The Wrath of God

M

Man.0

What is it? What does it look like? Whom does it fall upon? Could you be experiencing it right now at this very moment? And how would you know?

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
I don't worry about wrath. I see the weather as a scientific matter and I do not believe God "punishes" anybody.

I believe in a God of mercy as did Jesus and John the Baptizer.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
I don't worry about wrath. I see the weather as a scientific matter and I do not believe God "punishes" anybody.

I agree, wrath is a human animal traight that has been projected onto deity as the concept of God in parts of the Bible is created in mans own image. But John the Baptist believed in this fictitious wrath of God.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

You don't believe God "Disciplines" His own?

Hebrews 12:6 states: "For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and
scourgeth every son whom he receiveth."

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I agree, wrath is a human animal traight that has been projected onto deity as the concept of God in parts of the Bible is created in mans own image. But John the Baptist believed in this fictitious wrath of God.

Need I remind you, you're not a Christian Believer, you're a Cultist who
follows the "Urantia Book" and not the Bible. Thanks for trying to fake
us out though.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Satan is the wrath of God. when you get punished it is by satan because God turned you over to him.

Heb 12:6-11
6 For whom the Lord loves He chastens, and scourges every son whom He receives."
7 If you endure chastening, God deals with you as with sons; for what son is there whom a father does not chasten?
8 But if you are without chastening, of which all have become partakers, then you are illegitimate and not sons.
9 Furthermore, we have had human fathers who corrected us, and we paid them respect. Shall we not much more readily be in subjection to the Father of spirits and live?
10 For they indeed for a few days chastened us as seemed best to them, but He for our profit, that we may be partakers of His holiness.
11 Now no chastening seems to be joyful for the present, but painful; nevertheless, afterward it yields the peaceable fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it.
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Satan can ask for you so he may test you also.

Luke 22:31-34
31 And the Lord said, "Simon, Simon! Indeed, Satan has asked for you, that he may sift you as wheat.
32 "But I have prayed for you, that your faith should not fail; and when you have returned to Me, strengthen your brethren."
33 But he said to Him, "Lord, I am ready to go with You, both to prison and to death."
34 Then He said, "I tell you, Peter, the rooster shall not crow this day before you will deny three times that you know Me."
(NKJ)

bybee

What is it? What does it look like? Whom does it fall upon? Could you be experiencing it right now at this very moment? And how would you know?

I strive to stay open to what it is I am called to do. When I get off sides I suffer. Then I try to make amends.
I do not think of it as The Wrath of God" but rather as the Love of God.

Caino

BANNED
Banned

31 And the Lord said, "Simon, Simon! Indeed, Satan has asked for you, that he may sift you as wheat.
32 "But I have prayed for you, that your faith should not fail; and when you have returned to Me, strengthen your brethren."
33 But he said to Him, "Lord, I am ready to go with You, both to prison and to death."
34 Then He said, "I tell you, Peter, the rooster shall not crow this day before you will deny three times that you know Me."
(NKJ)

What a sick theology!! I have no faith in your Satan God!

Caino

BANNED
Banned
I strive to stay open to what it is I am called to do. When I get off sides I suffer. Then I try to make amends.

You walk the walk, I admire that. :e4e:

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
What a sick theology!! I have no faith in your Satan God!

I said
I think you should read them verses before you go and judge me.
Read them and tell me what you think that says.

(NKJ)

way 2 go

my take on God's wrath is you don't survive it.

Gen 6:7 So the LORD said, "I will blot out man whom I have created from the face of the land, man and animals and creeping things and birds of the heavens, for I am sorry that I have made them."

Rev 15:1 Then I saw another sign in heaven, great and amazing, seven angels with seven plagues, which are the last, for with them the wrath of God is finished.

punishment is different than wrath

2Sa 12:10 Now therefore the sword shall never depart from your house, because you have despised me and have taken the wife of Uriah the Hittite to be your wife.'
2Sa 12:11 Thus says the LORD, 'Behold, I will raise up evil against you out of your own house. And I will take your wives before your eyes and give them to your neighbor, and he shall lie with your wives in the sight of this sun.

law of unintended consequences

Stuu

I call on you not to make amends.

Let me know how you get on with striving to stay open to that calling.

Stuart

bybee

I call on you not to make amends.

Let me know how you get on with striving to stay open to that calling.

Stuart

I am in a state of internal disequilibrium if I do not make amends. Mostly it is a matter of attempting to set straight that which has gone awry.
And of course, dear boy, one does not have the right to decide what another's calling ought to be.

bybee

(NKJ)

Yup! Often I pray "God protect me and guide me because I am not able to discern my path".

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
He believed in repentance. As did Jesus. The two did not favor blood sacrifice.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
You don't believe God "Disciplines" His own?...
I don't see Jesus' God as playing favorites. Personal punishment by God does not seem to have shown up on Jesus' radar screen. If it does, then Jesus is clearly not "walking his talk" and can be identified as a flaming hypocrite.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
You don't believe God "Disciplines" His own?...
I don't see Jesus' God as playing personal favorites. A punishment by God does not seem to have shown up on Jesus' radar screen.

If it did, it is later theology. And so Jesus is clearly not "walking his talk" and can be identified as a flaming hypocrite.

Not an understandable idea concerning a man who was given exalted titles like "Son of God" after his death.