toldailytopic: Did God predestine and therefore orchestrate the Sandy Hook Elementary

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
God is not the author of sin. However, holy God warns wicked men and nations, of certain judgments that will come in response to their unbelieving and idolatrous ways.
Nang

But, did God predestine and therefore orchestrate the Sandy Hook Elementary massacre? Was it a preordained judgement? your answer skirts the issue and does not answer the question Nang, I am interested to hear a calvinist answer this. What say you...Yes or No?

john w

Hall of Fame
God is not the author of sin. However, holy God warns wicked men and nations, of certain judgments that will come in response to their unbelieving and idolatrous ways.

What I do know for sure, is that God will bring good out of this evil. That is His promise to all those who love Him. Romans 8:28

Nang

"God is not the author of sin. However, holy God warns wicked men and nations, of certain judgments that will come in response to their unbelieving and idolatrous ways."-Nang

I was predestined to fix the above for you, as follows:

God is not the author of sin. However, holy God warns wicked men and nations, of certain judgments that will come in response to their unbelieving and idolatrous ways, even though God predestined these wicked men and nations to have these unbelieving and idolatrous ways, since they are not elect, as He did not give them the ability to believe.

You are welcome.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No! God is love.

1 John 4:8

New International Version 1984 (NIV1984)

8 Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
"God is not the author of sin. However, holy God warns wicked men and nations, of certain judgments that will come in response to their unbelieving and idolatrous ways."-Nang

I was predestined to fix the above for you, as follows:

God is not the author of sin. However, holy God warns wicked men and nations, of certain judgments that will come in response to their unbelieving and idolatrous ways, even though God predestined these wicked men and nations to have these unbelieving and idolatrous ways, since they are not elect, as He did not give them the ability to believe.

You are welcome.

Guess you do not love God, for you seem intent on blaming Him for this evil event while denying Him the right to execute judgments upon wicked societies and the actions of evil individuals within.

:nono:

danoman31

It would have been better for God to have killed the evil adults and leave behind innocent children? That my friend would be the definition of evil. God destroyed "all" of mankind because it was the right thing to do.
I wonder, has anyone ever heard of a child that was raised in a christian home by christian parents and that they both fear and love God ever commiting such a wicked act?

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Guess you do not love God, for you seem intent on blaming Him for this evil event while denying Him the right to execute judgments upon wicked societies and the actions of individuals within.

:nono:

I assume I am on ignore by Nang :chuckle: so for the edification of others ...Nang does answer the question "did God predestine and therefore orchestrate the Sandy Hook Elementary massacre?" in this sentence she boldly declares: "for you seem intent on blaming Him for this evil event while denying Him the right to execute judgments upon wicked societies and the actions of individuals within." She declares that this was an execution of judgement by God. The calvinist view in controversy with itself again..."God did ordain the judgement" but, "God did not ordain it" which one is it? you can't have both. :juggle:

Wile E. Coyote

IF I were a believer, I would say that God allowed it ...

Regardless, the person responsible for this tragedy is the shooter and possibly those close to him IF they were aware he was a serious threat to others.
Hi Rusha!

One more post and you will have 13,000. :up:

HisServant

Did Adam eat from the tree of Total Depravity, or did he eat from the tree of the knowledge of Good and Evil?

I believe we are both good and evil.
We can choose to do what is good and right.
We can also choose to do what is evil and wrong.

He ate from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil against the comand of God. It fundamentally changed them both physically and mentally and put them and their offspring at enmity with God.

Any illusion we have that we can actually do good is totally because of the grace of god.

eameece

The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for December 17th, 2012 09:58 AM

toldailytopic: Did God predestine and therefore orchestrate the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre?

NO, this is just one more of the kind of events that are the new normal now, as long as Republican policies remain in place, and therefore that nothing is done about gun control, mental health, education, etc.

Expect more of the same......

:bang:

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Did God predestine this tragedy?

Answer: NO!

Let no one say when he is tempted, I am tempted by God; for God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does He Himself tempt anyone. 14 But each one is tempted when he is drawn away by his own desires and enticed. 15 Then, when desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin;

Man is responsible for this wickedness not God.

:up:

rainee

toldailytopic: Did God predestine and therefore orchestrate the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre?

Knight,
How, how, how can we talk about anti-Calvinist struggles and accusations within theology at a time like this?

Isn't this when we as believers should all unite?

Letsargue

sandy-hook.jpg

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

In the manner of the Truth of God, He did, ( "Ordain" it ), but the unbelievers can’t see it. God ordained SIN, and sin is in the World by Him allowing Satan to do his own will, whatever Satan’s will is, ( Knowing ) what the will of Satan is!! – After all, it is the world of sin, and the Gospel is there to take man out of that, -- BUT!! --- Jude 1:23 KJV --

Paul – 121812

rainee

:liberals:

Define "blue".

My definition of "evil" will get me banned for blasphemy . . . again . . . trust me.

Lol! Love your answer, Silent Hunter, love it!

So here, if you want to see my take on this - and I am weird then this is it:

God does not like evil.
Malachi 4:1-6 NIV

However, He is very patient.
He threw Adam and Eve out of the Garden as the alternative to destroying them since the tree of life was there. I think .
He scattered them at the Tower of Babel to delay their rush to utter (again) wickedness - that required the Flood as Knight so wonderfully said in this thread.

But there is prophecy to be concerned with:

2 Timothy 3: 1-4

3 But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days.

2 People will be lovers of themselves,
lovers of money,
boastful,
proud,
abusive,
disobedient to their parents,
ungrateful,
unholy,
3 without love,
unforgiving,
slanderous,
without self-control,
brutal,
not lovers of the good,
4 treacherous,
rash,
conceited,
lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God—

This above is a very bad prophecy about people, isn't it??

All our natural faults become worse and worse.
Who would want that?

But it is not finished -

5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with such people.

So people like this will go into Christianity.

Then will people like you hardly have a chance to find the truth?

The conversation on this from Paul to Timothy in this section ends
like this

2 Timothy 3:13-16

13 while evildoers and impostors will go from bad to worse, deceiving and being deceived.
14 But as for you, continue in what you have learned and have become convinced of, because you know those from whom you learned it,
15 and how from infancy you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. 16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,

ThePresbyteers

I assume I am on ignore by Nang :chuckle: so for the edification of others ...Nang does answer the question "did God predestine and therefore orchestrate the Sandy Hook Elementary massacre?" in this sentence she boldly declares: "for you seem intent on blaming Him for this evil event while denying Him the right to execute judgments upon wicked societies and the actions of individuals within." She declares that this was an execution of judgement by God. The calvinist view in controversy with itself again..."God did ordain the judgement" but, "God did not ordain it" which one is it? you can't have both. :juggle:

TOL'ers should allows read Nang's post twice. The unregenrates should always read Nang's post 10 times and remember it anyway as a General Call. Those that are effectively called don't even have to finish reading Nang's posts cause it's already in the Bible and read a billion times over, plus.

Nang's posts are mostly, if not all, proclaimed as she is instructed by the Elect's Lord even if she doesn't like it herself. There is a difference beween general called and effectivly called. Both are the same. Those that are effectively called understand Nang's post due to "God said that too!".

Have you been effectively called?

So read them again, she is more likey to be right. If not, move on.

Desert Reign

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Right but God arranges something that causes choices to be made. God
puts the Bible in your face through other means and you chose to read it
otherwise He keep doing that til you do read it is His Will for you to read it.
He did it without forcing you to read it. Who is going to walk around with a
book in the face without peeking into it.

I see, that makes sense. So let me get this right, God kept on putting the idea of killing his mum with her own guns and then massacring a lot of helpless children into the head of this depraved blokey until he got the idea that it was something ok to do?

Yes, that does seem consistent with the god of Calvinism. I feel I understand so much better now that you've explained it with a practical example. I guess it was quite fortunate that it all happened really because it has given me an opportunity to properly understand the concept of decretal will in the context of a real world example!

Now that that's cleared up, all you need to do is explain it to the parents.

ThePresbyteers

I see, that makes sense. So let me get this right, God kept on putting the idea of killing his mum with her own guns and then massacring a lot of helpless children into the head of this depraved blokey until he got the idea that it was something ok to do?
You're not paying attention to the Calvinist. The boy killed His mom on his own but God put the guns there before him and as a result, the boy used the gun to kill his mom.
Other people woulds pick up the gun to shoot a deer to feed their family.

Pay attention to my posts and Nang's. Pick up those whispers in the noisy rooms of TOL.

The free Willers are very, very, very loud.