• This is a new section being rolled out to attract people interested in exploring the origins of the universe and the earth from a biblical perspective. Debate is encouraged and opposing viewpoints are welcome to post but certain rules must be followed. 1. No abusive tagging - if abusive tags are found - they will be deleted and disabled by the Admin team 2. No calling the biblical accounts a fable - fairy tale ect. This is a Christian site, so members that participate here must be respectful in their disagreement.

Time doesn't exist.

tieman55

God and Time.
The Son and Life.
The Holy Spirit with the Past and the Future.

Those three groups are mutually inclusive.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
I think I have just been insulted by a "Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle"... well that is a first for me. That is a step up from the previous emojis.
It would go a long way toward preventing such treatment if you posted something more substantive than just a pithy sounding comment that is naked of anything to establish it as more than something you just made up off the top of your head.

Tell people what in the world it is that you make you say such a thing! That would at least have the potential of being interesting and worthwhile.

tieman55

It would go a long way toward preventing such treatment if you posted something more substantive than just a pithy sounding comment that is naked of anything to establish it as more than something you just made up off the top of your head.

Tell people what in the world it is that you make you say such a thing! That would at least have the potential of being interesting and worthwhile.
"Time and God are mutually inclusive", I fail to see what is complicated about that observation. It is a straight forward statement that stands on its own. Which I obviously think is irrefutable, and so far I am right.
It is has not been refuted. Care to take a stab at it?

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
"Time and God are mutually inclusive", I fail to see what is complicated about that observation.
Time is an idea, not an actual thing, so your comment makes no sense.

It is a straight forward statement that stands on its own.
There are several things that you could mean by the statement and so, by definition, it does not stand on its own.

Which I obviously think is irrefutable, and so far I am right.
Yes, well when stupid people say stupid things they often think thet're being pithy and wise. That doesn't make it so.

It is has not been refuted. Care to take a stab at it?
There isn't anything to refute. It is a self-stultifying statement that, at least potentially, puts a convention of language on par with the Creator.

tieman55

Time is an idea, not an actual thing, so your comment makes no sense.

There are several things that you could mean by the statement and so, by definition, it does not stand on its own.

Yes, well when stupid people say stupid things they often think thet're being pithy and wise. That doesn't make it so.

There isn't anything to refute. It is a self-stultifying statement that, at least potentially, puts a convention of language on par with the Creator.
This is very simple, can God exist without time, or can Time exist without God, or are they Mutually inclusive. Instead of stating your opinions, just demonstrate either of the before mentioned propositions by giving examples of just how the two are separate and can exist that way.

As far as your definition of time: "it is an idea" that is not a widely held belief and it is certainly not a definition used by the English speaking world. Oxford says time is "the indefinite continued progress of existence" and I will go with their definition rather than yours.

Insults, hiding or rule violations is what I have come to expect on this TOL, rather than debate. I pray that Debate will win this day. Amen and amen.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It's like asking "can God exist without life?"

Time is a measure of the separation between events. God has always been alive, therefore there has always been time.

tieman55

This is very simple, can God exist without time, or can Time exist without God, or are they Mutually inclusive. Instead of stating your opinions, just demonstrate either of the before mentioned propositions by giving examples of just how the two are separate and can exist that way.

As far as your definition of time: "it is an idea" that is not a widely held belief and it is certainly not a definition used by the English speaking world. Oxford says time is "the indefinite continued progress of existence" and I will go with their definition rather than yours.

Insults, hiding or rule violations is what I have come to expect on this TOL, rather than debate. I pray that Debate will win this day. Amen and amen.
Example: I believe God can remember, but if He can't then that would be an argument that He has no past.
It's like asking "can God exist without life?"

Time is a measure of the separation between events. God has always been alive, therefore there has always been time.
"God has always been alive, therefore there has always been time" I agree but can one exist without the other or are they mutually inclusive? I haven't been able to build a scenario (context-entary) of either one existing without the other, I wonder if can you?

Right Divider

Body part
This is very simple, can God exist without time, or can Time exist without God, or are they Mutually inclusive.
As @Clete tried to explain to you, time does not "exist". It's a concept... an idea.
Instead of stating your opinions,
That's rich.
just demonstrate either of the before mentioned propositions by giving examples of just how the two are separate and can exist that way.
God is the being that Created the universe and all that is in it.
Time is a concept about the relationship of events.
As far as your definition of time: "it is an idea" that is not a widely held belief
Who cares?
Truth is not determined by how many people agree with it.
and it is certainly not a definition used by the English speaking world. Oxford says time is "the indefinite continued progress of existence" and I will go with their definition rather than yours.
So what?
Appeals to authority or popularity are logical fallacies.
Insults, hiding or rule violations is what I have come to expect on this TOL, rather than debate.
Says the guy that keep giving his opinions instead of debating.
I pray that Debate will win this day. Amen and amen.
Indeed, you should try it.

Last edited:

tieman55

As @Clete tried to explain to you, time does not "exist". It's a concept... an idea.

That's rich.

God is the being that Created the universe and all that is in it.
Time is a concept about the relationship of events.

Who cares?
Truth is not determined by how many people agree with it.

So what?
Appeals to authority or popularity are logical fallacies.

Says the guy that keep giving his opinions instead of debating.

Indeed, you should try it.
One step at a time. Do you agree with oxford dictionary? (RE: definition of time)