toldailytopic: Does a Christian lose their salvation every time they sin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaulToPaul 2

Don't you know, STP, that

"Salvation is more relational than metaphysical?"-Albert Camus Jean-Paul Sartre "god"rulz

Well, it is true that saving faith is not divorced from loving obedience to the revealed moral law of God. We are saved by "loving Jesus". It's a reciprocal love relationship.

john w

Hall of Fame
Well, it is true that saving faith is not divorced from loving obedience to the revealed moral law of God. We are saved by "loving Jesus". It's a reciprocal love relationship.

You will not find a commentator on the planet that agrees with your wrong views. The problem is that this is a false view that you can safely reject making way to adopting a more biblical incarnational/virgin conception view.Our mutual goal is to rightly understand and apply inspired Paul. Rejecting his errors in Pauline interpretation is not rejecting Paul, Christ, gospel, Bible(Genesis-Rev., ETC).You are an arrogant, ignorant twit.

What was the topic again?

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Who transferred you?

Explain the transformation from the kingdom of light back to the kingdom of darkness. Explain the unbaptism, the uncircumcision, the undeath, the unburial, and the unresurrection.

Baptism does not save. Many true Christians have not been water baptized yet. Some who are baptized are not even converted (cults baptize people). Circumcision is also not an issue for believers. Spiritual circumcision does happen when one is converted. It is not a wooden literalism, so the reality is true only if and when someone is in Christ. Apostates are no longer in Christ, so any spiritual benefit or promises for believers do not apply because they are unbelievers who reject Christ and His work. They are not in relationship with Christ, not in Christ, so the realities of vital connection with Him do not apply.

You see how the circ can fall away, so don't play dumb and think it is impossible for uncirc humans to do the same. Your two gospel caste system is imposed on Scripture and the rule differences are arbitrary in light of any gospel being rooted in the person and work of Christ. So, either circ and uncirc are OSAS or neither are.

If I come under the rulership of the U.S. or Canada after leaving a communist China, I can renounce my new freedom citizenship and return to the darkness of communism. Analogies can be pressed in various ways.

You are making spiritual reality irreversible and separate from connection with Christ. In Christ, all these promises and privileges and realities apply. Apart from Christ (unbeliever or apostate), none still apply because they are conditional on being connected to the one who makes the realities possible. In johnw's view, he can hate Christ, be a Muslim/atheist/Satanist, and still be saved. This is unbiblical, illogical nonsense.

Metaphors about spiritual reality also cannot be pressed into wooden literalisms like you are doing. Some argue that one cannot be physically unborn, so how can one be unbornagain? This is a lame argument that assumes spiritual rebirth is identical in every way to physical birth instead of just analogous on some vs all points. Physical birth is irreversible and it involves sperm/egg/sex, procreation, pain, etc. Spiritual rebirth is supernatural and relational, not irreversible, physical.

I take seriously the security of believer passages AND the stern apostate ones. You don't logically follow through with unconditional universalism and simply limit apostate passages to circ believers. Since you are wrong about MAD/two gospel theories, your assumptions about OSAS are off and lead to wrong conclusions.

Most free will theists are not OSAS. Generally, Calvinists/determinists are the ones who support OSAS/POTS.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
john w: "Were you saved when you started typing this post, and were you saved when you finished it?"

Yes. Apostasy is an extreme rejection of great light, not a moment by moment wavering. Rejecting OSAS does not have to lead to hyper-Arminianism that few actually hold to (except immature new Christians who feel guilty for sin and run to the altar to get resaved every week....this is correctable and not related to rejecting extreme OSAS).

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Spiritual birth is analogous to, but not identical with, physical birth.
Get with the program, john.

My life is not in vain. You finally get it. If you are mocking (and you are), then refute the statement. Shank has a chapter proving this point from Scripture and science. OSAS relies on proof texting out of context, lame arguments, Calvinistic ideas, etc.

john w

Hall of Fame
Baptism does not save. Many true Christians have not been water baptized yet. Some who are baptized are not even converted (cults baptize people). Circumcision is also not an issue for believers. Spiritual circumcision does happen when one is converted. It is not a wooden literalism, so the reality is true only if and when someone is in Christ. Apostates are no longer in Christ, so any spiritual benefit or promises for believers do not apply because they are unbelievers who reject Christ and His work. They are not in relationship with Christ, not in Christ, so the realities of vital connection with Him do not apply.

You see how the circ can fall away, so don't play dumb and think it is impossible for uncirc humans to do the same. Your two gospel caste system is imposed on Scripture and the rule differences are arbitrary in light of any gospel being rooted in the person and work of Christ. So, either circ and uncirc are OSAS or neither are.

If I come under the rulership of the U.S. or Canada after leaving a communist China, I can renounce my new freedom citizenship and return to the darkness of communism. Analogies can be pressed in various ways.

You are making spiritual reality irreversible and separate from connection with Christ. In Christ, all these promises and privileges and realities apply. Apart from Christ (unbeliever or apostate), none still apply because they are conditional on being connected to the one who makes the realities possible. In johnw's view, he can hate Christ, be a Muslim/atheist/Satanist, and still be saved. This is unbiblical, illogical nonsense.

Metaphors about spiritual reality also cannot be pressed into wooden literalisms like you are doing. Some argue that one cannot be physically unborn, so how can one be unbornagain? This is a lame argument that assumes spiritual rebirth is identical in every way to physical birth instead of just analogous on some vs all points. Physical birth is irreversible and it involves sperm/egg/sex, procreation, pain, etc. Spiritual rebirth is supernatural and relational, not irreversible, physical.

I take seriously the security of believer passages AND the stern apostate ones. You don't logically follow through with unconditional universalism and simply limit apostate passages to circ believers. Since you are wrong about MAD/two gospel theories, your assumptions about OSAS are off and lead to wrong conclusions.

Most free will theists are not OSAS. Generally, Calvinists/determinists are the ones who support OSAS/POTS.

Spam, void of connecting the dots, with the book, since you reject it, and trust your commentaries.

Wolf, spewing forth the trash of humanism.

john w

Hall of Fame
My life is not in vain. You finally get it. If you are mocking (and you are), then refute the statement. Shank has a chapter proving this point from Scripture and science. OSAS relies on proof texting out of context, lame arguments, Calvinistic ideas, etc.

"OSAS relies on proof texting out of context, lame arguments, Calvinistic ideas, etc."-Ernie Douglas

Spam cliche-"etc."

"etc."

Clown of TOL.

john w

Hall of Fame
Yes. Apostasy is an extreme rejection of great light, not a moment by moment wavering. Rejecting OSAS does not have to lead to hyper-Arminianism that few actually hold to (except immature new Christians who feel guilty for sin and run to the altar to get resaved every week....this is correctable and not related to rejecting extreme OSAS).

"extreme OSAS)"

Like "extreme pregnancy.....death....life.....in Christ.....lost...salvation"?

Clown.

JoeyArnold

BANNED
Banned
Dying more than once disqualifies dying even once. If the crucifixion isn't completely sufficient to cover all sins, past, present, future, then it is sufficient to say that Christ died in vain, if that were the case. If Christ would have to die again, it would mean that He was indeed not a unblemish, unspotted lamb without stripes. It would mean that He wasn't able to conquer sin, death, disease, depravity, Satan, & the grave. It would mean that salvation would be a scam, losable, partial, unsecurable, unreliable.

Charity

Good Morning

Good Morning

There is no rewards down here other than opening the hearts door an exposing the Nature of wonders.

saved had past an salvation refuses.

saved is the first resurrection, an salvation is the second is for those that did not choose to grasp first.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
"Perhaps, but you cannot renounce Jesus and His finished work and start worshipping Satan as your God and still be justified forever."-wolf

Yes I can. I am justified forever. I could deny the Lord Jesus Christ, worship satan, kill 100000000000 people, and I am justified forever.

You see, wolf, that is the difference between a saved , honest man, like myself, and a religious, dishonest prostitute like yourself. I know the bad news, and thus I know the good news, and what happened 2000 years ago, and why it was necessary. You are clueless. My evidence? Evey one of your perverted posts.

Wolf. Get saved.

Man, you are sick.(unto death)

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dying more than once disqualifies dying even once. If the crucifixion isn't completely sufficient to cover all sins, past, present, future, then it is sufficient to say that Christ died in vain, if that were the case. If Christ would have to die again, it would mean that He was indeed not a unblemish, unspotted lamb without stripes. It would mean that He wasn't able to conquer sin, death, disease, depravity, Satan, & the grave. It would mean that salvation would be a scam, losable, partial, unsecurable, unreliable.

Christ did not die so believers did not have to themselves.

LA

john w

Hall of Fame
Man, you are sick.(unto death)

LA

Thanks!!! A Christ rejector, child of the devil, slithering in, on an older thread, in hopes not many would notice, per pappy devil's orders, not approving of me? Thanks for the compliment!!!!

Get saved, demon-ette, wolf-ette.

john w

Hall of Fame
I thought it was about saint john w the great...

Oh, you are a real Bob Hope today, aren't you Mayor? Why don't you swing on down to the local "Moose Club," slip the members a "Mickie," sorta like Peter Lori, and then take over as President, ala Fred Flintstone? Wouldn't that be "great?"

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Only Catholics believe that one loses their salvation after committing certain sins. They are called 'mortal sin'. So if you are a Protestant and you believe that, the Catholic Church is that-a-way. *pointing in general direction*

Status
Not open for further replies.