toldailytopic: Home remedies: what are you favorite home remedies for common ailments

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for February 27th, 2012 10:29 AM

toldailytopic: Home remedies: what are you favorite home remedies for common ailments?

flu.jpg

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
We have found one that really works.... at the first sign of a cold or flu coming on lie on your side and pour several drops of hydrogen peroxide into your ear. Stay on your side and let the peroxide bubble for about 10 minutes. Then drain out the peroxide and do the same thing in the other ear.

Do this every couple hours (if possible) and you will completely avoid the sickness or at very least lesson the strength of the sickness dramatically.

However, this only works if you start the treatment at the first sign of sickness.

And of course, don't do this if you have any condition that doesn't allow you to have liquid in your ear drums.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I ought to give that one a try.

One I use during cold and flu season is peppermint tea. It strengthens the immune system increasing resistance to colds and flu.

PureX

Actually, lots of sleep is probably not such a bad plan. Keeping warm and still frees up your body's energy to focus on fighting off the virus. Mild foods like chicken or beef broth would help for the same reason. I personally will use cold medications like Coricidin because they dry the sinuses and help relieve fever and body ache. They can't stop the flu virus but they do help alleviate the symptoms.

S0Z0

BANNED
Banned
Peppermint essential oils rubbed on areas in pain. Gets rid of headaches faster than Benny Hinn

kmoney

Hall of Fame
We have found one that really works.... at the first sign of a cold or flu coming on lie on your side and pour several drops of hydrogen peroxide into your ear. Stay on your side and let the peroxide bubble for about 10 minutes. Then drain out the peroxide and do the same thing in the other ear.

Do this every couple hours (if possible) and you will completely avoid the sickness or at very least lesson the strength of the sickness dramatically.

However, this only works if you start the treatment at the first sign of sickness.

And of course, don't do this if you have any condition that doesn't allow you to have liquid in your ear drums.

Interesting. I have never heard that one. Is there an explanation for how it works?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Interesting. I have never heard that one. Is there an explanation for how it works?
My wife knows all the details. She loves that kinda stuff.

I am the total skeptic so at first, I highly doubted it would work. But now... I'm a believer. I've been doing it with great success for about 2 years.

I think it has to do with killing off any bacteria in your ear canals therefore giving your immune system a running head start.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
I use beer for pretty much everything. I wrenched my back last week, been living on beer and aspirins every since.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
If you ever have a sore tooth due to inflamed gums, put a couple drops of oregano essential oils on the end of a cotton swab Q-tip and rub the swab around the gums and on the tooth. The oregano oil will kill the bacteria which will get rid of the inflamation within 24 hours which will get rid of the pain. This has worked for me every time I've tried it.

john w

Hall of Fame
Chicks don't dig "wrinkled" faces. Head on down to Walmart, and pick up some coconut oil for $6.95(you can also get a KJB for $5.95). Put it on your face every night. This explains why Mary Anne and Ginger dug the Professor.

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
A good ol' Irish Hot Toddy makes me feel better when I've got the flu...

1 1/2 (or two...or three...) oz Jameson Irish whiskey
1/4 oz lemon juice
3/4 oz pure cane sugar
1 slice lemon
1 clove
4 oz hot water

Breathe

1/4 oz lemon juice
3/4 oz pure cane sugar
1 slice lemon
1 clove
4 oz hot water

My husband swears by a hot toddy and a lot of covers. He says it will break a fever every time.

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
My husband swears by a hot toddy and a lot of covers. He says it will break a fever every time.

I agree. Perhaps it's medicinal or perhaps the alcohol just helps you feel better. Either way, it seems to work for me.

S0Z0

BANNED
Banned

1/4 oz lemon juice
3/4 oz pure cane sugar
1 slice lemon
1 clove
4 oz hot water
These work, but they work better if you replace the sugar with honey.

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
These work, but they work better if you replace the sugar with honey.

I should have mentioned that. I use both...sometimes I like the honey better (and I think it's better medicinally) and sometimes I like the flavor of the sugar best. Good point.

S0Z0

BANNED
Banned
I should have mentioned that. I use both...sometimes I like the honey better (and I think it's better medicinally) and sometimes I like the flavor of the sugar best. Good point.
I'm fairly convinced that white sugar is behind the vast majority of cancer cases. We make everything with locally grown honey.