toldailytopic: Does God require those in the Body of Christ keep the Law?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Shalom. I am a Jew. I keep the Sabbath. I believe that the question is if Christians or those in the body of Christ should keep the Sabbath. Shalom.

Jacob

heir

TOL Subscriber
Shalom. I am a Jew. I keep the Sabbath. I believe that the question is if Christians or those in the body of Christ should keep the Sabbath. Shalom.

Jacob
You are not a Jew (Hosea 1:9 KJV, Romans 11:32 KJV) . Rather, this is you in time past (Ephesians 2:11-13 KJV). As to keeping the law: Galatians 5:1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You are not a Jew (Hosea 1:9 KJV, Romans 11:32 KJV) . Rather, this is you in time past (Ephesians 2:11-13 KJV). As to keeping the law: Galatians 5:1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

Shalom. Obeying God is not bondage. I am a Jew. I observe Torah. I am a part of the nation or people of Israel. Shalom.

Jacob

heir

TOL Subscriber
Shalom. Obeying God is not bondage. I am a Jew. I observe Torah. I am a part of the nation or people of Israel. Shalom.

Jacob
You're a wannabe (Galatians 4:21 KJV). You don't keep the law. You just posture as though you do. There are no Jews today so to call yourself one is a joke. God is not dealing with the nation Israel, but in the filling up of His Body; calling all men by the gospel (1 Timothy 2:4-6 KJV, 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, Ephesians 3:6 KJV).

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Obeying Elohim, in the hope obedience leads to salvation, is bondage to sin.

Shalom.

Obeying God is never wrong. What we need to be sure of is that we are obeying Him and not just doing things even if we think we are doing good. You must be born again.

Shalom.

Jacob

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You're a wannabe (Galatians 4:21 KJV). You don't keep the law. You just posture as though you do. There are no Jews today so to call yourself one is a joke. God is not dealing with the nation Israel, but in the filling up of His Body; calling all men by the gospel (1 Timothy 2:4-6 KJV, 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, Ephesians 3:6 KJV).

Shalom.

Respectfully, I disagree with you.

Shalom.

Jacob

Truster

Shalom.

Obeying God is never wrong. What we need to be sure of is that we are obeying Him and not just doing things even if we think we are doing good. You must be born again.

Shalom.

Jacob

The unregenerate do not obey Elohim. They obey their own perception of Him and His requirements. That is, in and of itself, idol worship without the calf.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame

This would be a good thread topic. "God is not dealing with the nation Israel"

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The unregenerate do not obey Elohim. They obey their own perception of Him and His requirements. That is, in and of itself, idol worship without the calf.

Shalom.

You are to love God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your might. You are to love your neighbor as yourself. This is what obeying God's commands is all about.

Shalom.

Jacob

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
It is, seek find, be born again, Romans 10:9 and then, after one will do the good; Timothy refers to as the witness that one is saved.

Works does not save, and Timothy was not saying this.

Jerry Shugart

If it takes faith plus obedience to the law to be saved then what level of obedience is required?

In other words, what must a believer do in order to inherit eternal life according to his obedience? Is he just supposed to do the best that he can do to live a moral life? In my case I know that I have not always done my best to live that kind of a life so am I disqualified from ever attaining the eternal life which is in Christ Jesus?

Let us examine the following exchange between a lawyer and the Lord Jesus Christ where He answered the question of what level of obedience it takes to inherit eternal life:

"And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life? He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou? And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself. And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live"
(Lk.10:25-28).​

If we fall short of that is our hope of salvation lost? If not,how many times do we get to fail but still have a chance to be saved?

Perhaps those who teach that both faith and obedience to the law are required for salvation can answer that question.