The Throne of God and of the Lamb

Jerry Shugart

The following verse is speaking of only "one" throne:

"And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him" (Rev.22:3).​

Here is what John saw and heard while he was at that throne, the throne of God and of the Lamb:

"And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful. And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely. He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son" (Rev.21:5-7).​

Here we read the one on the throne saying, "I will be his God." This is God speaking and since there can only be ONE who is the beginning and the end and the Alpha and the Omega, then it cannot be denied that the one speaking is Jesus Christ:

"And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last" (Rev.22:12-13).​

These are the words of the Lord Jesus because He is the one who says, "I come quickly" (Rev.22:20).

There is only "One" on the Throne of God and the Lamb, and that proves that the Lord Jesus is God--the Alpha and Omega and the Beginning and the End.

Last edited:

Robert Pate

Banned

"And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him" (Rev.22:3).​

Here is what John saw and heard while he was at that throne, the throne of God and of the Lamb:

"And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful. And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely. He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son" (Rev.21:5-7).​

Here we read the one on the throne saying, "I will be his God." This is God speaking and since there can only be ONE who is the beginning and the end and the Alpha and the Omega, then it cannot be denied that the one speaking is Jesus Christ:

"And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last" (Rev.22:12-13).​

These are the words of the Lord Jesus because He is the one who says, "I come quickly" (Rev.22:20).

There is only "One" on the Throne of God and the Lamb, and that proves that the Lord Jesus is God--the Alpha and Omega and the Beginning and the End.

Amen to that!

HisServant

Since your post is devoid of context and is only a cherry picking of discrete verses (they are also out of chronological order)... your message cannot be from God on this.

Jerry Shugart

Since your post is devoid of context and is only a cherry picking of discrete verses (they are also out of chronological order)... your message cannot be from God on this.

Spoken by someone who is allergic to the truth of God and has no answer to the verses which I quoted.

HisServant

Since your verses as they are mean absolutely nothing, there is really nothing for me to respond to.

Other than you have bastardized God's word and abbreviated what he was trying to say to make his words say what you want them to say.

Your tactics are exactly what Satan used on Eve in the garden.

If I try and take what you are saying at face value... it really doesn't provide enough support to actually 'prove' anything. One could say that since you are taking the verses in opposite order to 'prove' your point that they are actually disproving them.

As far as Jesus being God... all the proof that is needed from our perspective is that Jesus said that "whomever has seen him had seen the Father" Why go to such lengths to use a piece of scripture that was not meant to prove that Jesus is God to do so?

I'm really quite tired of people using scripture to teach things that the scripture was not meant to teach. Have you no respect for the Holy Spirits purpose in inspiration?

Jerry Shugart

Since your verses as they are mean absolutely nothing, there is really nothing for me to respond to.

Just another of your excuses to explain why you are unable to prove anything I said is in error.

Since you have been unable to provide anything of substance you will not be missed.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Other than you have bastardized God's word and abbreviated what he was trying to say to make his words say what you want them to say.

Your tactics are exactly what Satan used on Eve in the garden.

If I try and take what you are saying at face value... it really doesn't provide enough support to actually 'prove' anything. One could say that since you are taking the verses in opposite order to 'prove' your point that they are actually disproving them.

As far as Jesus being God... all the proof that is needed from our perspective is that Jesus said that "whomever has seen him had seen the Father" Why go to such lengths to use a piece of scripture that was not meant to prove that Jesus is God to do so?

I'm really quite tired of people using scripture to teach things that the scripture was not meant to teach. Have you no respect for the Holy Spirits purpose in inspiration?

I agree.

Jerry makes things up to fit his fallen mind.

LA

Daniel1611

I can't believe the divinity if Christ is even a debate. If you don't believe the clear biblical teaching that Jesus is God, you are far outside of orthodox Christianity. There are a million threads about this.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I can't believe the divinity if Christ is even a debate. If you don't believe the clear biblical teaching that Jesus is God, you are far outside of orthodox Christianity. There are a million threads about this.

Jesus is not God the Father as Jerry is trying to say.

1Co 8:6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

LA

achduke

Rev 22:3 And there shall be no more curse, but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it, and His servants shall serve Him.

Am I the only one that sees that Christ and God occupy the same physical location? That Christ being the temple had the Father there with him and in him? Does anyone not see that Rev 22:3 had both God the Father and Jesus Christ, two beings on one thrown? Does anyone else agree with this?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

I said
I see what your saying. But cant there be one throne and two seats?

Acts 2:32-33
32 "This Jesus God has raised up, of which we are all witnesses.
33 "Therefore being exalted to the right hand of God, and having received from the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, He poured out this which you now see and hear.
(NKJ)

Heb 1:3
3 who being the brightness of His glory and the express image of His person, and upholding all things by the word of His power, when He had by Himself purged our sins, sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high,
(NKJ)

achduke

I said

I suppose a thrown can have more then one seat but how many people does Philip and Thomas see? Does he not see God and Christ together?

John 14:10 Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me? The words that I speak to you I do not speak on My own authority but the Father who dwells in Me does the works.

John 20:28 And Thomas answered and said to Him, "My Lord and my God!"

Is Christ's body not a temple?

John 2:21 But He was speaking of the temple of His body.

Does the Spirit not dwell in the temple?

1 Corinthians 6:19 Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I suppose a thrown can have more then one seat but how many people does Philip and Thomas see? Does he not see God and Christ together?

Is Christ's body not a temple?

Does the Spirit not dwell in the temple?

I said
Thomas knew that God was in Jesus. And Thomas was addressing both of them to keep from insulting one or the other.

achduke

I said
Thomas knew that God was in Jesus. And Thomas was addressing both of them to keep from insulting one or the other.

I know some see it but most do not. We have been blinded for so long by the trinity and oneness doctrines that we do not see the kingdom of God.

Luke 17:21 "nor will they say, 'See here!' or 'See there!' For indeed, the kingdom of God is within you."

Jerry Shugart

John only saw One on the throne:

"And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new" (Rev.21:5).​

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
John only saw One on the throne:

"And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new" (Rev.21:5).​

No.

Act 7:56 And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God.

Jerry Shugart

No.

Act 7:56 And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God.

There it is obvious that it is the Lord Jesus' role as "Man" which is in view (Son of Man) and not His role as "Son of God."

You still have not explained why John saw only ONE sitting on the Throne of God and of the Lamb:

Do you think that there can be two who can describe themselves as the Alpha and the Omega and the beginning and the end?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
There it is obvious that it is the Lord Jesus' role as "Man" which is in view (Son of Man) and not His role as "Son of God."

You still have not explained why John saw only ONE sitting on the Throne of God and of the Lamb:

Do you think that there can be two who can describe themselves as the Alpha and the Omega and the beginning and the end?

Your view denies Gods son.

1Ti 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;