This Puzzle Has Me Stumped!!

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
I need some help solving this puzzle. I've fiddled with it for hours and hours and I just cannot figure it out. I've looked online for solutions and it seems to be a quite unique version of this puzzle to the point that there isn't a single example of it anywhere online - until now, of course......

How do I turn this.....

Puzzle.jpg

....into this....

Burr Puzzle.jpg

Any help that you all can offer will be greatly appreciated!

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Um... I could help, I think, if I could get my hands on it.

However, I just solved a similar one. What was done to solve it was reduce the possible pathways the blocks could fit, know that a near-final move before a near-final piece was placed would have to shift inside the developing structure. Once I knew these things, more than 1/2 the pieces could only be in one place, and the final placement very few pieces were in question. But when there are only a few options, trying all of them led to a quick solve.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Um... I could help, I think, if I could get my hands on it.

However, I just solved a similar one. What was done to solve it was reduce the possible pathways the blocks could fit, know that a near-final move before a near-final piece was placed would have to shift inside the developing structure. Once I knew these things, more than 1/2 the pieces could only be in one place, and the final placement very few pieces were in question. But when there are only a few options, trying all of them led to a quick solve.
I've thought of exactly that - well something similar anyway! I know that the solid piece with no cutouts goes in last and that the square hole it goes into has no hidden voids once its in place. So far, that knowledge hasn't been of any help. I'll try again with that thought specifically in focus.

Last edited:

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I love puzzles like this.

Makes me wish I had a 3D printer, would let me help you solve it way easier.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
I love puzzles like this.

Makes me wish I had a 3D printer, would let me help you solve it way easier.
I'm usually pretty good at puzzles but I cannot figure this one out. I spent another 45 minutes to an hour fiddling with it yesterday.

You know that I've given up when I start looking for the solution online. I've looked and looked and cannot find a single example of this specific puzzle anywhere. I was hoping that one of you would find something I missed on the internet.

I've sent an email to the folks over at www.puzzlemuseum.com, asking for a solution. If they respond, I'll post it here.

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm usually pretty good at puzzles but I cannot figure this one out. I spent another 45 minutes to an hour fiddling with it yesterday.

You know that I've given up when I start looking for the solution online. I've looked and looked and cannot find a single example of this specific puzzle anywhere. I was hoping that one of you would find something I missed on the internet.

I've sent an email to the folks over at www.puzzlemuseum.com, asking for a solution. If they respond, I'll post it here.
Oh, now that I've been hooked into this, I'm looking to get these pieces and try it out. So I won't be able to check into this thread if the solution will be here.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Some people are REALLY into these puzzles!!

If found a website that is crazy...

On that page there is a chart of 25 pieces

My puzzle includes pieces 1 (the key), 1024 (the Y), 824 & 975 (both of "the Offsets") & 911 (one of "the walls").

That page goes on forever but no mention of that particular set of pieces. How did I get the only one?!

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I need some help solving this puzzle. I've fiddled with it for hours and hours and I just cannot figure it out. I've looked online for solutions and it seems to be a quite unique version of this puzzle to the point that there isn't a single example of it anywhere online - until now, of course......

How do I turn this.....

View attachment 10422

....into this....

View attachment 10423

Any help that you all can offer will be greatly appreciated!

I want to say that the topmost horizontal one with the visible end facing the left is the "key" piece, but the image is too compressed to make out too much more than that.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
If so, then the right vertical piece is likely the top right piece in the first image.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
I want to say that the topmost horizontal one with the visible end facing the left is the "key" piece, but the image is too compressed to make out too much more than that.
I think the forward most horizontal piece is the key. Hard to say for sure though.