Three Men Marry (each other) in Colombia

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Ug.... not the point.

I know wife-beating wouldn't and shouldn't be legalized.

Why shouldn't it be legalized? Or rape. Theft. Murder. Arson?

Because it harms people.

No. It. Does. Not. Those other actions I listed are done without consent. There is always a victim. You cannot show a victim or aggressive action in two partners CONSENTING to marry.

Why shouldn't incest, bestiality,

Desperate much? Do I REALLY need to point out to you that children CANNOT consent to sex ... neither can animals ...

glassjester said:
or polygamy be legalized?

Not in the same category ...

glassjester

No. It. Does. Not. Those other actions I listed are done without consent. There is always a victim. You cannot show a victim or aggressive action in two partners CONSENTING to marry.

I meant wife-beating harms people.

Desperate much? Do I REALLY need to point out to you that children CANNOT consent to sex ... neither can animals ...

Who mentioned children? Why can't two consenting, adult brothers marry?

Also, we don't need consent of animals to keep them captive, to kill them, to skin them, to experiment on them, to slaughter them, to eat them...

Not in the same category ...

The category is marriage.

Arthur Brain

So when two people vow to spend their lives together, and to make it work, why is neither person actually able to hold the other to that vow?

Seems pointless.

If the relationship is past repair then sad as that is, there's no point in pretending otherwise and it can be for all manner of reasons. Is there any point in staying in a relationship that isn't working and isn't going to? You're very simplistic on this.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I meant wife-beating harms people.

So you willingly admit that gay marriage does NOT harm people. Well that's a start.

Who mentioned children? Why can't two consenting, adult brothers marry?

That wasn't part of *my* discussion. Feel free to start another thread to discuss whether or not two brothers should be allowed to marry.

Also, we don't need consent of animals to keep them captive, to kill them, to skin them, to experiment on them, to slaughter them, to eat them...

The topic was marriage. Do you wish to discuss whether or not animals have the right to consent to marrying each other? Or why don't human beings have the right to be held captive, killed, skinned, experimented on, slaughtered and cannibalized ....

The category is marriage.

YES. Yes it is. So perhaps you can actually discuss M*A*R*R*I*A*G*E instead of throwing out red herrings.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Right! Should that be reversed?

In a perfect would, certainly. However, that isn't going to happen.

But should it be?

Not really. Marriage and it's meaning is in the eye of the beholder ... as in the married couple. IF they do not value one another, it doesn't matter how much their friends and family approve (or disapprove) of their marriage.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If the relationship is past repair then sad as that is, there's no point in pretending otherwise and it can be for all manner of reasons. Is there any point in staying in a relationship that isn't working and isn't going to? You're very simplistic on this.

Couples who stay in a volatile, loveless marriages not only harm themselves, but more importantly, harm their children. I know this for the simple fact that I was married to man whose parent's brought he and his brother up in one of *those* marriages. My ex-inlaws did a really number on their son.

Arthur Brain

Couples who stay in a volatile, loveless marriages not only harm themselves, but more importantly, harm their children. I know this for the simple fact that I was married to man whose parent's brought he and his brother up in one of *those* marriages. My ex-inlaws did a really number on their son.

:sigh: