The Wrath of God

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Yup! Often I pray "God protect me and guide me because I am not able to discern my path".

I said
If people don't know who God is or what He does. And they don't know who satan is or what he does. They will never be able to discern which one they are placing as their God.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
He believed in repentance. As did Jesus. The two did not favor blood sacrifice.

Luke 7

John the Baptist

7So he began saying to the crowds who were going out to be baptized by him, "You brood of vipers, who warned you to flee from the wrath to come?​

But he was wrong, influenced by failed OT prophecy. No wrath came.

M

Man.0

Luke 7

John the Baptist

7So he began saying to the crowds who were going out to be baptized by him, "You brood of vipers, who warned you to flee from the wrath to come?​

Just because you can't perceive it, doesn't mean wrath didn't come.

Did not the Romans destroy the temple in 70 A.D. , killing many jews , including 'vipers' (that is, Pharisees) in the process? Did not God use the Romans as instruments to deliver His wrath?

And that verse in Luke 7 needs to be looked at in context. What does the following verse say?

'Bring forth therefore fruits worthy of repentance' (Luke 3:8)

If one does not repent (turn away from sin), wrath will come upon that person/people.

Robert Pate

Banned
What is it? What does it look like? Whom does it fall upon? Could you be experiencing it right now at this very moment? And how would you know?

The wrath of God will fall on all who are outside of Jesus Christ. The unbelievers.

They are the ones that have refused to enter into his rest, Hebrews 4:3.

I suspect that they are the religious who are trying to justify themselves through their works, Matthew 7:21, 22, 23.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
The wrath of God will fall on all who are outside of Jesus Christ. The unbelievers.

They are the ones that have refused to enter into his rest, Hebrews 4:3.

I suspect that they are the religious who are trying to justify themselves through their works, Matthew 7:21, 22, 23.

I said
If all you got is faith, you got nothing. Even if you had the faith to move mountains. if that is all you got , you got nothing.

1 Cor 13:2
2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.
(NKJ)

James 2:24
24 You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only.
(NKJ)

James 2:26
26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.
(NKJ)

Robert Pate

Banned
I said
If all you got is faith, you got nothing. Even if you had the faith to move mountains. if that is all you got , you got nothing.

1 Cor 13:2
2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.
(NKJ)

James 2:24
(NKJ)

James 2:26
26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.
(NKJ)

You quote a lot of scripture, but you understand very little of it.

"But to him that does NO WORKS, but believes on him that justifies the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness" Romans 4:5.

"For what does the scripture say? Abraham believed God and it was counted unto him for righteousness" Romans 4:3.

Stuu

I am in a state of internal disequilibrium if I do not make amends. Mostly it is a matter of attempting to set straight that which has gone awry.
I guess we might differ on the identity of that which is awry.

And of course, dear boy, one does not have the right to decide what another's calling ought to be.
Well indeed and hear, hear.

Maybe you could tell that to all the religious nuts out there who want Jesus to be my friend too. They might take it better from you than I.

Stuart

Danoh

...Did not the Romans destroy the temple in 70 A.D. , killing many jews , including 'vipers' (that is, Pharisees) in the process? Did not God use the Romans as instruments to deliver His wrath?

Yes to the first question. No to the second.

Israel was, and has remained under, "the time of the Gentiles" [the will of various Gentile powers greatly influencing their political fate to this very day]. This began with their Babylonian captivity for their disobedience, for their disobedience of the Law, see Daniel 9's prayer in Daniel 9, but also, his interpretation of King Neb's dream in Daniel 2.

What power was Israel under at that time, only to continue to rebel against the LORD, this time; against His Christ - see John 19: 10-11.

At that time, and per Luke 13:5-9, Israel was given a one year extension after the Cross, secured by the Lord at the Cross per His prayer "Father forgive them," Luke 23: 34, but committed the unpardonable sin in Acts 7:51, they warned of in Matt. 12:30-32, when they resisted the Spirit's witness to them that Jesus had been the Christ - Acts 2 thru chapter 7.

Recall that in Genesis 11, and per Rom. 1 and 2, as well, God's answer in His wrath to the Gentiles in their rebellion against Him had been, not to wipe them out again, rather; to give them up, Rom. 1:24. He did not destroy them. They have been doing that to one another very well on their own to this very day.

In Acts 7:42 the Spirit speaking through Stephen reminds Israel of that time in the past when God gave them up for their disobedience to the Law and the Prophets.

During such times, Israel would continue its own, rebellious path, Hosea 4, this time, with the eventual effect that the Gentiles they were under politically - the Roman Empire - decided to put them in check, if not wipe out a great many of them.

What happened in 70AD was that when the LORD once more removed His hand, Israel, already under a Gentile power: the might of the Roman Empire, continued its rebellion against that power that God had allowed come over them centuries earlier for their disobedience, with the result that the Romans decided against them.

Again, in Acts 13:46, in Acts 18:6, and in Act 28:28, God lets Israel know three times through the Apostle Paul that His hands are clean, that He has turned from Israel.

Israel continued the very rebellion for which God, in His wrath, turned from them, 1 Thess. 2:15-16.

While passages like Romans 11:25-29 relate that was temporary, and 2 Peter 3:15-16.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
You quote a lot of scripture, but you understand very little of it.

"But to him that does NO WORKS, but believes on him that justifies the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness" Romans 4:5.

"For what does the scripture say? Abraham believed God and it was counted unto him for righteousness" Romans 4:3.

I said
And Abraham had to prove it with works, just like we do.

James 2:21-24
21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered Isaac his son on the altar?
22 Do you see that faith was working together with his works, and by works faith was made perfect?
23 And the Scripture was fulfilled which says, "Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness." And he was called the friend of God.
(NKJ)

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Just because you can't perceive it, doesn't mean wrath didn't come.

Did not the Romans destroy the temple in 70 A.D. , killing many jews , including 'vipers' (that is, Pharisees) in the process? Did not God use the Romans as instruments to deliver His wrath?

And that verse in Luke 7 needs to be looked at in context. What does the following verse say?

'Bring forth therefore fruits worthy of repentance' (Luke 3:8)

If one does not repent (turn away from sin), wrath will come upon that person/people.

The Jews lost a war of Gentile vengeance, they've lost many in their exagerated history. Many nations lost wars, nothing to do with Gods wrath. This planet is one long history of man at war.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Luke 7

John the Baptist

It would have been cool if Jesus and the angels and trumpets actually DID fill up the sky before it fell in Rome during that time like he promised.

popsthebuilder

Satan can ask for you so he may test you also.

Luke 22:31-34
31And the Lord said, "Simon, Simon! Indeed, Satan has asked for you, that he may sift you as wheat.
32"But I have prayed for you, that your faith should not fail; and when you have returned to Me, strengthen your brethren."
33But he said to Him, "Lord, I am ready to go with You, both to prison and to death."
34Then He said, "I tell you, Peter, the rooster shall not crow this day before you will deny three times that you know Me."
(NKJ)
Satan doesn't test anyone. There is negativity all around and throughout. The test and salvation are through these daily life trials and the Faith that God will lead us through or tests victorious over temptation, temporal pain and suffering. This suffering is needed for God's chosen to be able to be born again in Crist.

popsthebuilder

I said
I think you should read them verses before you go and judge me.
Read them and tell me what you think that says.

Luke 22:31-34
31 And the Lord said, "Simon, Simon! Indeed, Satan has asked for you, that he may sift you as wheat.
32 "But I have prayed for you, that your faith should not fail; and when you have returned to Me, strengthen your brethren."
33 But he said to Him, "Lord, I am ready to go with You, both to prison and to death."
34 Then He said, "I tell you, Peter, the rooster shall not crow this day before you will deny three times that you know Me."
(NKJ)
Jesus prophesied that Peter would deny God before the call of the rooster which he denied. He said he was ready to die for the teachings of God, yet denied him when the time came. This is why he is still imprisoned to this day and must wait for the end times to be released to his righteous place under God.

M

Man.0

Jesus prophesied that Peter would deny God before the call of the rooster which he denied. He said he was ready to die for the teachings of God, yet denied him when the time came. This is why he is still imprisoned to this day and must wait for the end times to be released to his righteous place under God.

Where in the bible does it say that Peter was imprisoned? Where are you getting this from?

popsthebuilder

I call on you not to make amends.

Let me know how you get on with striving to stay open to that calling.

Stuart
Who are you to call on any man in defiance of what God has shown them? Your attempts will only strengthen the resolve of the truly faithful in Christ under God. You will indeed be damned if you do not refrain from evil and desist in your manipulation.

popsthebuilder

I don't see Jesus' God as playing favorites. Personal punishment by God does not seem to have shown up on Jesus' radar screen. If it does, then Jesus is clearly not "walking his talk" and can be identified as a flaming hypocrite.
And you can be labelled as ignorant. All the New covenant refer to our suffering in this life through the guidance of God and the ridicule of the lost.

popsthebuilder

Where in the bible does it say that Peter was imprisoned? Where are you getting this from?
There are multiple places in scripture that attest that we are to follow the teachings of Christ and the apostles. It briefly insinuates that some of the apostles are indeed in a sort of purgatory for There unintentionally misdirection and division. It goes further in that it states that we must set straight the twisted path under God in order for the salvation of others. It may take me some time to locate these sections of scripture as I haven't memorized them as many have. I will look and report back asap.