toldailytopic: Christmas presents: Open them up on Christmas? Or on Christmas Eve?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for December 24th, 2009 11:06 AM

toldailytopic: Christmas presents: Open them up on Christmas? Or on Christmas Eve?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
We have always opened them up on Christmas Eve ... it's a family tradition.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I think it's rather obvious that people who open ALL their presents on Christmas Eve are the spawn of Satan himself.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
When I was little we always opened one present on Christmas Eve (new pajamas). Then we went to my grandmas house across the street from the old Elitches. The parents fried smelts and us kids went out on the porch and threw snowballs at the Elitches sign. We would fall asleep on the way home and then put on our new jammies and go to sleep for the night. (the thick cigarette smoke and smell from the cooking smelts would linger with you for days)

In the morning it was Christmas stockings first and then onto the big presents under the tree.

The Graphite

I think it's rather obvious that people who open ALL their presents on Christmas Eve are the spawn of Satan himself.
And, dare I say it? Yes, I dare...

Bannable. :banned:

In keeping with the Christmas spirit, however, you could wait until Saturday to ban them.

Growing up, our tradition was to open one gift on Christmas Eve, and the rest the following morning.

DocJohnson

Growing up, we used to do the Christmas stockings on Christmas Eve and save the packages under the tree for Christmas morning.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
:think: We always open one on Christmas Eve and the rest on Christmas day...so we're more distant relations, I suppose. :reals:

I should get reinstatement points for leaving off with the whole "smelt it/dealt it" line if this all turns south on me...:plain:

Four O'Clock

I'm with the Knight-ster on this one. Everything on Christmas morning. Xmas eve was family together in anticipation. My late father used to place a half-empty glass of milk and partially eaten cookies near the tree (as if Santa had been there during the night). Wonderful memories. Such a blessing for those of us that had loving, caring, parents that put that special touch on the holidays...

Status
Not open for further replies.