ECT .....To create in Himself one new man from the two.....(For anti Acts 2 people)

andyc

Ephesians 2:15-18 having abolished in His flesh the enmity, that is, the law of commandments contained in ordinances, so as to create in Himself one new man from the two, thus making peace, and that He might reconcile them both to God in one body through the cross, thereby putting to death the enmity. And He came and preached peace to you who were afar off and to those who were near. For through Him we both have access by one Spirit to the Father.

What one new man?

From what two?

Both reconciled to God in one body?

heir

TOL Subscriber
In short:

1.The Jews and Greeks, those gathered during Paul's Acts ministry, those in the commonwealth of Israel. They had a hope.

And

2. The "you Gentiles", who in time past were aliens from the commonwealth of Israel and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope and without God in the world.

Ephesians 2:13-15 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ. 14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us; 15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

All in one Body (1 Corinthians 12:13 KJV, Ephesians 2:16 KJV, Ephesians 3:6 KJV). The we's and the ye's (Ephesians 1:12-13 KJV) beginning with Paul (1 Timothy 1:16 KJV)!

andyc

In short:

1.The Jews and Greeks, those gathered during Paul's Acts ministry, those in the commonwealth of Israel. They had a hope.

Where does it say that these people were gathered during Paul's ministry?

And

2. The "you Gentiles", who in time past were aliens from the commonwealth of Israel and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope and without God in the world.

Paul is obviously talking about heathen gentiles, as it was not necessary to be circumcised in order to believe in God, it was necessary to be circumcised in order to live among the Jews and take part in the rituals etc
Naaman was a gentile, but didn't need to be circumcised.

Ephesians 2:13-15 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ. 14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us; 15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

All in one Body (1 Corinthians 12:13 KJV, Ephesians 2:16 KJV, Ephesians 3:6 KJV). The we's and the ye's (Ephesians 1:12-13 KJV) beginning with Paul (1 Timothy 1:16 KJV)!

The commonwealth of Israel is talking about citizenship in Israel, which required circumcision. Without circumcision there can be no citizenship. And so the removal of circumcision would require a new covenant not limited to a specific family (Jews). Paul explains that Jesus abolished in his flesh the enmity, and so no enmity could exist after that. No law. Jews and gentile no longer separated by the original covenant given to the physical children of Abraham.

way 2 go

Ephesians 2:15-18 having abolished in His flesh the enmity, that is, the law of commandments contained in ordinances, so as to create in Himself one new man from the two, thus making peace, and that He might reconcile them both to God in one body through the cross, thereby putting to death the enmity. And He came and preached peace to you who were afar off and to those who were near. For through Him we both have access by one Spirit to the Father.

What one new man?

From what two?

Both reconciled to God in one body?

Israel was not rejected until acts 9

Rom 11:13 Now I am speaking to you Gentiles. Inasmuch then as I am an apostle to the Gentiles, I magnify my ministry
Rom 11:14 in order somehow to make my fellow Jews jealous, and thus save some of them.
Rom 11:15 For if their rejection means the reconciliation of the world, what will their acceptance mean but life from the dead?

Paul says "Jews rejection means the reconciliation of the world"

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic

Rom 11:13 Now I am speaking to you Gentiles. Inasmuch then as I am an apostle to the Gentiles, I magnify my ministry
Rom 11:14 in order somehow to make my fellow Jews jealous, and thus save some of them.
Rom 11:15 For if their rejection means the reconciliation of the world, what will their acceptance mean but life from the dead?

That's right.

They are rejected, thereby just as dead as everybody else, no special treatment.

I reckon since Jesus told those folks not to begin to say within themselves that they have Abraham for a father, that you dispy's can go ahead and say it for em?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Bad translation.

It does not say Jews.

LA

heir

TOL Subscriber
Where does it say that these people were gathered during Paul's ministry?

The Gentiles to whom Paul was first sent (Acts 26:17 KJV) were those who were being called at that time (Acts 13:26 KJV, 1 Cor. 1:24 KJV, Romans 1:16 KJV). They feared God (Acts 13:26 KJV). Paul found them in the synagogue of the Jews (Acts 17:1-4 KJV, Acts 18:4 KJV).

What were Gentiles doing in the synagogue of the Jews? They were seeking a blessing as per Genesis 12:3 KJV. What they didn't know, was that their blessing would be the forgiveness of sins (Acts 13:38-39 KJV)! They would hear how that Christ died for their sins and that He was buried and rose again the third day for their justification (Romans 4:25 KJV, 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV)! They would be stablished into the Body of Christ by Paul's my gospel and the preaching of Jesus Christ according to the revelation of the mystery, the wisdom of God in a mystery (Romans 16:25-27, 1 Corinthians 2:6-8 KJV, 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, 1 Thessalonians 3:2 KJV)!

heir

TOL Subscriber
That's right.

They are rejected, thereby just as dead as everybody else, no special treatment.
Today, they are Loammi; not God's people (Hosea 1:9 KJV), but even in Acts 20, the Jew still had an advantage.

Romans 3:1 What advantage then hath the Jew? or what profit is there of circumcision?

Romans 3:2 Much every way: chiefly, because that unto them were committed the oracles of God.

way 2 go

That's right.

I reckon since Jesus told those folks not to begin to say within themselves that they have Abraham for a father, that you dispy's can go ahead and say it for em?
Jews were born saved you know by heritage , children of
Abraham , the law with faith but they loved law and didn't have faith

Mat 15:24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

heritage was never enough.

not cut off till acts 9

Danoh

Actually, Israel was concluded Uncircumcision at Acts 7:51-53, for their resistance of the Spirit, per Matt. 12:30-32 and Rom. 2:25.

Saul, "a blasphemer" per that, was then saved in Acts 9 "that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting," 1 Tim. 1: 11-16.

He was saved in Uncircumcision, and commissioned with "the gospel of the uncircumcision" to preach to Jew and Gentile alike without distinction.

That is what he preaches to Jew and Gentile alike without distinction throughout Acts per his Epistles, not per Acts.

In what is either the 1st or 2nd Epistle written by him - he also refers to this uncircumcision gospel as "the gospel of Christ," Gal. 1:7, refers to it in 2:2 as "that gospel which I preach among the Gentiles," refers to it as "the gospel of the uncircumcision" in Gal. 2: 7, and adds in Gal. 3: 1 that it concerns "Christ...evidently set forth, crucified among you."

In short, when Saul was saved, Israel had already been concluded uncircumcision at Acts 7:51-53; cut off from their standing access to the blessing the covenant of circumcision had allowed them access to but that they continued reject in their failure to believe the Law that Jesus was the Christ, John 5:46.

They then resisted the Spirit's continuance of the Lord's ministry unto them, compare Matt. 12:30-32 with Heb. 2:3-5.

Galatians 3:

26. For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
27. For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
28. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female:
for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
29. And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Danoh

Mat 15:24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

not cut off till acts 9

No, they were born lost, were given a standing of access to the blessing of Abraham by the covenant of circumcision, Gen. 17:

9. And God said unto Abraham, Thou shalt keep my covenant therefore, thou, and thy seed after thee in their generations.
10. This is my covenant, which ye shall keep, between me and you and thy seed after thee; Every man child among you shall be circumcised.
11. And ye shall circumcise the flesh of your foreskin; and it shall be a token of the covenant betwixt me and you.
12. And he that is eight days old shall be circumcised among you, every man child in your generations, he that is born in the house, or bought with money of any stranger, which is not of thy seed.
13. He that is born in thy house, and he that is bought with thy money, must needs be circumcised: and my covenant shall be in your flesh for an everlasting covenant.
14. And the uncircumcised man child whose flesh of his foreskin is not circumcised, that soul shall be cut off from his people; he hath broken my covenant..

But they then had to walk by faith under the law they were under. They are taught this as children - Deuteronomy 6:

4. Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:
5. And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.
6. And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart:
7. And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.

They were to live the Law in thine heart, as pleasing God, not men.

Which they so failed to do that when the Christ the Law pointed to appeared within their midst, they then failed to believe the Law that He was the One prophesied, John 1 and John chapter 5.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Today, they are Loammi; not God's people (Hosea 1:9 KJV), but even in Acts 20, the Jew still had an advantage.

Romans 3:1 What advantage then hath the Jew? or what profit is there of circumcision?

Romans 3:2 Much every way: chiefly, because that unto them were committed the oracles of God.

Loammi happened to the 10 tribes of the North.

Yer in the wrong dispensation.

way 2 go

Actually, Israel was concluded Uncircumcision at Acts 7:51-53, for their resistance of the Spirit, per Matt. 12:30-32 and Rom. 2:25.
I would have went with Acts 7:56 Jesus standing in judgement.
if I were not going with the calling of Paul to a new dispensation

He was saved in Uncircumcision,

Marty-McFly-What.gif

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic

not cut off till acts 9

You cant have born saved then put a condition on it.

The sheep were lost when the 10 tribes to the North were carried away by the Assirians.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
No, they were born lost, were given a standing of access to the blessing of Abraham by the covenant of circumcision, Gen. 17:

9. And God said unto Abraham, Thou shalt keep my covenant therefore, thou, and thy seed after thee in their generations.
10. This is my covenant, which ye shall keep, between me and you and thy seed after thee; Every man child among you shall be circumcised.
11. And ye shall circumcise the flesh of your foreskin; and it shall be a token of the covenant betwixt me and you.
12. And he that is eight days old shall be circumcised among you, every man child in your generations, he that is born in the house, or bought with money of any stranger, which is not of thy seed.
13. He that is born in thy house, and he that is bought with thy money, must needs be circumcised: and my covenant shall be in your flesh for an everlasting covenant.
14. And the uncircumcised man child whose flesh of his foreskin is not circumcised, that soul shall be cut off from his people; he hath broken my covenant..

But they then had to walk by faith under the law they were under. They are taught this as children - Deuteronomy 6:

4. Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:
5. And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.
6. And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart:
7. And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.

They were to live the Law in thine heart, as pleasing God, not men.

Which they so failed to do that when the Christ the Law pointed to appeared within their midst, they then failed to believe the Law that He was the One prophesied, John 1 and John chapter 5.

Standing of access?

That's not in the scripture you gave.

It was because Abraham had faith to offer Isaac that was the reason his descendants would serve Christ.

Faith.

Abraham got his the same way we all get it.

It was dealt to him by God.

God does not tempt man, so who do you reckon ask Abe to sacrifice Isaac?

way 2 go

they are born Jews ,heritage.
notice all the warnings of being cut off from his people in the law

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Standing of access?

That's not in the scripture you gave.

It was because Abraham had faith to offer Isaac that was the reason his descendants would serve Christ.

Faith.

Abraham got his the same way we all get it.

It was dealt to him by God.

God does not tempt man, so who do you reckon ask Abe to sacrifice Isaac?

you mean satan was the culprit telling Abraham to sacrifice Isaac ?

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
you mean satan was the culprit telling Abraham to sacrifice Isaac ?

Nope.

Can you say Jesus Christ before he came in the flesh?

Do you recognize that the Father was teaching his son even then?

Think not that Jesus is God.

Who is anti-christ?

1 John 4:2 KJV

2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

1 John 4:3 KJV

3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come ; and even now already is it in the world.

2 John 1:7 KJV

7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.