toldailytopic: Christmas presents: Open them up on Christmas? Or on Christmas Eve?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Mrs Psalmist and me, Christmas Eve.

With our children and grandchildren, Christmas day.​

kmoney

Hall of Fame
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for December 24th, 2009 11:06 AM

toldailytopic: Christmas presents: Open them up on Christmas? Or on Christmas Eve?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

We used to do 1 on Christmas Eve and the rest on Christmas. Now it's just all of them on Christmas.

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Until :jessilu: turned 18, we would open one present on Christmas Eve (usually a pair of nice, warm pajamas) and the rest on Christmas morning. Now, it depends whether I want to surprise her or not. This year, she asked for and got a "tablet" that plugs into her computer so she could put drawings online without having to scan the pictures. I gave it to her as soon as it arrived (12/4). She doesn't know it yet, but when my mom gets back from California, she will be getting presents from my mom and my sister.

P8ntrDan

The presents never even appeared under our tree until Christmas morning. Ah for the days when Santa was still real.

Cracked

New pjs Christmas eve...
Presents under the tree Christmas morning...
Stockings last, because we would forget about them and remembering is a nice surprise...

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
When my son was young, he could open one present if he awakened before the dawn, which that rascal always made a point to do. ;)

Nowadays, we open presents on Christmas Eve, with plenty of egg nog flowing after a family devotional from Luke's Gospel.

Christmas day is reserved for Dad to prepare the turkey dinner and everyone to just enjoy the spirit of the season and remembering what He accomplished for us.

AMR

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
I think it's rather obvious that people who open ALL their presents on Christmas Eve are the spawn of Satan himself.
:darwinsm: We do both. LB and I open what we have on Christmas Eve or Christmas. We're going to our daughter and son-in-law's for Christmas and will garner the rest of the loot there.

fool

Hall of Fame
3pm Christmas eve the oddessey begins at my wifes parents with her Mom's side. Full eating and drinking and full round of presents.

Christmas morning crack of dawn at fool's house; full round of presents and whatever Santa stayed up until 2 AM putting together.
Noon; fool's parents and brother, full round of presents followed by full meal.

Now, in the past after the noon feast we would shower and change and go to wife's father's brother's for, yup, another full meal and full round of presents but those cousins have recently come of age, taken wives, and relocated out of state so that outing has been relocated to early January Do-Over.

So this year we had the wife's folks over here as well as some other misc. people whose families were out of town.

Getting towards the bottom of the second case of beer and I don't see the rum anywhere.

I remember one year with two Eve Stops and four Day stops.

Evoken

It has always been done in Christmas morning in the family but this year was different and everyone gave their respective gifts either the day before or the next day.

Status
Not open for further replies.