The Throne of God and of the Lamb

Desert Reign

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The following verse is speaking of only "one" throne:
"And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him" (Rev.22:3).​

I am curious as to what you make of Rev 3:21?

glorydaz

It's good to see you are still reading my posts, Jerry. Great idea for a thread. :chuckle:

You mean this one "throne" of God and the Lamb? "His" servants shall serve HIM....not them? Who is confused? :chuckle:

Revelation 22:3 And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:​

Jerry Shugart

I am curious as to what you make of Rev 3:21?

The throne spoken of there there is the throne of David, and it speaks of an earthly reign:

"When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory" (Mt.25:31).​

aikido7

BANNED
Banned

"And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him" (Rev.22:3).​

Here is what John saw and heard while he was at that throne, the throne of God and of the Lamb:

"And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful. And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely. He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son" (Rev.21:5-7).​

Here we read the one on the throne saying, "I will be his God." This is God speaking and since there can only be ONE who is the beginning and the end and the Alpha and the Omega, then it cannot be denied that the one speaking is Jesus Christ:

"And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last" (Rev.22:12-13).​

These are the words of the Lord Jesus because He is the one who says, "I come quickly" (Rev.22:20).

There is only "One" on the Throne of God and the Lamb, and that proves that the Lord Jesus is God--the Alpha and Omega and the Beginning and the End.

What does this throne look like? Where is it located? Is it made of gold or what? How big do you think it is?

This is theology you are talking about. It has nothing to do with anything that is factually true.

Jerry Shugart

What does this throne look like? Where is it located? Is it made of gold or what? How big do you think it is?

This is theology you are talking about. It has nothing to do with anything that is factually true.

The reference is to an earthly reign where the King will be ruling from the earth. The lack of a physical throne does not hinder a King from reigning in His kingdom.

God's Truth

Here is what John saw and heard while he was at that throne, the throne of God and of the Lamb:

"And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful. And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely. He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son" (Rev.21:5-7).​

Here we read the one on the throne saying, "I will be his God." This is God speaking and since there can only be ONE who is the beginning and the end and the Alpha and the Omega, then it cannot be denied that the one speaking is Jesus Christ:

"And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last" (Rev.22:12-13).​

These are the words of the Lord Jesus because He is the one who says, "I come quickly" (Rev.22:20).

There is only "One" on the Throne of God and the Lamb, and that proves that the Lord Jesus is God--the Alpha and Omega and the Beginning and the End.

That is right, and it also proves Jesus is God the Father.

God's Truth

Am I the only one that sees that Christ and God occupy the same physical location? That Christ being the temple had the Father there with him and in him? Does anyone not see that Rev 22:3 had both God the Father and Jesus Christ, two beings on one thrown? Does anyone else agree with this?

I have been saying that for years. If you believe it what you just said, then you are NOT a trinitarian.

achduke

I have been saying that for years. If you believe it what you just said, then you are NOT a trinitarian.

I am not a trin. You and I see differently. I see the Father IN Christ. You see Christ as the Father from what I can tell. Christ is the temple of God who is the Father. Christ is the cornerstone, the head of the church. The first of many living stones.

God's Truth

I am not a trin. You and I see differently. I see the Father IN Christ. You see Christ as the Father from what I can tell. Christ is the temple of God who is the Father. Christ is the cornerstone, the head of the church. The first of many living stones.

Then think about this:

John 6:63 The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you--they are full of the Spirit and life.

achduke

Then think about this:

John 6:63 The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you--they are full of the Spirit and life.

The Father sends the Spirit of Truth who like Christ does not speak on his own but does what the Father tells him.

John 16:13 "However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.

John 15:26 "But when the Helper comes, whom I shall send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father, He will testify of Me.

John 14:17 "even the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you.

Romans 8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.

Romans 8:16 The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God,

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Instead of talking about a throne in the sky with a lamb involved, why not just say that God is all-powerful and that the metaphor of the lamb according to the Gospel of John presents the idea that Jesus died on the cross innocently to redeem human sin?

This propensity of most believers to take their religious metaphors in some literal sense and couching them in dogmatic frameworks is no longer compelling or persuading to people today. If the faith in Jesus is to spread it must be communicated in such a way as to be understood by the modern mindset.

You are using ancient formulations in the 21st century and expect them to be swallowed whole.

It won't work.