thine sweet reminiscences of ye olde chivalrous days of yore!⚔
Knight was the founder of this entire forum and was active on it for years. We sure didn't agree on plenty of stuff and he gave me a share of bans through the times when this forum was actually alive and not just a wilderness as it is now. You probably weren't even here when this place was an active, bustling place to be and not just an echo chamber.

Arthur Brain

In no way was Nick treating AB with love and kindness when he bore false witness by saying AB was a queer and a child molester when there has been no evidence of it.
It was a lie just to be mean to another, and it's atrocious to use Jesus' actions to excuse his lying meanness.
None should be a supporter of bearing vile false witness against another.
I appreciate the words again Tam but pretty much falling on deaf ears with some of this lot. They'll justify anything if it's with a person they don't like or disagree with up to the point of calling them pedophiles without any support for it. Pathetic, yes but that's how it is around this joint now unfortunately.

Arthur Brain

People tend to use verses like that as a pathetic excuse just so they can be purposely ugly to someone.
There is no evidence that AB is a child molester or a queer, and to allow anyone on either side to get a pass for telling such vile lies about a person's character is flat out wrong.
Don't use Jesus to excuse people for doing such.
Thanks again. :)

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
Knight was the founder of this entire forum and was active on it for years.
Out of gratitude for that info, I feel I should reciprocate by informing you that the top-leftmost letter keys on the standard computer keyboard are laid out to spell "QWERTY". And so, if you see "QWERTY" in said position on your computer keyboard, then you are using a standard keyboard layout. Oh, I should also add that the will be the case whether you are using a laptop computer or a desktop computer.
We sure didn't agree on plenty of stuff and he gave me a share of bans through the times when this forum was actually alive and not just a wilderness as it is now.
Does he keep in touch with you?
You probably weren't even here when
That's cold, man! You don't have to rub it in. I'm already really, really ashamed of and sensitive about my lack of seniority on TOL.
this place
The UK? I've never been in that place.
was an active, bustling place to be and not just an echo chamber.
Oh, the vanished glory of it all!😭

The echoes live on:

@Arthur Brain complaining about me responding to a post from a defunct TOL poster:
to a poster who isn't even on here anymore.
@Arthur Brain responding to a post from a defunct TOL poster:
Knight - you're sorely missed.

Arthur Brain

Out of gratitude for that info, I feel I should reciprocate by informing you that the top-leftmost letter keys on the standard computer keyboard are laid out to spell "QWERTY". And so, if you see "QWERTY" in said position on your computer keyboard, then you are using a standard keyboard layout. Oh, I should also add that the will be the case whether you are using a laptop computer or a desktop computer.

That's cold, man! You don't have to rub it in. I'm already really, really ashamed of and sensitive about my lack of seniority on TOL.

The echoes live on:

@Arthur Brain complaining about me responding to a post from a defunct TOL poster:

Yeah, that was a whole load of something.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yes He did! 😁

Was He treating those who reject the gospel message with love and kindness?
No excuse for saying something so foul. It is not a good look for Christians. and it is a poor witness. And please do not alter the meaning of member's posts when you quote them. I put the quote back to the way it is supposed to be.

Arthur Brain

The echoes live on:

Telling that your bringing up the amount of times over months if not more regarding the actual founder of this forum - a conservative no less - elicits laughter from a few here. This place wouldn't even be here for anyone to giggle at anything if it weren't for Knight. Shows how much respect some of the far right including long standing members have for a guy who made the actual forum itself...

ok doser

Don't change my quote when you quote my post.
That's being deceptive.
The only part of this I'm interested in, Tam, is your apparent belief that everybody here should expect to be treated with love and kindness. I'm not interested in getting in a debate over Nick's choice of words. Nick is entirely capable of defending himself.