There are 350 million in the US.. so why..?

republicanchick

of all those people, why are only a few chosen to "lead"?

I mean why, of all the folks in the US, do people in high positions have to, well, for example, most of them are lawyers.

yeh, lawyers..

That reminds me of something a priest said once. He was giving a talk on the saints and their lives, how some were humble bakers and homemakers and some were... lawyers. Then he paused and said... "It's possible. With God, all things are possible"

LOL

Anyway, what makes lawyers so good and preferable.. for doing these cabinet-level jobs in the WH? I think maybe we should dispense with the notion that the highly-book-educated are better at running things than... construction foremen or whomever

Anyway, I see this on TV. People interviewed for commentary are all, well, a lot of the time it's the same old people. On Fox, with $$ issues, it is Bartolomo or whatever her name is and a few others (Forbes). Fine, I like listening to them. But why don't they talk to housewives who have to budget $1500 a month in income with a family of 4?

and they don't have the gov to bail them out

yes, that would be a lesson in economics...

+

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
There are 350 million in the US.. so why of all those people, why are only a few chosen to "lead"?

I mean why, of all the folks in the US, do people in high positions have to, well, for example, most of them are lawyers.

....Asks the statist. :plain:

shagster01

Anyway, I see this on TV. People interviewed for commentary are all, well, a lot of the time it's the same old people. On Fox, with $$ issues, it is Bartolomo or whatever her name is and a few others (Forbes). Fine, I like listening to them. But why don't they talk to housewives who have to budget $1500 a month in income with a family of 4?

Because Fox is an Elitist channel.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
When will Americans wake up? the day when anybody could rise to be president [if that were ever true] is so long gone.

Candidates are chosen by power groups, you get to vote for whoever they choose.

republicanchick

When will Americans wake up? the day when anybody could rise to be president [if that were ever true] is so long gone.

Candidates are chosen by power groups, you get to vote for whoever they choose.

yeh, which wouldn't b a problem if they chose people like Ted Cruz, Ben Carson (maybe Paul Ryan), Marco Rubio (i think... need to know more about him)

+

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
of all those people, why are only a few chosen to "lead"?
How many do you think we're short?

Not actually. Only 38% of House members are lawyers. The Senate is another matter, with 57% holding that degree. It's a fairly good idea though, if you're aim is to write law. Else you'll have to hire out and most do. Outside of that I'm fairly sure its weighted even more heavily against.

That reminds me of something a priest said once. He was giving a talk on the saints and their lives, how some were humble bakers and homemakers and some were... lawyers. Then he paused and said... "It's possible. With God, all things are possible"
It's common enough. People with power will always invite envy, mistrust and ridicule from people at their mercy, to some extent, unless they're educated enough or fair and rational enough to know better.

Anyway, what makes lawyers so good and preferable.. for doing these cabinet-level jobs in the WH?
In general lawyers are specifically trained in critical analysis and are in the best position to respond to legal entanglements, which occupy so much of the power structure. The only other degree which would be somewhat as helpful would be in economics/business.

I think maybe we should dispense with the notion that the highly-book-educated are better at running things than... construction foremen or whomever
Remember that if your appendix ever bursts. Let me know how that construction foreman gets by. :plain:

resodko

BANNED
Banned
Anyway, what makes lawyers so good and preferable.. for doing these cabinet-level jobs in the WH? I think maybe we should dispense with the notion that the highly-book-educated are better at running things than... construction foremen or whomever

government, as it exists today in the US, is designed to support an administrative class of bloodsuckers at the expense of those in the country who actually produce goods and services of value

lawyers, by the nature of their dispositions and training, are inherently qualified to occupy those blood-sucking posts, being skilled in manipulation and exploitation

most decent people want nothing to do with the scumbags :idunno:

republicanchick

government, as it exists today in the US, is designed to support an administrative class of bloodsuckers at the expense of those in the country who actually produce goods and services of value

lawyers, by the nature of their dispositions and training, are inherently qualified to occupy those blood-sucking posts, being skilled in manipulation and exploitation

most decent people want nothing to do with the scumbags :idunno:

I more/less agree. Some lawyers are decent people though

THE HERESY!! But seriously: Judge Napalitano on Fox, the lawyers working at the Center for Law and Justice, Judge Jeanine...

But why do they never end up in Congress?

because they are intelligent?

hmmmm...

or b/c they are decent? both?

+

Zeke

Ah the illusion of benevolence being wrongly soiled by the rabid braying of those forced through birth right and ignorance to play along in the legal illusion, where words morph into favor of the house of trick cards it is structured on. But there is a legitimate point (the fool deserves to be fleeced type of rationality) being asserted by those inbred by the legal/political system, in that those who play in Vegas shouldn't complain about the odds, or bray when they lose seeing it was their own will that fell for the glitter and lights sparkling as a diamond in the desert, and it's luring promise of riches.

TH is just a dealer sticking up for the house he loves.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Ah the illusion of benevolence being wrongly soiled by the rabid braying of those forced through birth right and ignorance to play along in the legal illusion, where words morph into favor of the house of trick cards it is structured on. But there is a legitimate point (the fool deserves to be fleeced type of rationality) being asserted by those inbred by the legal/political system, in that those who play in Vegas shouldn't complain about the odds, or bray when they lose seeing it was their own will that fell for the glitter and lights sparkling as a diamond in the desert, and it's luring promise of riches.

TH is just a dealer sticking up for the house he loves.
Zeke is just rolling cigarette packs into his sleeve, if colorfully.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame

:AMR:

Oswald Bates