toldailytopic: Does a Christian lose their salvation every time they sin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

john w

Hall of Fame
Only Catholics believe that one loses their salvation after committing certain sins. They are called 'mortal sin'. So if you are a Protestant and you believe that, the Catholic Church is that-a-way :thumb:

Only Catholics, you assert? You need to get out more.

elohiym

Only Catholics believe that one loses their salvation after committing certain sins. They are called 'mortal sin'. So if you are a Protestant and you believe that, the Catholic Church is that-a-way. *pointing in general direction*

For examples:

If you rape a woman today, will you lose your salvation? Yes or no?
Those who are in Christ do not rape anyone. If I raped a woman today, I never was a christian.

if you rape a woman today, you're not a Christian

followers of Christ don't rape women

Are those posters in the BOC or not?

Crucible

BANNED
Banned

People's divergent, solitary beliefs do not count. There are people who believe Jesus and Lucifer are the same being.

If you are a Protestant and believe the teachings of 'venial vs mortal sin' (in relevance to salvation/damnation), then you simply have something wrong with your theology.

john w

Hall of Fame
People's divergent, solitary beliefs do not count. There are people who believe Jesus and Lucifer are the same being.

Lay out the sins for which the Lord Jesus Christ, your(my emphasis) probation officer, did not die.

Footballpunter.gif

john w

Hall of Fame

f yo are a Protestant and believe the teachings of 'venial vs mortal sin', then you simply have something wrong within.

Made up-false dichotomy. You need to get out more. Read half the posts, from the frauds on TOL, who claim to be members of the boc, but who talk like Romans, Mormons, JW's, Buddhists, .......................................................................................................................

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Made up-false dichotomy. You need to get out more. Read half the posts, from the frauds on TOL, who claim to be members of the boc, but who talk like Romans, Mormons, JW's, Buddhists, .......................................................................................................................

Martin Luther believed that the only way a person can lose their salvation is if they lose their faith.

John Calvin believed that those of the elect are already predetermined, and even if they lose their faith for a time, will reclaim it before they pass and thus were saved from the beginning- but never was if they fail.

Protestant belief goes in an entirely different direction than what the Catholic Church sees of merit and sin- 'mortal sin' is a meaningless term in Protestant theology.

john w

Hall of Fame
Martin Luther believed that the only way a person can lose their salvation is if they lose their faith.

John Calvin believed that those of the elect are already predetermined, and even if they lose their faith for a time, will reclaim it before they pass and thus were saved from the beginning- but never was if they fail.

Protestant belief goes in an entirely different direction than what the Catholic Church sees of merit and sin- 'mortal sin' is a meaningless term in Protestant theology.

Translated:Assert, pound the podium, declare "Only Catholics believe that one loses their salvation after committing certain sins," victory, return to "Clueless" echo chamber.Read half the posts, from the frauds on TOL, who claim to be members of the boc, but who talk like Romans, Mormons, JW's, Buddhists,

You made it up. Get out of the "sound proof room," backstage, rummy-you need to get out more.

Sit.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Translated:Assert, pound the podium, declare "Only Catholics believe that one loses their salvation after committing certain sins," victory, return to "Clueless" echo chamber.Read half the posts, from the frauds on TOL, who claim to be members of the boc, but who talk like Romans, Mormons, JW's, Buddhists,

You made it up. Get out of the "sound proof room," backstage, rummy-you need to get out more.

Sit.

Are you drunk :freak:

john w

Hall of Fame
Are you drunk :freak:

Do you have a need to know?

Do me this favor. I won't forget it. Ask your friends in the TOL neighborhood about me. They'll tell you I know how to return a favor, and how great I am, and humble.

Don John W

My home page: This page has had 16,224 visits

RCLady

There are "sins unto death" and "sins not unto death" 1 John 5:17. Obviously this means that not all sins place a person in the state of damnation. Some sins unto death are named in 1 Cor. 6:9-11. A person who sins mortally places himself in the state of damnation, and unless he repents before he dies, he will certainly go to Hell.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

There are "sins unto death" and "sins not unto death" 1 John 5:17. Obviously this means that not all sins place a person in the state of damnation. Some sins unto death are named in 1 Cor. 6:9-11. A person who sins mortally places himself in the state of damnation, and unless he repents before he dies, he will certainly go to Hell.

All sin was taken care of by Christ

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

Catholic false doctrine.

Status
Not open for further replies.